or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 769

post #11521 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by namdaemun View Post
 

Question on sizing of shoes

 

I've a pair of Bally's ankle zips thats tagged 13 D. Made in Italy

 

When I measured the INNER sole it came to 12.25"

The OUTER sole came to 12.75"

 

Does this sound weird? What should I tell my buyers what the size is?

I use this chart:

 

And if you want to back into the brannock device size and all you know is the inside length (assuming a normal toe shape), use can you this spreadsheet.

 

ShoeSizeCalculator.xlsx 34k .xlsx file  

 

Edit: using this calc, your shoe comes out to a size 12.7, which = 13. Some other systems use 3/8 or 1/2" for the toe space. if you use half inch, you're dead on size 13.

post #11522 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

plain.gif

 

Meant no offense, if anything slightly jealous of your shiny base with gorgeous knot and whimsical tie display.  :D

post #11523 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
 

 

Meant no offense, if anything slightly jealous of your shiny base with gorgeous knot and whimsical tie display.  :D

He's too busy selling 90 ties a week to take offense.

post #11524 of 15723
Sold a tie to someone and I shipped it in a small flat rate box. The buyer lives less than 90 minutes from me, so it arrived promptly. The tracking info shows that it was delivered on the 19th. The buyer messages me on the 29th claiming they never got the tie. I ask them if they called the post office, because the tracking info shows that it was delivered. They are basically belligerent, claiming that I committed fraud, etc. They leave negative feedback. I call eBay and get a bunch of bullshit about how they can't remove the feedback unless the buyer opens a case and it's escalated to eBay (and even then, the feedback might be removed). For shits and giggles I ask them if I issue the buyer a full refund right now, will they remove it. Nope. I guess eBay doesn't find it a bit odd that the buyer didn't open a case (obviously because they got the tie). According to the eBay rep, eBay is responsible for issuing the refund in a case like this (item was shipped to the address in the system, but was "lost").

I guess the new eBay policy is that a buyer can leave you negative feedback for absolutely no reason and eBay is perfectly fine with it.
post #11525 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post
 

I use this chart:

 

And if you want to back into the brannock device size and all you know is the inside length (assuming a normal toe shape), use can you this spreadsheet.

 

ShoeSizeCalculator.xlsx 34k .xlsx file  

 

Edit: using this calc, your shoe comes out to a size 12.7, which = 13. Some other systems use 3/8 or 1/2" for the toe space. if you use half inch, you're dead on size 13.

Thank you so much, Jebarne! That is a very interesting spreadsheet. How did you come about this?

post #11526 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by namdaemun View Post
 

Thank you so much, Jebarne! That is a very interesting spreadsheet. How did you come about this?

I read the description of how it was calculated on wikipedia. I knew it would come up again so rather than go to wikipedia every time I put the calc in a spreadsheet. 

 

Also, there are a bunch of shoe sellers who have downloadable measurement guides, so the first few times I used it, I checked it by overlaying it on the paper copies. Allen Edmunds has their own. Print them out (making sure 1" is 1") and measure off your inside dimension. Take off a half inch and that's your size. zero calc required

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/wcsstore/AllenEdmonds/Attachment/content/size_and_fit_guide.pdf

 

a more general one here at STP:

 

http://s.stpost.com/m/img/guides/shoesizingguides/mens-brannock.pdf

post #11527 of 15723

Overcast and rainy sunday means that I can't take pictures since there's pretty much no light coming into my room :/



Side note, I know you all start auctions to end on Sunday evenings. Do you think it matters for binobos?
Edited by ridethecliche - 3/30/14 at 12:50pm
post #11528 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

Overcast and rainy sunday means that I can't take pictures since there's pretty much no light coming into my room :/


 

 

Just pony up the $50 and get some damned lights.  How many times now have you written about how using natural light inhibits your abilities?? 

post #11529 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Sold a tie to someone and I shipped it in a small flat rate box. The buyer lives less than 90 minutes from me, so it arrived promptly. The tracking info shows that it was delivered on the 19th. The buyer messages me on the 29th claiming they never got the tie. I ask them if they called the post office, because the tracking info shows that it was delivered. They are basically belligerent, claiming that I committed fraud, etc. They leave negative feedback. I call eBay and get a bunch of bullshit about how they can't remove the feedback unless the buyer opens a case and it's escalated to eBay (and even then, the feedback might be removed). For shits and giggles I ask them if I issue the buyer a full refund right now, will they remove it. Nope. I guess eBay doesn't find it a bit odd that the buyer didn't open a case (obviously because they got the tie). According to the eBay rep, eBay is responsible for issuing the refund in a case like this (item was shipped to the address in the system, but was "lost").

I guess the new eBay policy is that a buyer can leave you negative feedback for absolutely no reason and eBay is perfectly fine with it.

What did the feedback say?
post #11530 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post

He's too busy selling 90 ties a week to take offense.

lol8[1].gif
post #11531 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post


Side note, I know you all start auctions to end on Sunday evenings. Do you think it matters for binobos?

Of course not.
post #11532 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCoNE View Post
 

 

Just pony up the $50 and get some damned lights.  How many times now have you written about how using natural light inhibits your abilities?? 

 

Just this once!

I last lamented the lack of a mannequin :p

 

Will look into it soon though if this continues to be an issue. I dabble so moving things a week or two here or there isn't much of an issue right now. It was annoying because I was planning to do some of it this weekend, but I ended up coming into work instead.

post #11533 of 15723
how well do shoulder pads hold up?? i had to stuff a RRA box pretty well with a woman's suit i sold. im worried about the pads getting messed up...


should i be?
post #11534 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

What did the feedback say?

"Never delivered to me. Seller says sent and my problem. Don't buy."
Edited by suited - 3/31/14 at 4:19am
post #11535 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

"Never delivered to me. Buyer says sent and my problem. Don't buy."

Thats 100% removable. Call back on a weekday, tell them you're calling to get a feedback removed. They'll ask you whats going on in the sale, you say, his feedback says it wasn't delivered, but the tracking (which I hope you uploaded to the sale) shows as delivered on xx/xx/xx.

Do it tomorrow (or now), let me know how it goes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions