or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 744

post #11146 of 17541

good luck buddy, sounds like you made up your mind contrary to the advice given.

 

I know there are good people out there who may be oblivious to all the rules and regulations of conducting sales via eBay.  But, there are also scammers who are alive and well who feed off of these people kinds of people.

 

Just tread with caution, that is all.

post #11147 of 17541

Guys, anything in the latest round of IRS rules that affect the way you claim your sales?  

 

I am not incorporated and just started hobby sales last January.  I have kept good records and had planned on just filing profits on Line 21 of the 1040.  Reading more, it looks like the right answer is to use Schedule C, even though I'm not officially a company.  My profits and expenses from last year appear to keep me in the running for a Schedule C EZ, but this year will likely force me to a regular Schedule C. 

 

Rules have been changing fast and furiously in every sector -- have you read anything that made you change your plans?

 

Thanks!

post #11148 of 17541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirum View Post
 

 

 

 

Does this work?

 

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that. If I complete the transaction with a different Paypal address I void ebay policy and lose seller protection. However, if you connected (email) with your ebay account, I could cancel this transaction, relist the suit, you could purchase again and we could complete the transaction as normal. Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Thanks!"

 

Irritatingly I would loose out an additional 2% in fees, or whatever the diff between auction and BIN is, but still.

 

Edit: Buyer sent back a message saying she can't it's for her fiance the Paypal registered with ebay account doesn't have the funds blah blah. I want to be sure I cannot send an invoice from Paypal to the email she's providing without risking ebay policy and sure that there aren't alternatives. Losing a sale is annoying and this is on something that's been up for a third time, plus she seems nice and I want to help her out.

She doesn't need a paypal balance or even a paypal account to pay with a credit card. She checks out as though she is going to use paypal and there is an option to enter the CC info through the secure paypal page. 

post #11149 of 17541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post
 

good luck buddy, sounds like you made up your mind contrary to the advice given.

 

I know there are good people out there who may be oblivious to all the rules and regulations of conducting sales via eBay.  But, there are also scammers who are alive and well who feed off of these people kinds of people.

 

Just tread with caution, that is all.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

She doesn't need a paypal balance or even a paypal account to pay with a credit card. She checks out as though she is going to use paypal and there is an option to enter the CC info through the secure paypal page. 

 

Thanks for the advice guys. Last night I sent her a message saying that I would figure something out in the morning. Just now asked her to pay using wes's method, otherwise I will need to cancel the transaction. 

post #11150 of 17541

I sold a leather jacket to a guy about a week ago. He leaves positive feedback: "Very nice jacket.............AAA+++". Today I get a message that the jacket smells bad and he wants to return it b/c having it cleaned would cost too much. I accept returns, but he wants me to pay return shipping, and quite frankly, the jacket was a tough sell in the first place. I don't think there was a smell to the jacket and assume it's just buyer's remorse. Would ebay likely decide in my favor if he opens a case since he already left positive feedback?

post #11151 of 17541
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

I sold a leather jacket to a guy about a week ago. He leaves positive feedback: "Very nice jacket.............AAA+++". Today I get a message that the jacket smells bad and he wants to return it b/c having it cleaned would cost too much. I accept returns, but he wants me to pay return shipping, and quite frankly, the jacket was a tough sell in the first place. I don't think there was a smell to the jacket and assume it's just buyer's remorse. Would ebay likely decide in my favor if he opens a case since he already left positive feedback?

 

Sounds like buyers remorse. If it had smelled that bad he would have noticed it before leaving positive feedback, no?

post #11152 of 17541
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

I sold a leather jacket to a guy about a week ago. He leaves positive feedback: "Very nice jacket.............AAA+++". Today I get a message that the jacket smells bad and he wants to return it b/c having it cleaned would cost too much. I accept returns, but he wants me to pay return shipping, and quite frankly, the jacket was a tough sell in the first place. I don't think there was a smell to the jacket and assume it's just buyer's remorse. Would ebay likely decide in my favor if he opens a case since he already left positive feedback?


Someone encountered a similar problem very recently in this thread. He won the case based upon the fact that he sold two similar jackets, and the other one that sold received positive feedback. He argued with ebay saying that there's no way he would've missed the smell, and look, the other guy who got the exact jacket left glowing feedback. I would think that your case is stronger than his, but do check out the last few pages.

post #11153 of 17541
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

Sounds like buyers remorse. If it had smelled that bad he would have noticed it before leaving positive feedback, no?

I mentioned this in my response to him.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reosymes View Post
 


Someone encountered a similar problem very recently in this thread. He won the case based upon the fact that he sold two similar jackets, and the other one that sold received positive feedback. He argued with ebay saying that there's no way he would've missed the smell, and look, the other guy who got the exact jacket left glowing feedback. I would think that your case is stronger than his, but do check out the last few pages.

I remember this and believe it was Suited. I assumed that since the buyer himself left the positive feedback, I stood a good chance. Just didn't know if anyone had first hand experience of having a case opened after getting positive feedback. 

post #11154 of 17541
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

I sold a leather jacket to a guy about a week ago. He leaves positive feedback: "Very nice jacket.............AAA+++". Today I get a message that the jacket smells bad and he wants to return it b/c having it cleaned would cost too much. I accept returns, but he wants me to pay return shipping, and quite frankly, the jacket was a tough sell in the first place. I don't think there was a smell to the jacket and assume it's just buyer's remorse. Would ebay likely decide in my favor if he opens a case since he already left positive feedback?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

I mentioned this in my response to him.

 

I remember this and believe it was Suited. I assumed that since the buyer himself left the positive feedback, I stood a good chance. Just didn't know if anyone had first hand experience of having a case opened after getting positive feedback. 

 

I won a similar case, in fact I beat a CC chargeback (a big one too) because the person had left positive feedback, then tried to say through his CC that it was an unauthorized purchase.  Sad thing is the CC company probably ate it.  I got my $ back though.

post #11155 of 17541
Is anyone here fluent in Spanish? I need the following translated...

Hola,

The cleat on the toe was broken off during shipping. It can be replaced, but the shoes are completely usable even without that cleat.

Cheers,
post #11156 of 17541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Is anyone here fluent in Spanish? I need the following translated...

Hola,

The cleat on the toe was broken off during shipping. It can be replaced, but the shoes are completely usable even without that cleat.

Cheers,

Hola, mi nombre es Íñigo Montoya mataste a mi padre ... Prepárese para morir.

post #11157 of 17541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post

Hola, mi nombre es Íñigo Montoya mataste a mi padre ... Prepárese para morir.

LOLZ!!
post #11158 of 17541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


LOLZ!!

Lo siento, no hablo español, pero cuando tengo que escribirlo yo uso 

 

http://translate.google.com/

post #11159 of 17541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Is anyone here fluent in Spanish? I need the following translated...

Hola,

The cleat on the toe was broken off during shipping. It can be replaced, but the shoes are completely usable even without that cleat.

Cheers,


Although you are talking about specialized bike equipment so Google Translate will probably just confuse the shit out of the seller... Hope there is a Spanish Speaker here who can help though

post #11160 of 17541
I posted it on Facebook too. Someone's bouldering to know. I really want to sell those shoes!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions