or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 737

post #11041 of 18074

Proportions are weird too. 24 shoulders, 30 chest, 32 waist, 23 sleeve.....

post #11042 of 18074
I just checked usps.com for tracking on a suit I won this weekend. It is showing as "Out for Delivery" but it's in the wrong city. censored.gif

A quick check of Google Maps confirms that there is a street address in that city identical to my delivery address. :sadpanda:

I have messaged the seller to give him a heads up. I know I'd be protected in case I never get it, but I really want the suit.

What is my best course of action here? Call the local Post Office? Should I wait to see if it updates as "delivered"?!? I'd think that that' might be my worst case scenario b/c it's out of the USPS system.

Thoughts? Anybody dealt with something similar?

And yes, my PayPal address is correct and verified. A pair of shoes purchased on the same day (in fact, checked out at the same time as the suit!) arrived safely today.
post #11043 of 18074

@JabbaTheSlut thats buyer's remorse if i ever heard it

post #11044 of 18074

Can anyone please give some insight here. I tried googling but I didn't find anything 100%. A potential buyer asked me about this listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131116018098&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123 , the tag says 36 52 7L. The actual measurement of the waist is about 17 5/8" across which is more like 35" - 35 1/4". Is it possible that the drop 7 is the more accurate measurement and the 36 is just because they don't have a number 35 and this is just closer to 36 than 34 so they marked it 36? I guess to be more precise my question is why is it tagged 36 and the drop is 7 which should result in it being a 35?

post #11045 of 18074
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkshin View Post
 

Proportions are weird too. 24 shoulders, 30 chest, 32 waist, 23 sleeve.....

Good luck selling it, 23 sleeves with a 60 chest...goodness, that is hard to imagine in my head.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post
 

@JabbaTheSlut thats buyer's remorse if i ever heard it

+1, that shit aint fake...buyer needs to prove its fake.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post
 

Can anyone please give some insight here. I tried googling but I didn't find anything 100%. A potential buyer asked me about this listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131116018098&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123 , the tag says 36 52 7L. The actual measurement of the waist is about 17 5/8" across which is more like 35" - 35 1/4". Is it possible that the drop 7 is the more accurate measurement and the 36 is just because they don't have a number 35 and this is just closer to 36 than 34 so they marked it 36? I guess to be more precise my question is why is it tagged 36 and the drop is 7 which should result in it being a 35?

huh?

post #11046 of 18074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post
 

Can anyone please give some insight here. I tried googling but I didn't find anything 100%. A potential buyer asked me about this listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131116018098&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123 , the tag says 36 52 7L. The actual measurement of the waist is about 17 5/8" across which is more like 35" - 35 1/4". Is it possible that the drop 7 is the more accurate measurement and the 36 is just because they don't have a number 35 and this is just closer to 36 than 34 so they marked it 36? I guess to be more precise my question is why is it tagged 36 and the drop is 7 which should result in it being a 35?

huh?

LOL. Sorry didn't mean to ramble. 36 is the pants waist size, 52 drop 7 means the waist size is 42 - 7, right? That should be a 35 waist not 36. How can it be a 36 waist and drop 7 from 52 which is 35?

post #11047 of 18074
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post
 

LOL. Sorry didn't mean to ramble. 36 is the pants waist size, 52 drop 7 means the waist size is 42 - 7, right? That should be a 35 waist not 36. How can it be a 36 waist and drop 7 from 52 which is 35?

I have been told on this site and other places that "drop" means about 8 different things. I don't think anybody really knows what a drop actually is. I know a lot of people think they do, but when it comes right down to it, I'm not convinced they do.

post #11048 of 18074

Does it actually work to include the retail price in title?

 

I see this one Ebay seller listing loads of really dated stuff (90s power suits, high 3/4 button suits, low gorge 6x1 DB), and he always includes some high retail figure in the listing title, and always price his stuff between 150-1000 bucks if it's a fairly known brand (Canali, Zegna, HF, Armani, etc).

post #11049 of 18074
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post
 

LOL. Sorry didn't mean to ramble. 36 is the pants waist size, 52 drop 7 means the waist size is 42 - 7, right? That should be a 35 waist not 36. How can it be a 36 waist and drop 7 from 52 which is 35?

I have been told on this site and other places that "drop" means about 8 different things. I don't think anybody really knows what a drop actually is. I know a lot of people think they do, but when it comes right down to it, I'm not convinced they do.


Yeah, Im all in with you on that. I have seen two meanings, one and possibly the most popular view is that it is the pants waist, and the other is that it refers to the waist on the jacket that it will be 'drop' number measurements smaller than the chest. Interestingly, I also read that the 10 size rule that the EU size is 10 higher than the US size is not accurate and as the size gets bigger the difference also does so a 56EU might actually be a 44US not 46US.

post #11050 of 18074
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspace View Post
 

Does it actually work to include the retail price in title?

 

I see this one Ebay seller listing loads of really dated stuff (90s power suits, high 3/4 button suits, low gorge 6x1 DB), and he always includes some high retail figure in the listing title, and always price his stuff between 150-1000 bucks if it's a fairly known brand (Canali, Zegna, HF, Armani, etc).

Do you have a question, or are you informing us?

 

Since we do not know this sellers history, or his sold items, wouldn't you be the best judge of "if this works?"  you know, since you have the access to see this, not us.

post #11051 of 18074
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post
 


Yeah, Im all in with you on that. I have seen two meanings, one and possibly the most popular view is that it is the pants waist, and the other is that it refers to the waist on the jacket that it will be 'drop' number measurements smaller than the chest. Interestingly, I also read that the 10 size rule that the EU size is 10 higher than the US size is not accurate and as the size gets bigger the difference also does so a 56EU might actually be a 44US not 46US.

 

Is it possible that the pants were altered?

post #11052 of 18074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post
 


Yeah, Im all in with you on that. I have seen two meanings, one and possibly the most popular view is that it is the pants waist, and the other is that it refers to the waist on the jacket that it will be 'drop' number measurements smaller than the chest. Interestingly, I also read that the 10 size rule that the EU size is 10 higher than the US size is not accurate and as the size gets bigger the difference also does so a 56EU might actually be a 44US not 46US.

 

Is it possible that the pants were altered?


Not really. I bought it new in off 5th ave and nothing else appears to have been touched.

post #11053 of 18074
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post


Yeah, Im all in with you on that. I have seen two meanings, one and possibly the most popular view is that it is the pants waist, and the other is that it refers to the waist on the jacket that it will be 'drop' number measurements smaller than the chest. Interestingly, I also read that the 10 size rule that the EU size is 10 higher than the US size is not accurate and as the size gets bigger the difference also does so a 56EU might actually be a 44US not 46US.

The "Subtract 10" rule is indeed unreliable, particularly in larger sizes, since the sizing systems are using different units of measurement (Centimeters and Inches). To convert to US measurements, double to get the circumference in centimeters and divide by 2.54 to convert centimeters to inches. So a European 48 corresponds to a US 37.8, or approximately a US 38. A European 58 corresponds to a US 45.7, or approximately a US 46.
post #11054 of 18074
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post
 

style brethren: Help!

 

Trying to list this leather jacket. Its a really nice vintage piece but its tagged a size 52 which I assumed was a US 40-42 equivalent, but this comes 4" short of closing on my size 40 mannequin. 

 

I worried that I might have bought a women's accidentally, but all the men's that have sold or are for sale have the same snap arrangement and the zipper pull on the left side. 

 

Shoulder is 19.25, BOC - 21.75, chest is 23, waist is 17.25 and sleeve is 23.75. But this is a leather jacket so the measurements will be larger because of the thickness. 

 

Any ideas about size? I think it fits like a 38 across the chest, maybe even a 36, but the sleeves are longer, the BOC is short. 

 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Thanks

no love from you guys on how to translate this size? 

 

The shoulders are fine, its much smaller than it measures. Would you apply overcoat rules here? Actual - 6"?

post #11055 of 18074

A 23 chest should not even be close to a 36, no? My 40 sportcoats have a ptp of between 21-22ish usually. Maybe it's like a 42ish short?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions