Holy schnikies, that's insane. That's just begging for Christmas-white-elephant returns. It goes without saying that they can take their top-rated-plus designation and shove it.
I just got the email and came in here to vent about the fact that a DSR of a 3 now will count as a defect apparently if I read this right. If they're going to say that a 3 is a defect, they need to change the effing labeling so people realize it's really 5-stars-or-nothing.
Just when you think eBay can't get much worse, they find new, creative ways to be shitty...
edit: to be clear, and for convenience, here is what ebay considers a defect:
- 1, 2 or 3-star rating for item as described
- 1-star rating for shipping time
- Negative or neutral feedback
- Return initiated because the item was not as described
- An eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection case opened for an item not received or an item not as described
- Seller-cancelled transaction
Would a scenario where the buyer returns something outside of the managed return process, and the seller then refunds the payment and initiates a cancel transaction process fall under this? If so, that would be asinine.