or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 722

post #10816 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirum View Post
 

Is there a specific way to measure the front and rear rise on a pair of pants? I've only ever done outseam - inseam. 


I like this video from No Man Walks Alone. It explains it perfectly.

 

http://nomanwalksalone.tumblr.com/private/61531182050/tumblr_mtaicgDQux1sby8su

post #10817 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post
 

That's what makes the rise so important, right? I usually just give front rise on eBay. If people want more, they'll ask. I thought about giving both, but I think it is a bit forboding.


+1. I just give front rise (and tell them how I measure it, so there's no confusion).

post #10818 of 17573

Thanks guys. I'll start including the front rise in my listings.

post #10819 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirum View Post
 

Thanks guys. I'll start including the front rise in my listings.

 

Can't stop laughing at your avatar. Have you seen some of the other photos?

post #10820 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL3212 View Post
 

 

Can't stop laughing at your avatar. Have you seen some of the other photos?


My girlfriend sent me this picture today.

 

post #10821 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL3212 View Post
 

 

Can't stop laughing at your avatar. Have you seen some of the other photos?

 

I looked at the rest of the guys listings, but that definitely seemed like the best. My roommate almost doubled over when he saw it.

post #10822 of 17573
I sold a winter overcoat to someone and they message me saying that "I received the jacket today and it smells and is dmusty. I would like to return it for a refund." I tried this jacket on several times to get a feel for the size, and I also inspect all of my items for smells. It didn't smell when I shipped it to him. I responded and said:
Quote:
"I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy with the jacket, but I am 100 percent certain that it did not smell, nor was it "musty" when it was shipped to you. I know this because I tried the jacket on several times (evidenced by the description part of the listing when I said "I wear a 42 suit jacket and this is a very snug fit for me with just a dress shirt on"). Also, I make sure to inspect items for that sort of thing, as I always have things cleaned if they have any sort of smell to them. I would be more than willing to compromise here and pay for you to have the jacket professionally cleaned. "

He said:
Quote:
"Thank you for responding to my email. I don't believe that a professional dry cleaner will be able to remove the smelll; therefore, I would like to return the item for a refund."

I said:
Quote:
"I'm not sure I understand. If the smell is so pungent that a dry cleaner can't remove it, I would have surely smelled it when I tried the jacket on several times, and inspected it. I am willing to pay for the jacket to be cleaned, but I am positive that it did not smell when I packaged and shipped the item, so I cannot offer a full refund, I am sorry."

I guess at this point I'm hoping he opens a case and I'm able to win it. My guess is that it doesn't fit him, or he just doesn't like it and he's trying to game the system. The fact that he's lying is primarily what's making me refuse to offer the refund, even though he's been cordial in his language so far. I snagged a nice price for this topcoat, and the season for selling them is just about over, so I'd be taking a big hit by trying to resell it.

What would you do?
post #10823 of 17573
I don't think you'll win
post #10824 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post

I don't think you'll win

 

+1

 

Take return or offer partial refund. It's not worth the negative feedback.

post #10825 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

+1

Take return or offer partial refund. It's not worth the negative feedback.

Normally, I would, but because he's being dishonest I am not going to offer the refund. Had he messaged me and said that it didn't fit, or it didn't look right on him, I would have been much more understanding. I don't have patience for BS, I guess. He opened a case, so we'll see what happens.
post #10826 of 17573
Was this thrifted?
He might be more sensitive to smell
U may not notice
post #10827 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post


Normally, I would, but because he's being dishonest I am not going to offer the refund. Had he messaged me and said that it didn't fit, or it didn't look right on him, I would have been much more understanding. I don't have patience for BS, I guess. He opened a case, so we'll see what happens.

I don't know. You came here for advice, and got good advice. You are risking your business basically to stick it to this guy, when you said yourself in the same situation with slightly different approach, you would have taken the return. I understand not liking what this guy is doing, but you're taking a big risk with your business to prove a point.

post #10828 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post

Was this thrifted?
He might be more sensitive to smell
U may not notice

Yes, it was thrifted. Another topcoat that was from the same donor was thrifted with it, and that buyer seemed very happy with theirs. It didn't smell, I am sure of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post

I don't know. You came here for advice, and got good advice.

I asked what others would do, I did not intend to imply that I was going to do the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post

You are risking your business basically to stick it to this guy, when you said yourself in the same situation with slightly different approach, you would have taken the return. I understand not liking what this guy is doing, but you're taking a big risk with your business to prove a point.

I don't see it as proving anything, I see it as sticking to my principles, which is more important to me than a negative feedback remark. I have always worked with honest buyers on refunds.
post #10829 of 17573
Dear Ebay, if you're going to give this message to buyers when they buy stuff, hold them to it!!!!!!!!

post #10830 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reosymes View Post
 


+1. I just give front rise (and tell them how I measure it, so there's no confusion).

Why can't people just subtract the full length by the inseam?  It may not be precise, but within a .5 inch at most.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

I don't see it as proving anything, I see it as sticking to my principles, which is more important to me than a negative feedback remark. I have always worked with honest buyers on refunds.

I fight with myself on this same thing.  I can lose sleep over some returns...it can hurt at times. :angry:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Dear Ebay, if you're going to give this message to buyers when they buy stuff, hold them to it!!!!!!!!

that would be too ideal...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions