or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 695

post #10411 of 18059

Cross posted from the Labels/nail patterns thread. Got two replies with AS and EG as possible makers. Any other ideas? Thanks a lot!

 

Quote:

Found a pair of Cole Haan shoes, made in England. Says 'Hand Lasted' in the third picture. Can anyone identify the maker? Thanks!

 

 

 

post #10412 of 18059

Damn. EG for Cole Haan? 

post #10413 of 18059
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post
 

Just to follow up. I tried to draw this guy out a bit and eventually just told him I was going to comp the shipping to which he responded with an even nastier note ending in calling me a Shylock. :)

 

I contacted eBay and got them to read the correspondence. They made notes about the transaction, and agreed with me that this looked like feedback extortion (made notes to that effect), and told me to call back if he does leave negative feedback. Think I'm covered here, but I've also taken screenshots of all the correspondence to deploy in case he tries anything outside of eBay. I figure I'll just post them in response to anything he might say about me and leave it at that. Let him speak for himself, as it were.


Could you post the username. I think I'd like to block them.

post #10414 of 18059
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post
 


Could you post the username. I think I'd like to block them.

I put it in the block spreadsheet, but here it is: imrichie33

post #10415 of 18059
Anyone ship to spain before??

I assume the pricing is different than the UK
post #10416 of 18059
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4lnamja View Post

Anyone ship to spain before??

I assume the pricing is different than the UK

Yes. I seem to recall it being about 10% more than to the UK.

I ALSO FINALLY SHIPPED SOMETHING TO Japan. A Norwegian sweater... facepalm.gif
post #10417 of 18059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Yes. I seem to recall it being about 10% more than to the UK.

I ALSO FINALLY SHIPPED SOMETHING TO Japan. A Norwegian sweater... facepalm.gif

Have you had success shipping there aka no headaches?

Someone messaged me about a pair of shoes and it was all in spanish ... I had to use google translator to understand what he was saying. Haha
post #10418 of 18059
Only one item, but no problems. There was definitely a language barrier, which I also experienced last summer driving into the Pyrenees from Barcelona.
post #10419 of 18059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

Why not put flat rate box into poly bag. Ship first class. Avg cost under $3..... :teach:

 

I've been using the search function and I have read numerous references to poly bags, where are you finding the best price to buy these?  I checked the priority bags at the post office and now they have priority mail stamped on the inside so the inside out trick will not work with that.  Thanks!  edit: found some here: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/100-poly-mailers-12x15

 

edit: 2nd question: Was just browsing through the selling tools:http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/advanced_selling_tools.html  what are most using?  Looking to list 30-50ish items per month.


Edited by cdgreg - 2/21/14 at 8:47pm
post #10420 of 18059
Question

at the bottom of my description, I write something along the lines of " I also sell ____, _____, and etc". I list about 20 diff brand names not to key word spam but to let ppl know what other brands I sell.

The brand names ARE NOT in the title description.

So, ebay took down my listing stating "misued" and abused this policy.

Am I wrong? I just wrote them an email stating they need to do their due diligence...
post #10421 of 18059
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4lnamja View Post

Question

at the bottom of my description, I write something along the lines of " I also sell ____, _____, and etc". I list about 20 diff brand names not to key word spam but to let ppl know what other brands I sell.

The brand names ARE NOT in the title description.

So, ebay took down my listing stating "misued" and abused this policy.

Am I wrong? I just wrote them an email stating they need to do their due diligence...

They are right - as you can search by title and description, those keywords come up in searches, and is keyword spamming.
post #10422 of 18059
... if that's the case then I've to revise EVERY single of my listings?

Is there a way to do this?
post #10423 of 18059
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4lnamja View Post

... if that's the case then I've to revise EVERY single of my listings?

Is there a way to do this?

Lol that sucks. Lots of clicks...👎
post #10424 of 18059
satisfied.gif
post #10425 of 18059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirum View Post
 

 

 

 

Thanks guys. Would this be worth doing pre-listing? And how much would it cost? 40S BBGF flannel suit, EUC otherwise.

I would.  If you're handy with an Iron you could do it yourself, especially on flannel where you're not worried about putting a shine on it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post
 

Shylock. :)

 

Shylock.... that's vaguely anti-semitic.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post

 

edit: 2nd question: Was just browsing through the selling tools:http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/advanced_selling_tools.html  what are most using?  Looking to list 30-50ish items per month.

Remember, relists count as listings, you can blow through those really quick.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions