or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 691

post #10351 of 15358
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
 

 

Nothing wrong with giving it a shot every once and a while. The low start will encourage bidding that could drive up the price. On the other hand, you need to be sure you get some traffic to your auction and your item isn't a strange size (e.g., size 13AAA shoes). I'm an eBay small timer, but my first few auctions started at $9.99 because I thought I could be Spoo. Instead, I took a bath, big time. My short answer would be not to try this, however, as I said at the outset, nothing wrong with running an experiment every once and a while for fun and with the expectation that you may take a bath.  

Set a BIN auction with what you want for it at good til canceled and forget about it until it sells.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
 

SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE

Had a similarly frustrating call last night trying to get a recent neg feedback removed.  Like talking to a wall.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by namdaemun View Post
 

Question:

 

I printed off a label for tomorrow (tuesday) but won't be able to send it until thursday.

 

Will USPS accept it? Do I need to re-print? If so, will I get my $ back from the original label?

Think you have 5 working days to post it from the label date.  You can always void and buy another one

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkshin View Post
 

Is this missing a button? It's weird that there's no middle button but there's no signs of a missing button (stitch holes, etc)

 

 

yes

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post
 


1. Not sure this is correct, I have never spoken to a non-American customer service representative when I have called eBay.

2. Bingo

3. Bingo

4. True

5. After the first time this happened, I now inspect all shirts. I didn't even try to sell the first one I just use it for my mannequin.

I think I only called ebay 2 or 3 times, last night's frustrating call was def overseas.  Think the previous ones were about accounting things, had a native English speaker.  Maybe they send the irate customers (trying to get feedback revision) directly overseas.

 

Has anyone ever sold mismatched pants/coat as a suit?  I just did it twice in the same week, apparently.  I just got the first one back, it's so close, so freaking close, the weaves are identical, the color looks identical except in different lights they show up differently.  I took a few extra flash pics, seeing if that would accentuate the difference, but no dice.  Wonder if it could be the difference between coat maybe going through a few more dry clean cycles than the pants or vice versa?  Pants and coat are always made of the exact same material, no exceptions, correct?  Both were relatively expensive suits, I'm bummed.

post #10352 of 15358

The picture looks great.  One minor suggestion would be to crop out the left part so the jacket fills the entire thumbnail image in people's search results.

 

Good luck selling!

post #10353 of 15358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
 

oh, you mean ebay? i don't hear it, it's safe, fast, convenient? i want LV handbag. Do you buy on it?    iluxshop , do you know it? 

 

post #10354 of 15358
Got a message from someone else claiming to be a service member. I agreed to give him a nice discount on the item if he could snap a photo of his military ID that matched the shipping name, and he said that I was asking for way too much effort on his part. I'm giving it about a 1% chance he was actually in the military. From what my friends in the service have told me, they've never witnessed a service member actually ask for a discount that wasn't advertised. Most of them are far too humble.
post #10355 of 15358
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Got a message from someone else claiming to be a service member. I agreed to give him a nice discount on the item if he could snap a photo of his military ID that matched the shipping name, and he said that I was asking for way too much effort on his part. I'm giving it about a 1% chance he was actually in the military. From what my friends in the service have told me, they've never witnessed a service member actually ask for a discount that wasn't advertised. Most of them are far too humble.

I agree with this. It was some years ago when I was in the military, but nobody ever expected or requested special prices because of being in the service.
post #10356 of 15358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

I agree with this. It was some years ago when I was in the military, but nobody ever expected or requested special prices because of being in the service.

Either way thanks for your service. I'm more than happy to hook somebody up as long as they can prove their claim.
post #10357 of 15358

Guys, am I being paranoid, or does this sound vaguely threatening?

 

Quote:
Watch for the feedback, watch on the forums as well, watch all around your customer base to hear about how your shipping charges go with the items, 

 

Guy bought a tie. Cost about $10 to ship priority to his address. I don't think that's too far out of line, and more importantly, I'm not the one who decides how much it costs to ship the tie. eBay does. It's a weird, cryptic note.

 

How much is it costing others to ship ties priority around the country? I've got the weight entered as 1LB. I could put it in as 8OZ, but I'm pretty sure that they round everything to the nearest whole pound anyway. If I'm wrong about that, let me know and I'll adjust, but I'm not making anything off the shipments.

post #10358 of 15358
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post
 

Guys, am I being paranoid, or does this sound vaguely threatening?

 

 

Guy bought a tie. Cost about $10 to ship priority to his address. I don't think that's too far out of line, and more importantly, I'm not the one who decides how much it costs to ship the tie. eBay does. It's a weird, cryptic note.

 

How much is it costing others to ship ties priority around the country? I've got the weight entered as 1LB. I could put it in as 8OZ, but I'm pretty sure that they round everything to the nearest whole pound anyway. If I'm wrong about that, let me know and I'll adjust, but I'm not making anything off the shipments.


$5 in a flat rate envelope?? $100 insurance if you are a power seller. Free tracking.

post #10359 of 15358
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post

Guys, am I being paranoid, or does this sound vaguely threatening?


Guy bought a tie. Cost about $10 to ship priority to his address. I don't think that's too far out of line, and more importantly, I'm not the one who decides how much it costs to ship the tie. eBay does. It's a weird, cryptic note.

How much is it costing others to ship ties priority around the country? I've got the weight entered as 1LB. I could put it in as 8OZ, but I'm pretty sure that they round everything to the nearest whole pound anyway. If I'm wrong about that, let me know and I'll adjust, but I'm not making anything off the shipments.

In this case, I would send him a nicely written note telling him what the actual shipping cost is, and that you have no control over it.

Some buyers just won't get it, which is why I've started pricing the shipping into items (and offering a quicker shipping service as an option).
post #10360 of 15358

Anyone ever been nailed on customs fees from Australia to US? I ordered something from Australia (under $200) and am worried about getting hit with fees now.

post #10361 of 15358
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post
 

Guys, am I being paranoid, or does this sound vaguely threatening?

 

 

Guy bought a tie. Cost about $10 to ship priority to his address. I don't think that's too far out of line, and more importantly, I'm not the one who decides how much it costs to ship the tie. eBay does. It's a weird, cryptic note.

 

How much is it costing others to ship ties priority around the country? I've got the weight entered as 1LB. I could put it in as 8OZ, but I'm pretty sure that they round everything to the nearest whole pound anyway. If I'm wrong about that, let me know and I'll adjust, but I'm not making anything off the shipments.


Can't a tie fit in a small flat rate priority box? That's around $5.

post #10362 of 15358
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post
 

Guys, am I being paranoid, or does this sound vaguely threatening?

 

 

Guy bought a tie. Cost about $10 to ship priority to his address. I don't think that's too far out of line, and more importantly, I'm not the one who decides how much it costs to ship the tie. eBay does. It's a weird, cryptic note.

 

How much is it costing others to ship ties priority around the country? I've got the weight entered as 1LB. I could put it in as 8OZ, but I'm pretty sure that they round everything to the nearest whole pound anyway. If I'm wrong about that, let me know and I'll adjust, but I'm not making anything off the shipments.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tben View Post
 


$5 in a flat rate envelope?? $100 insurance if you are a power seller. Free tracking.

 

Don't know what to make of the message, but $10 is pretty high.


Anything 13 oz or under I ship first class, which costs $2-3. If you still want to ship priority, there are several flat rate options that will be around $5 (padded flat rate envelope; legal envelope, maybe even the small flat rate box fits ties?)

post #10363 of 15358
I assumed the $10 is international...

Anything under a pound should be, what, $6 + change anywhere within the US?
post #10364 of 15358
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL3212 View Post
 

 

 

 

Don't know what to make of the message, but $10 is pretty high.


Anything 13 oz or under I ship first class, which costs $2-3. If you still want to ship priority, there are several flat rate options that will be around $5 (padded flat rate envelope; legal envelope, maybe even the small flat rate box fits ties?)

So, I don't ship flat rate. Never have, and no one has ever complained. I ship straight priority, which is a fair option that eBay offers.

 

Perhaps I'll explore flat rate as an option, but my real question here is what does this email sound like to you all?

post #10365 of 15358

I would honestly not pay 10 dollars for shipping on a tie. Flat Rate like people mentioned is only 5 dollars. USPS First Class is a couple bucks.

 

Also yes, it does sound like a threat.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions