or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 70

post #1036 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post

I agree with what you're saying, except the size in the title. A view from someone that is completely the wrong size is as good as no view.

I disagree - its a gateway to view all your items, and make a purchase from something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

I thought you used RARE/CLASSIC/ESSENTIAL etc. as filler. Do you find that buyers actually take these keywords seriously?

Haha, my adjectives are ridiculous sometimes. Its part filler, part hype, but important nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

What do you call this fabric? Diagonal pencil stripe? puzzled.gif

Twill.
post #1037 of 18256
I just sold this suit and now the guy claims it's a fake. His tailor told him so. I informed him in a nice way that he needs a new tailor. What should I do?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230869485206?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

Some details of the suit (Click to show)





post #1038 of 18256
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_machine View Post

I just sold this suit and now the guy claims it's a fake. His tailor told him so. I informed him in a nice way that he needs a new tailor. What should I do?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230869485206?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649 Some details of the suit (Click to show)






Nice looking suit and the buyer may just be looking for a way out of the sale. I don't know what the big leaguers will say, but I'd just say offer him a refund and have him pay the return shipping. If he can agree to cancel the transaction and therefore get your fees back (it's possible after the buyer receives the item, right?), you'll be out nothing but your time. It's either that or he'll quite possibly win a PayPal dispute and they'll ask him to return and bill you for shipping.
post #1039 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post

It's either that or he'll quite possibly win a PayPal dispute and they'll ask him to return and bill you for shipping.

Or he'll win a dispute and be instructed to "destroy" the suit because it's "fake."
post #1040 of 18256
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Or he'll win a dispute and be instructed to "destroy" the suit because it's "fake."

You have to love the "buyer protection; eff you, seller" policy at PayPal.
post #1041 of 18256

I wouldn't even risk him opening a case because he doesn't want to pay the shipping, I would pay the shipping too. You will likely sell it for more the second time around. 

post #1042 of 18256
Thread Starter 
^^ Probably better advice than mine.
post #1043 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

I wouldn't even risk him opening a case because he doesn't want to pay the shipping, I would pay the shipping too. You will likely sell it for more the second time around. 

At what point do you not except a return. This is my second return this week. the other were shoes that were a little smaller than the guy expected, even though I gave the correct size information.
post #1044 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_machine View Post


At what point do you not except a return. This is my second return this week. the other were shoes that were a little smaller than the guy expected, even though I gave the correct size information.

Ebay will allow a return for any instance (whether you accept returns or not) so you might as well save yourself a item not as described case and just take the return. It will get better, don;t be discouraged.

post #1045 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_machine View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

I wouldn't even risk him opening a case because he doesn't want to pay the shipping, I would pay the shipping too. You will likely sell it for more the second time around. 

At what point do you not except a return. This is my second return this week. the other were shoes that were a little smaller than the guy expected, even though I gave the correct size information.

Basically you have to accept all returns if you expect to keep decent feedback. Try to get them to pay return shipping if you are in the right and they don't make too big a deal about it.

post #1046 of 18256
Thanks you guys. You're absolutely right about the negative feedback. I sent him a message and showed him how I know its authentic so I'll see how he responds. If he still denies it, its probably buyers remorse and to save face I'll have to return it. Ebay feedback needs to be revamped. deadhorse-a.gif
post #1047 of 18256

lol8[1].gif Yeah, it's a fake with hand-made buttonholes. That seems likely.

post #1048 of 18256
It's really a Kiton, the bastards.
post #1049 of 18256
Brian, and why do you say the other pics are better to sell? I also, the not offended, and I need to up my photo game badly! I
post #1050 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post

I know it was mentioned awhile ago, but I wanted to make a comment in regard to listing sizes in auction titles. I've found that my auction listings that DON'T have a size in the title have gotten far more views and watchers than those with the size. I'm assuming it's because everyone hopes that it is their size and are willing to click to find out. I still list the size in the drop down menu, so it can be filtered, but I'm happy if more eyes are viewing the auction as it gets people to reconsider it.
It's probably obvious to everyone, but I thought I'd also mention this: many people filter by price and the price points can make a huge difference in who sees your auction. I recently listed a pair of shoes several times in a row starting at €75. They didn't sell and when they finally hit an opening bid of €49,99, they got a lot of immediate attention. They ended up selling at my first opening bid.
I don't have a lot of hard numbers to back things up like some of you guys that deal in volume, but it's becoming worthwhile for me to list something at €49.99 rather than €59.99 if it sells quicker and gets more attention.

 

+1

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

I wouldn't even risk him opening a case because he doesn't want to pay the shipping, I would pay the shipping too. You will likely sell it for more the second time around. 

 

That is some solid/sound advices!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions