or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012 - Page 58

post #856 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post

The new "resort season" stuff is awful, most of it. I hate this in-between season.

Its so damn pretentious that they call it that.
post #857 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Its so damn pretentious that they call it that.

Agree. Here's this: The resort thing and why it's pretentious and snobby sounding
post #858 of 1020
Very interesting. Thanks Robert.
post #859 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Don't recall. I'll check tomorrow during lunch break. This J. Crew is pretty small and the sales section was only 2 racks.

That'd be great - thank you
post #860 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

That's a "computer error" in their discount codes that seems to pop up every year. They "quickly" fix that to exclude Aldens though.

didnt the holiday 30% off apply to all partner items?
i know that instore, SAs were quick to inform customers that it did.
post #861 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez nuts View Post

didnt the holiday 30% off apply to all partner items?
i know that instore, SAs were quick to inform customers that it did.

My impression is that they did push 3rd party collabs this year to a greater degree, but Alden was a "mistake" that was fixed.
post #862 of 1020
I’ve found that the %off partner items is very subjective, depending on the store and SA. I had one SA this year refuse to give the 30% off Thomas Mason shirts. I argued that the 30% off worked on-line. He flat out said no. I argued that the shirt is made by J Crew but with TM fabric, and he flat out said no.

The shirt popped up on line in my size 3 days later and the 30% off worked. Go figure.
post #863 of 1020
Agree ^^ All really depends on the mood of the SA.

Having worked as one for many years during undergrad, I was often more than willing to stack discounts for people unless managers were cracking down or the customer was being belligerent, etc. Keep the customer happy is rule #1
post #864 of 1020
40 percent off final sale at the brick and mortar near me.
post #865 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post

It's ambitious.

I forgot to add:

a pair of Sperry canvsas shoes (like Vans) in navy
a leather key case
a small leather credit card holder

As for me, I'm on the lookout for the following:

Penfield Kasson in cobalt blue
Baracuta G9 slim fit in natural
Linen sportcoat in herringbone
Bass Weejuns
LL Bean boots
post #866 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

I did today. The on sale stuff was already ~50% off. Then they have the 30% off no return on top. I used my 15% student discount afterwards. Surprisingly, there were items in sizes not XL.

2 lambswool sweaters and 2 shirts for about $120 taxed. Started early with the Xmas shopping for '13.

wj4, what shirt is that red plaid? Is it online?
post #867 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxu426 View Post

As for me, I'm on the lookout for the following:

Penfield Kasson in cobalt blue
Baracuta G9 slim fit in natuLinen sportcoat in herringbone
Bass Weejuns
ejuns
LL Bean boots

Have to admit, those are the second page of my want list. I'd really like some Bass weejuns. I also want some Bass dark two-tone (saddle) shoes in suede.
post #868 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

I did today. The on sale stuff was already ~50% off. Then they have the 30% off no return on top. I used my 15% student discount afterwards. Surprisingly, there were items in sizes not XL.

2 lambswool sweaters and 2 shirts for about $120 taxed. Started early with the Xmas shopping for '13.

Very lusty pic!

I like how you roll your chinos. I do the same for my 34 inseams. (My 32s are no break, so no roll.) I assume these are J. Crew urban slim?

I also dig the black wingtips with them. I wear my brown wingtips with mine. Currently seeking some decent black ones.
post #869 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post

Very lusty pic!

I like how you roll your chinos. I do the same for my 34 inseams. (My 32s are no break, so no roll.) I assume these are J. Crew urban slim?

I also dig the black wingtips with them. I wear my brown wingtips with mine. Currently seeking some decent black ones.

No, they're Epaulet Rivet Chinos in Duck Carmel. I don't think the wingtip boots are straight black either but could be wrong on that...
post #870 of 1020
Edit: double post
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012