or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012 - Page 57

post #841 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadykay sf View Post

In-store clearance at Short Hills Mall, NJ was wonderful. 4 racks full of men's sale items.

 

Going to check out the Rockefeller location this week to see the sale.

 

15% Student Discount stacks on top of the 30% off as well.

I'm not sure if you're going to be able to slap the 15% student onto a sale already.

post #842 of 1020
When does J Crew typically do their next big sale? I missed out on the black friday sale.
post #843 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazytiki View Post

When does J Crew typically do their next big sale? I missed out on the black friday sale.

They've been doing the same thing almost every weekend since.
post #844 of 1020
Oh I was told their collaboration with Alden went 30% off for blackfriday
post #845 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazytiki View Post

Oh I was told their collaboration with Alden went 30% off for blackfriday

That's a "computer error" in their discount codes that seems to pop up every year. They "quickly" fix that to exclude Aldens though.
post #846 of 1020
Decent pick-up today: the cotton shawl-collar cardigan (the "heather barley" color) for $59 after the 30-percent off final sale. The in-store sale price is $10 less than the online sale price, and they had a range of sizes. This had been on my want list but I thought the $100 asking price was a little much.

I didn't see anything else of note in the sale section.
post #847 of 1020
I was inspired by how the store manager was wearing his slim-fit chnos. The problem I've had with wearing the inseam a little shorter now (no break) is that they tend look too flared before hitting the ankle. I noticed that he irons a slight crease (front/back), maybe going up halfway to the knee, that gives them a more weighted and tapered look. Gotta try this.
post #848 of 1020
My 2013 J. Crew want list (or will accept affordable substitutes of similar quality from other manufacturers):

Dark navy suit
Glen plaid suit
Grey tweed sport coat
Light summer sport coat
More dress shirts (like the Ludlow, with subtle stripes and patterns)
More dress trousers (some grey, some other variety, too, like a glen plaid or blackwatch)
A tux (!)
Decent neckties
A dark brown lightweight v-neck sweater
A slim winter topcoat
Maybe a madras shirt or two
Some decent plain-toe or wing-tip dress shoes
A couple of decent dress belts


I don't think that's asking for too much.
post #849 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kv18schn View Post

I'm not sure if you're going to be able to slap the 15% student onto a sale already.

You can, did it 3x already. The reason you can do this is because the 30% off is not a coupon code, it is an automatic markdown on clearance items.

 

The kicker is that all clearance is final sale.

post #850 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post

My 2013 J. Crew want list (or will accept affordable substitutes of similar quality from other manufacturers):
Dark navy suit
Glen plaid suit
Grey tweed sport coat
Light summer sport coat
More dress shirts (like the Ludlow, with subtle stripes and patterns)
More dress trousers (some grey, some other variety, too, like a glen plaid or blackwatch)
A tux (!)
Decent neckties
A dark brown lightweight v-neck sweater
A slim winter topcoat
Maybe a madras shirt or two
Some decent plain-toe or wing-tip dress shoes
A couple of decent dress belts
I don't think that's asking for too much.

That's quite a list you got there.

post #851 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kv18schn View Post

I'm not sure if you're going to be able to slap the 15% student onto a sale already.
I did today. The on sale stuff was already ~50% off. Then they have the 30% off no return on top. I used my 15% student discount afterwards. Surprisingly, there were items in sizes not XL.

2 lambswool sweaters and 2 shirts for about $120 taxed. Started early with the Xmas shopping for '13.
post #852 of 1020
Awesome snag on that turquoise fair isle, wj4. Have been looking for that in a store all season. Possible proxy if they have any M or L left?
post #853 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Awesome snag on that turquoise fair isle, wj4. Have been looking for that in a store all season. Possible proxy if they have any M or L left?
Don't recall. I'll check tomorrow during lunch break. This J. Crew is pretty small and the sales section was only 2 racks.
post #854 of 1020
The new "resort season" stuff is awful, most of it. I hate this in-between season.
post #855 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxu426 View Post

That's quite a list you got there.

It's ambitious.

I forgot to add:

a pair of Sperry canvsas shoes (like Vans) in navy
a leather key case
a small leather credit card holder
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012