or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012 - Page 51

post #751 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnetical View Post

whats up guys? Does anyone have the tonal oxford shirts? Any opinions on it? Thinking about grabbing the blue one
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/theliquorstore/shirts/PRDOVR~93060/99102848670/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~20+16~90~~~~~~~/93060.jsp
Also, thinking about grabbing the wallace and barnes vintage pindot shirt
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation/Sale/AllProducts/PRDOVR~12020/99102802915/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~0~90~all~mode+matchallany~~~~~wallace%20and%20barnes/12020.jsp
any have this? worth it at that pricepoint?

Tonal oxfords are dope, I have the green. I want the blue one bad but they are out in my size. They say regular fit but they are pretty slim compared to other JCrew shirts, IMO
post #752 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxu426 View Post

Copped the Mayfair topcoat in wool-cashmere with Thinsulate in saddle this morning for $187.49. We'll see whether that ships.

 

On the other hand, missed out on the wool herringbone sportcoat in brown (I'd been eyeing this one for a long time) because the price was reduced not in the sale section, but where all the other sportcoats are listed. Could have copped it for $172.50. Probably better for my wallet this way.

 

Why wouldn't they ship it?

post #753 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by thonez View Post

Tonal oxfords are dope, I have the green. I want the blue one bad but they are out in my size. They say regular fit but they are pretty slim compared to other JCrew shirts, IMO

Agree, I have the regular blue and the white OCBDs, and they have a much more generous fit than than the tonal dark blue OCBD I have. Both are good. In fact, I think the tonals might seem "off" somehow if they were as big as the regular OCBDs, maybe because the tonal color makes them look a little more modern and therefore a slimmer fit is more appropriate.
post #754 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxu426 View Post

Copped the Mayfair topcoat in wool-cashmere with Thinsulate in saddle this morning for $187.49. We'll see whether that ships.

I actually saw a Mayfair topcoat that supposedly was only worn once being sold on ebay for about $50, the other day. Bidding started very low, I think. I missed out on it, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnetical View Post

whats up guys? Does anyone have the tonal oxford shirts? Any opinions on it? Thinking about grabbing the blue one
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/theliquorstore/shirts/PRDOVR~93060/99102848670/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~20+16~90~~~~~~~/93060.jsp
Also, thinking about grabbing the wallace and barnes vintage pindot shirt
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation/Sale/AllProducts/PRDOVR~12020/99102802915/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~0~90~all~mode+matchallany~~~~~wallace%20and%20barnes/12020.jsp
any have this? worth it at that pricepoint?

I just bought the blue tonal shirt in a medium, and it fits pretty well. Certainly not as long in the sleeves, or narrow in the waist as some of Club Monaco's shirts. It's a tad long in the body, but other than that, no complaints.
post #755 of 1020
thanks guys. So no one has the wallace pin dot shirt?
post #756 of 1020
the Thomas Mason royal oxford shirts are damn nice for $75 with the final sale. the blue is gorgeous.
post #757 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnetical View Post

thanks guys. So no one has the wallace pin dot shirt?
If you're talking about the "vintage workwear shirt in dot" that you posted, I have it. I really like it - fits well, and has a interesting (but slightly subtle) design. I bought it at retail, so it's a great deal if you can snag it at $119 on the website + holiday discount (like the 30% off everything that comes and goes every few days).
post #758 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintranslation View Post

If you're talking about the "vintage workwear shirt in dot" that you posted, I have it. I really like it - fits well, and has a interesting (but slightly subtle) design. I bought it at retail, so it's a great deal if you can snag it at $119 on the website + holiday discount (like the 30% off everything that comes and goes every few days).

Is it worth $119, though? I find it hard to justify spending a lot on shirts, especially when there are so many choices out there.
post #759 of 1020
Do you guys know if the sales are generally better right after Christmas? They are offering 30 percent off in-store right now, but I'm not sure if I should wait until the 26th to go grab some stuff.
post #760 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastyle View Post

Do you guys know if the sales are generally better right after Christmas? They are offering 30 percent off in-store right now, but I'm not sure if I should wait until the 26th to go grab some stuff.

I think 30% off is as good as it gets, I'm not sure I've seen 40% off in stores or online

post #761 of 1020
Does anyone here have both the Harris tweed jacket and the Abraham Moon tweed jacket as well? Had a chance to feel both at the J.Crew store briefly, but didn't get a real chance of evaluating the two.

Curious to see what others think.
post #762 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by myk7000 View Post

Does anyone here have both the Harris tweed jacket and the Abraham Moon tweed jacket as well? Had a chance to feel both at the J.Crew store briefly, but didn't get a real chance of evaluating the two.
Curious to see what others think.

I had last season's Ludlow Tweed, and the cut was different than the standard ludlow fit. Had more structured shoulders etc. Not sure how this season's Harris Tweed jackets are like.

In terms of material, there's just no comparison. Harris tweed is much heavier, thicker, tougher IMO compared to the Abraham Moon Tweed.
post #763 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather View Post

I think 30% off is as good as it gets, I'm not sure I've seen 40% off in stores or online

they had 40% off earlier this year, online.
post #764 of 1020
Regarding the university coat that they are having a final sale on. I figured I'd share the specific measurements given to me by a rep. The slim large has a 49" chest and a 48" waist. The slim medium has a 46" chest and a 45" waist. Basically the thing is enormous. It seems that one should size down if he feels like getting one.

Also while we are on the topic of wool coats, is it possible for tailors to take in the waist without taking in the chest just beneath the armpit?
post #765 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by myk7000 View Post

Does anyone here have both the Harris tweed jacket and the Abraham Moon tweed jacket as well? Had a chance to feel both at the J.Crew store briefly, but didn't get a real chance of evaluating the two.
Curious to see what others think.

I've tried both, I own only the Abraham Moon. The Moon is a softer tweed. I prefer it, maybe because it stands out a little from the usual tweed, maybe because it feels a little more luxurious. The fit is nice without being overly slim; it's basically the Ludlow fit. My sleeves feel just slightly long, as I like to show a little more shirt cuff than is customary, so I might get that altered eventually. But other than that, I think it's a great jacket.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012