or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012 - Page 50

post #736 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

FWIW, I'm an XL in WvG, BoO, etc, with more broad shoulders and longer arms. I do a M at JCrew just fine. They're pretty long for what they're supposed to be tagged.
Thanks for the info, I've been eyeing up a couple of these shirts and a few pairs of chinos. Gonna go ahead and pull the trigger biggrin.gif.
post #737 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hof View Post

Thanks for the info, I've been eyeing up a couple of these shirts and a few pairs of chinos. Gonna go ahead and pull the trigger biggrin.gif.

Chinos are rather vanity sized too - you'll probably end up sizing down one unless you've got squatter's thighs.
post #738 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstyle View Post


Get the bayswater peacoat. I have it and I love it. It's sturdy and warm, definitely spring for the thinsulate version. I'm 5'8" and I have an XS.

Wich version do you have? Thinsulate is better for winter, right?

post #739 of 1020
I have the thinsulate version and yeah it's much better for winter. I never tried the non thinsulate version because my local store only had the version with thinsulate which I was going to get anyway.
post #740 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

FWIW, I'm an XL in WvG, BoO, etc, with more broad shoulders and longer arms. I do a M at JCrew just fine. They're pretty long for what they're supposed to be tagged.

Yes, for me, I would say an M at J Crew fits more like an L from the other usual places.
post #741 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstyle View Post

I have the thinsulate version and yeah it's much better for winter. I never tried the non thinsulate version because my local store only had the version with thinsulate which I was going to get anyway.

I need it for the winter so i think i'm going with the thinsulate version.

What's the difference between tall thinsulate and thinsulate?

post #742 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post

What are you guys' thoughts on J. Crew's cashmere sweaters? They feel pretty thin, but very soft. Some of them are going for $99.99 + 30% off at my local store, and I'm debating whether or not to pick up a few at that price.

Bump on this. :)

post #743 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post

What are you guys' thoughts on J. Crew's cashmere sweaters? They feel pretty thin, but very soft. Some of them are going for $99.99 + 30% off at my local store, and I'm debating whether or not to pick up a few at that price.

every one i've had has pilled up like crazy in less than a few months. i'll never buy another, at any price. I have cashmere sweaters bought at marshalls from 6 years ago that have aged much better
post #744 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

Anybody have any experience with this season's oxford shirts?  The plaid ones I have all are consistent in terms of sizing, the solid colored one I got is slimmer.  Anybody else notice this?

I got the slim stonewashed oxford in white and the slim vintage oxford in blue from this season. I have a few other slim stonewashed oxfords from spring in pastel colors (mint green, yellow, pink), and the fit of the white oxford is consistent with these. The blue, I noticed, is a bit more fitted through the arms and the chest area. Their slim end-on-end shirts and their slim striped shirts share this fit as well. Ginghams and multi-check shirts (all slim) are cut a tad more generously all around. All from this season. Don't know why the fits are different, though I can't complain.

post #745 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post


every one i've had has pilled up like crazy in less than a few months. i'll never buy another, at any price. I have cashmere sweaters bought at marshalls from 6 years ago that have aged much better

Thanks for your thoughts! Will reconsider purchasing them, even though they're being sold at a much more reasonable price.

post #746 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post

Bump on this. smile.gif

Yeah, I'd agree - I touched a few of these today when going back for a price adjustment on other things. Felt pretty flimsy - and not just soft, but really flimsy.
post #747 of 1020
anyone have a heathered oxford shirt? Hows the fit?
post #748 of 1020
Well looks like all they have left is a small in the buffalo check CPO shirt and its 25% off final sale, can't decide if I should kop it. I wear an XS in shirting.
post #749 of 1020
whats up guys? Does anyone have the tonal oxford shirts? Any opinions on it? Thinking about grabbing the blue one

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/theliquorstore/shirts/PRDOVR~93060/99102848670/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~20+16~90~~~~~~~/93060.jsp

Also, thinking about grabbing the wallace and barnes vintage pindot shirt

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation/Sale/AllProducts/PRDOVR~12020/99102802915/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~0~90~all~mode+matchallany~~~~~wallace%20and%20barnes/12020.jsp

any have this? worth it at that pricepoint?
post #750 of 1020

Copped the Mayfair topcoat in wool-cashmere with Thinsulate in saddle this morning for $187.49. We'll see whether that ships.

 

On the other hand, missed out on the wool herringbone sportcoat in brown (I'd been eyeing this one for a long time) because the price was reduced not in the sale section, but where all the other sportcoats are listed. Could have copped it for $172.50. Probably better for my wallet this way.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012