or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012 - Page 42

post #616 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guus View Post

Are MacAlister's really made in Italy. I know it says that but half the time I think JCrew is bullshitting when they claim these things along with their "Oldest Mills" tag line.

A lot like branding Americana and then making those garments, uh, not in the USA, I'm sure that if J Crew actually does source the material in Italy those boots are not made there. (As far as I know, Clarks are no longer made in England). 

post #617 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Grape View Post

A lot like branding Americana and then making those garments, uh, not in the USA, I'm sure that if J Crew actually does source the material in Italy those boots are not made there. (As far as I know, Clarks are no longer made in England). 

That makes sense because they are too cheap to be both made in Italy and sold by J.Crew.
post #618 of 1020

When talking about a garment and Italian mills it's the fabric that comes from there.  Then that fabric is used to make the garment in China or another country. 

post #619 of 1020

Is J. Crew using Loro Piana wool in the cashmere and wool sweaters with the description: "Italian cashmere in 12-gauge knit"?

post #620 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guus View Post

That makes sense because they are too cheap to be both made in Italy and sold by J.Crew.

The boots are marked made in Italy. If it was just Italian Suede assembled into boots in China they wouldn't be able to stamp the boots as such.
And I wouldn't call unlined suede boots with a crepe sole at $148 cheap. There's really nothing to them when you think about it.
post #621 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

When talking about a garment and Italian mills it's the fabric that comes from there.  Then that fabric is used to make the garment in China or another country. 
Doubt it. If so, they would name drop to gain more popularity for sure.
post #622 of 1020
Snagged 3 vintage polos, 2 button downs, and a shawl collar cotton sweater yesterday for $100.
post #623 of 1020
post #624 of 1020
post #625 of 1020
I have a feeling that the J.Crew at Fairview Mall is eventually going to become a ladies only store. Anytime I've gone in I was either the only person walking through, or there was only one other person browsing. Maybe shoppers who are unfamiliar with the brand don't realize there is a men's section in the back, but it's pretty much a ghost town whenever you go in. And it's like night and day when compared to the Eaton Centre location, which has the benefit of having a seperate men's entrance.
post #626 of 1020

The J. Crew at Millenia in Orlando is useless for men's stuff. Guys only get the very back of the store and a small shelf in the middle. They don't even carry the 484 chinos...

post #627 of 1020
Whats the word on the Donegal wool cable cardigan? Will they restock or is that done for the season?
post #628 of 1020
I'm a little late to the MacAlister's convo, but i've owned a oiled leather pair for 2-3 years now and have never had a quality problem. While I haven't sloshed through snow or rain the construction seems to be holding up and the leather with a initial rub of mink oil has developed a nice little patina.

My expectations in buying JCrew branded footwear is not quality so therefore I do not care about the origin. The only reason I initially bought them was because I found them on sale for $75.
post #629 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

Is J. Crew using Loro Piana wool in the cashmere and wool sweaters with the description: "Italian cashmere in 12-gauge knit"?

 

J.Crew's cashmere for sweaters is Loro Piana.  For pretty much anything else, it's called out what brand it is.

post #630 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

The boots are marked made in Italy. If it was just Italian Suede assembled into boots in China they wouldn't be able to stamp the boots as such.
And I wouldn't call unlined suede boots with a crepe sole at $148 cheap. There's really nothing to them when you think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewbone View Post

I'm a little late to the MacAlister's convo, but i've owned a oiled leather pair for 2-3 years now and have never had a quality problem. While I haven't sloshed through snow or rain the construction seems to be holding up and the leather with a initial rub of mink oil has developed a nice little patina.
My expectations in buying JCrew branded footwear is not quality so therefore I do not care about the origin. The only reason I initially bought them was because I found them on sale for $75.

+1 to these comments. Thin cheap suede on a gum sole doesn't cost much to make. Italians don't even make that nice of a shoe until you hit the higher end makers anyways. I have a pair that was $50 and I've very happy. Shown them no care and they are still in good shape after two years.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012