Related Forum Threads
- Update + Drops! Shirts: Borrelli, S. Piccolo, Vincenzo di Ruggiero, Muscariello... Last post on 2/18/15 at 10:35am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Shirts - Borrelli, Fray, Sartorio, Truzzi, VdR Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:52pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Linen BARBA & BORRELLI SHIRTS (PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING WORLDWIDE) Last post on 2/1/14 at 2:57pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- THE BEST RTW SHIRTS: Borrelli, Mattabisch, Barba, Sartoria Partenopea, Finamore, Vincenzo di... Last post on 2/1/14 at 3:53pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Borrelli Shirts on Vente-Privee for $98 eachpost #1 of 247/20/12 at 8:20amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 247/20/12 at 9:07ampost #3 of 247/20/12 at 9:14ampost #4 of 247/20/12 at 10:00ampost #5 of 247/20/12 at 11:03ampost #6 of 247/20/12 at 1:25pmpost #7 of 247/20/12 at 1:39pmpost #8 of 247/20/12 at 7:12pm
This is the first time I am buying Borrelli shirt. I had a question about the fit of the shirt. I have read that Borrelli are generally slim fit which is what I want but how does fit differ from classic to luxury vintage to jersey shirts? I bought luxury vintage and jersey shirt for now but interested in buying more.post #9 of 247/20/12 at 9:29pmWondering about fit also. Looking at the pictures, it looks like jersey is the slimmest (there is more tapering at the waist) but it's hard to tell. Ordered 1 in white in small, figure it's worth a testdrive.
These measurements were from a random ebay auction for a borelli small jersey shirt:
Across Back: 16"
Sleeve Length: 32.5"
Overall Length: 27.75"post #10 of 247/20/12 at 9:53pmThe shirts shown in Vente Privee have square bottoms and are very slim.
They look like some kind of a diffusion line, i.e. cheaper line. Here's a page
from Virtual Clotheshorse that shows classical Borelli and other brand shirts.
Several pictures from a blog in Finnish:
Not what they're peddling on Vente Privee.post #11 of 247/21/12 at 4:32pmpost #12 of 247/21/12 at 7:46pmExcluding the knit shirts, they appear to be Borrelli's boutique line. I.e. First rate, high-end. Albeit the descriptions of some shirts do not match the photos so it's hard to say for sure. Specifically, the white stripe motif displays photos for a solid white. I ordered a few––so time will tell whether they are as described or displayed.
Edited by Fine Lifestyle - 7/21/12 at 8:00pmpost #13 of 248/24/12 at 5:14pmThread StarterI got mine today and they are spectacular. Had I known they would be this good I would have gotten way more.
Lots of handwork, all chunk MOP buttons, beautifully wrapped and boxed, little booklets. They look like full mainline to me!
Fit is the same as other Borrelli I have. Slim arms, medium body, fitting an athletic shape wonderfully.
Go Vente-Privee! This was an incredible deal. I paid 98 each including shipping with my Amex card.post #14 of 2412/3/12 at 8:52am
- Borrelli Shirts on Vente-Privee for $98 each
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 15 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 21 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 29 seconds ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › TRUMAKER - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 8 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...