- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- SAINT LAURENT PARIS SALE MULTIPLE ITEMS Last post on Today at 9:10 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- WTB: Gitman Technolumberjack in Medium Last post on Yesterday at 7:51 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Borrelli Light Blue Shirt - Wardrobe Staple! 15.5/39 Last post on Yesterday at 9:02 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Robert Geller Shoulder Pleat Shirt, Black, Size 46 Last post on 5/3/15 at 5:27pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- MEDIUM: BB shirt Last post on 5/3/15 at 7:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
What tie would you pair with a burgundy striped shirt?post #1 of 127/20/12 at 3:44amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 127/20/12 at 5:39ampost #3 of 127/20/12 at 6:29am
I have one shirt with burguny stripes and find it very difficult to wear a suitable tie.
The shirt is question is below.
Solid navy, as suggested above, is a safe bet. But I still don't find it looks that great. I'd also stay away from diagonal university stripes on top of a striped shirt.
A medium/dark green (with some sort of navy/burgundy pattern/polka) is possible, but I can't find any pics at the moment.
Here are a few other ideas from Drake's:
Red is a possibility, but lokos bad more often than not. Perhaps something like this?
Also, straying from the solid navy, something navy with a red pattern/polka in it, such as:
Would be interested to hear if anyone has other ideas!post #4 of 127/20/12 at 9:19ampost #5 of 127/20/12 at 4:58pmI should say, it also really depends on the suit you'll be wearing. If you're doing a charcoal, then an olive/army green background with burgundy polka dots might work well. Or with a tan suit in the summer I might go navy with white polka dots. A navy suit is a bit tricky since a solid navy tie would be boring (and probably wouldn't match the suit exactly), so I might either go tieless and use a more noticeable shoe (like light cognac) or else perhaps even try a dark grey wool solid (though I've never done this and would have my reservations).
This option by Tyrwhitt is alright as well, and could be done with Navy, though I'd have to see it to know how I felt for sure:
http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shirts/men's-dress-shirts/Berry-bengal-slim-fit-dress-shirt?q=usddefault||FT195BER|||||482,||||||||post #6 of 127/20/12 at 7:25pmThread StarterThe suit I wear with it is navy. I think there was an illustration I liked in dressing the man but no jacket. Just shirt and tie.
I like this idea..
http://www.drakes-london.com/sale/8cm-ties/untipped-real-ancient-madder-8cm-silk-tie-2871post #7 of 127/21/12 at 2:37ampost #8 of 127/21/12 at 3:20ampost #9 of 127/21/12 at 3:21ampost #10 of 127/21/12 at 7:10am
If it was me, I'd go for a plain tie in plum or a light purple, maybe a knitted tie depending on the material of your suit and how it fits. Broad stipes would be good with complimentary colours. Tonight I am wearing an olive suit, with a green and white button down shirt, similar stripes to yours, a plain green knitted tie, slate colour shoes and belt.post #11 of 127/21/12 at 12:55pmpost #12 of 127/21/12 at 12:57pm
- What tie would you pair with a burgundy striped shirt?
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Best dressed man on TV 1 minute ago
- › Nick's Boots 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Cigars 5 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...