- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: Dries Van Noten - Curtiss Zipper Shirt -Size (50-52) Maybe 54? Last post on Yesterday at 8:47 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- WTB: Stephan Schneider Hidden Placket Shirts - Size 4-5 Last post on Yesterday at 7:36 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- WTB: Stephan Schneider Departure Shirt - Red - Size 5 Last post on Yesterday at 7:34 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- INDIVIDUAL SENTIMENTS LS TEE SIZE 3 (FITS NORMAL 48/M) Last post on Yesterday at 2:00 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW WITH TAG RRL DENIM WESTERN SPORT SHIRT RINSE WASH SIZE XSMALL Last post on Yesterday at 11:59 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
What tie would you pair with a burgundy striped shirt?
Styleforum Top Picks
I have one shirt with burguny stripes and find it very difficult to wear a suitable tie.
The shirt is question is below.
Solid navy, as suggested above, is a safe bet. But I still don't find it looks that great. I'd also stay away from diagonal university stripes on top of a striped shirt.
A medium/dark green (with some sort of navy/burgundy pattern/polka) is possible, but I can't find any pics at the moment.
Here are a few other ideas from Drake's:
Red is a possibility, but lokos bad more often than not. Perhaps something like this?
Also, straying from the solid navy, something navy with a red pattern/polka in it, such as:
Would be interested to hear if anyone has other ideas!
This option by Tyrwhitt is alright as well, and could be done with Navy, though I'd have to see it to know how I felt for sure:
I like this idea..
If it was me, I'd go for a plain tie in plum or a light purple, maybe a knitted tie depending on the material of your suit and how it fits. Broad stipes would be good with complimentary colours. Tonight I am wearing an olive suit, with a green and white button down shirt, similar stripes to yours, a plain green knitted tie, slate colour shoes and belt.
- What tie would you pair with a burgundy striped shirt?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 12 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 16 minutes ago
- › Up in the morning and I cleans my 17 minutes ago
- › Spectator Porn 19 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...