- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- RALPH LAUREN BUTTON DOWN SHIRT 17.5 Last post on Yesterday at 3:36 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Freewheelers docker shirt Last post on Yesterday at 12:09 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Brooks Brothers Shirts ESF/Milano 15.5/32, Small Own Make & Country CLub Last post on 10/24/16 at 11:48pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 11 NWT J CREW SHIRTS SZ SMALL Last post on 10/24/16 at 11:22pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Eidos Napoli Dress Shirts Spread Collar 15/38 Last post on 10/24/16 at 7:55pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
What tie would you pair with a burgundy striped shirt?post #1 of 127/20/12 at 3:44amThread Starterpost #2 of 127/20/12 at 5:39ampost #3 of 127/20/12 at 6:29am
I have one shirt with burguny stripes and find it very difficult to wear a suitable tie.
The shirt is question is below.
Solid navy, as suggested above, is a safe bet. But I still don't find it looks that great. I'd also stay away from diagonal university stripes on top of a striped shirt.
A medium/dark green (with some sort of navy/burgundy pattern/polka) is possible, but I can't find any pics at the moment.
Here are a few other ideas from Drake's:
Red is a possibility, but lokos bad more often than not. Perhaps something like this?
Also, straying from the solid navy, something navy with a red pattern/polka in it, such as:
Would be interested to hear if anyone has other ideas!post #4 of 127/20/12 at 9:19ampost #5 of 127/20/12 at 4:58pmI should say, it also really depends on the suit you'll be wearing. If you're doing a charcoal, then an olive/army green background with burgundy polka dots might work well. Or with a tan suit in the summer I might go navy with white polka dots. A navy suit is a bit tricky since a solid navy tie would be boring (and probably wouldn't match the suit exactly), so I might either go tieless and use a more noticeable shoe (like light cognac) or else perhaps even try a dark grey wool solid (though I've never done this and would have my reservations).
This option by Tyrwhitt is alright as well, and could be done with Navy, though I'd have to see it to know how I felt for sure:
http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shirts/men's-dress-shirts/Berry-bengal-slim-fit-dress-shirt?q=usddefault||FT195BER|||||482,||||||||post #6 of 127/20/12 at 7:25pmThread StarterThe suit I wear with it is navy. I think there was an illustration I liked in dressing the man but no jacket. Just shirt and tie.
I like this idea..
http://www.drakes-london.com/sale/8cm-ties/untipped-real-ancient-madder-8cm-silk-tie-2871post #7 of 127/21/12 at 2:37ampost #8 of 127/21/12 at 3:20ampost #9 of 127/21/12 at 3:21ampost #10 of 127/21/12 at 7:10am
If it was me, I'd go for a plain tie in plum or a light purple, maybe a knitted tie depending on the material of your suit and how it fits. Broad stipes would be good with complimentary colours. Tonight I am wearing an olive suit, with a green and white button down shirt, similar stripes to yours, a plain green knitted tie, slate colour shoes and belt.post #11 of 127/21/12 at 12:55pmpost #12 of 127/21/12 at 12:57pm
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Yuketen Chromexcel Maine Guide Chukka Size: M9E / 42 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Yuketen Chromexcel Maine Guide Chukka Size: M9E / 42 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 6 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers Natural Rough Out Dainite Trench Boot size:... 6 minutes ago
- › Suspension Point – Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...