- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Ann Demeulemeester white shirt XS ( = S/M ) Last post on Today at 12:03 pm in Marketplace
- COS navy cotton hidden placket shirt, 46 Last post on Yesterday at 2:42 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- BNWT RLPL Keaton Collar 14.5 Shirt - RARE! Last post on Yesterday at 6:59 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Uniqlo Oxford Slim Fit - Size XS (fits 36 chest) in White, Grey, Light Blue, Turquoise and Pink Last post on 12/18/13 at 2:03pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NWT Mastai Ferretti & Brooks Brothers shirts ***SZ 15 & 16*** Last post on 12/18/13 at 10:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
What tie would you pair with a burgundy striped shirt?
Styleforum Top Picks
I have one shirt with burguny stripes and find it very difficult to wear a suitable tie.
The shirt is question is below.
Solid navy, as suggested above, is a safe bet. But I still don't find it looks that great. I'd also stay away from diagonal university stripes on top of a striped shirt.
A medium/dark green (with some sort of navy/burgundy pattern/polka) is possible, but I can't find any pics at the moment.
Here are a few other ideas from Drake's:
Red is a possibility, but lokos bad more often than not. Perhaps something like this?
Also, straying from the solid navy, something navy with a red pattern/polka in it, such as:
Would be interested to hear if anyone has other ideas!
This option by Tyrwhitt is alright as well, and could be done with Navy, though I'd have to see it to know how I felt for sure:
I like this idea..
If it was me, I'd go for a plain tie in plum or a light purple, maybe a knitted tie depending on the material of your suit and how it fits. Broad stipes would be good with complimentary colours. Tonight I am wearing an olive suit, with a green and white button down shirt, similar stripes to yours, a plain green knitted tie, slate colour shoes and belt.
- What tie would you pair with a burgundy striped shirt?
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › Filson Waxed Tin Cruiser Jacket 42 Extra Long NWOT 16 minutes ago
- › Filson Mackinaw Cruiser Wool Jacket Forest Green 42 Extra Long NWOT 17 minutes ago
- › RRL Limited Edition Selvedge Buckleback Chino 21 minutes ago
- › PASSAGGIO CRAVATTE - Official Affiliate Thread 22 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 23 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 48 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw