Related Forum Threads
- BNWT Surface to Air Modern Cowboy Shirt Size S & M Last post on Today at 9:46 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- All Saints 'Roku' Black Denim shirt (XS) Last post on Today at 12:56 am in Marketplace
- Ralph Lauren Black Label Henley Shirt Sz S BNWT Last post on Yesterday at 9:27 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- New J. Press Blue Candy Stripe Button Down Shirt 15.5/32 FREE SHIPPING Last post on Yesterday at 4:50 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- TM Lewin Slim Fit shirts for sale Fantastic selection Last post on Yesterday at 3:14 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Edited on 5/31/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Edited on 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
What tie would you pair with a burgundy striped shirt?
I have one shirt with burguny stripes and find it very difficult to wear a suitable tie.
The shirt is question is below.
Solid navy, as suggested above, is a safe bet. But I still don't find it looks that great. I'd also stay away from diagonal university stripes on top of a striped shirt.
A medium/dark green (with some sort of navy/burgundy pattern/polka) is possible, but I can't find any pics at the moment.
Here are a few other ideas from Drake's:
Red is a possibility, but lokos bad more often than not. Perhaps something like this?
Also, straying from the solid navy, something navy with a red pattern/polka in it, such as:
Would be interested to hear if anyone has other ideas!
This option by Tyrwhitt is alright as well, and could be done with Navy, though I'd have to see it to know how I felt for sure:
I like this idea..
If it was me, I'd go for a plain tie in plum or a light purple, maybe a knitted tie depending on the material of your suit and how it fits. Broad stipes would be good with complimentary colours. Tonight I am wearing an olive suit, with a green and white button down shirt, similar stripes to yours, a plain green knitted tie, slate colour shoes and belt.
- › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part II 41 seconds ago
- › What color boat shoes? 1 minute ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Taupe or Grey Suits for summer wedding? 1 minute ago
- › The Architecture Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Can I wear a khaki, linen, 3 piece suit/tux to high school prom? 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexcel by Shavely Manden
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boot by blue suede shoes
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw