- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- RRL Linen/Cotton Check workshirt (gingham check) XL Last post on Today at 1:12 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NWT Kiton Shirt 16 / 41 Classic Color & Pattern, Beautiful Strong Collar Last post on Yesterday at 7:12 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Epaulet x New England Heavyweight Flannel Shirt - Small Last post on Yesterday at 8:33 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Ralph Lauren Purple Label Keaton Plain 15 1/2 / 39 Last post on Yesterday at 8:28 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Camiceria Piccolo shirts Last post on Today at 1:30 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
What tie would you pair with a burgundy striped shirt?post #1 of 127/20/12 at 3:44amThread Starterpost #2 of 127/20/12 at 5:39ampost #3 of 127/20/12 at 6:29am
I have one shirt with burguny stripes and find it very difficult to wear a suitable tie.
The shirt is question is below.
Solid navy, as suggested above, is a safe bet. But I still don't find it looks that great. I'd also stay away from diagonal university stripes on top of a striped shirt.
A medium/dark green (with some sort of navy/burgundy pattern/polka) is possible, but I can't find any pics at the moment.
Here are a few other ideas from Drake's:
Red is a possibility, but lokos bad more often than not. Perhaps something like this?
Also, straying from the solid navy, something navy with a red pattern/polka in it, such as:
Would be interested to hear if anyone has other ideas!post #4 of 127/20/12 at 9:19ampost #5 of 127/20/12 at 4:58pmI should say, it also really depends on the suit you'll be wearing. If you're doing a charcoal, then an olive/army green background with burgundy polka dots might work well. Or with a tan suit in the summer I might go navy with white polka dots. A navy suit is a bit tricky since a solid navy tie would be boring (and probably wouldn't match the suit exactly), so I might either go tieless and use a more noticeable shoe (like light cognac) or else perhaps even try a dark grey wool solid (though I've never done this and would have my reservations).
This option by Tyrwhitt is alright as well, and could be done with Navy, though I'd have to see it to know how I felt for sure:
http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shirts/men's-dress-shirts/Berry-bengal-slim-fit-dress-shirt?q=usddefault||FT195BER|||||482,||||||||post #6 of 127/20/12 at 7:25pmThread StarterThe suit I wear with it is navy. I think there was an illustration I liked in dressing the man but no jacket. Just shirt and tie.
I like this idea..
http://www.drakes-london.com/sale/8cm-ties/untipped-real-ancient-madder-8cm-silk-tie-2871post #7 of 127/21/12 at 2:37ampost #8 of 127/21/12 at 3:20ampost #9 of 127/21/12 at 3:21ampost #10 of 127/21/12 at 7:10am
If it was me, I'd go for a plain tie in plum or a light purple, maybe a knitted tie depending on the material of your suit and how it fits. Broad stipes would be good with complimentary colours. Tonight I am wearing an olive suit, with a green and white button down shirt, similar stripes to yours, a plain green knitted tie, slate colour shoes and belt.post #11 of 127/21/12 at 12:55pmpost #12 of 127/21/12 at 12:57pm
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Suede Shoe Lining..... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 3 minutes ago
- › What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want? 4 minutes ago
- › Orban's - Cheap, affordable European made Goodyear Welted shoes 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › new wallet at 200 or under 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway