- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Nudie "Gunnar" Plaid Shirt Size M Last post on Yesterday at 5:27 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- G. Inglese Denim Blue Cotton Pique LS Polo Shirt - Size 38 Last post on Yesterday at 5:19 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Brand New Gustin Chambray Shirt, Blue, Size Large Last post on 4/27/16 at 5:13pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 2 Brooks Brothers cotton button downs, M, made in USA Last post on 4/26/16 at 7:32pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Brooks Brothers linen shirt, short sleeve, S Madison Last post on 4/26/16 at 7:08pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
What tie would you pair with a burgundy striped shirt?post #1 of 127/20/12 at 3:44amThread Starterpost #2 of 127/20/12 at 5:39ampost #3 of 127/20/12 at 6:29am
I have one shirt with burguny stripes and find it very difficult to wear a suitable tie.
The shirt is question is below.
Solid navy, as suggested above, is a safe bet. But I still don't find it looks that great. I'd also stay away from diagonal university stripes on top of a striped shirt.
A medium/dark green (with some sort of navy/burgundy pattern/polka) is possible, but I can't find any pics at the moment.
Here are a few other ideas from Drake's:
Red is a possibility, but lokos bad more often than not. Perhaps something like this?
Also, straying from the solid navy, something navy with a red pattern/polka in it, such as:
Would be interested to hear if anyone has other ideas!post #4 of 127/20/12 at 9:19ampost #5 of 127/20/12 at 4:58pmI should say, it also really depends on the suit you'll be wearing. If you're doing a charcoal, then an olive/army green background with burgundy polka dots might work well. Or with a tan suit in the summer I might go navy with white polka dots. A navy suit is a bit tricky since a solid navy tie would be boring (and probably wouldn't match the suit exactly), so I might either go tieless and use a more noticeable shoe (like light cognac) or else perhaps even try a dark grey wool solid (though I've never done this and would have my reservations).
This option by Tyrwhitt is alright as well, and could be done with Navy, though I'd have to see it to know how I felt for sure:
http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shirts/men's-dress-shirts/Berry-bengal-slim-fit-dress-shirt?q=usddefault||FT195BER|||||482,||||||||post #6 of 127/20/12 at 7:25pmThread StarterThe suit I wear with it is navy. I think there was an illustration I liked in dressing the man but no jacket. Just shirt and tie.
I like this idea..
http://www.drakes-london.com/sale/8cm-ties/untipped-real-ancient-madder-8cm-silk-tie-2871post #7 of 127/21/12 at 2:37ampost #8 of 127/21/12 at 3:20ampost #9 of 127/21/12 at 3:21ampost #10 of 127/21/12 at 7:10am
If it was me, I'd go for a plain tie in plum or a light purple, maybe a knitted tie depending on the material of your suit and how it fits. Broad stipes would be good with complimentary colours. Tonight I am wearing an olive suit, with a green and white button down shirt, similar stripes to yours, a plain green knitted tie, slate colour shoes and belt.post #11 of 127/21/12 at 12:55pmpost #12 of 127/21/12 at 12:57pm
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire and Styleforum Leather jackets - Official thread 40 minutes ago
- › Authentic G. J. Cleverley Russian Reindeer Belt 56 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 57 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 57 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts