or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › LL Barleycorn tweed - how to make it up?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LL Barleycorn tweed - how to make it up?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 


I am thinking of making it up like this



Any other ideas?
post #2 of 17
What's the weight on it?

And, are you slim or not?
post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

What's the weight on it?
And, are you slim or not?

The cloth is 435 gm, so about 16 oz.

I am about your size.
post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 
Bump
post #5 of 17
I like the idea of the flapped patch hip pockets, but the gusseted version might be too awesome for me.

If I had that cloth, I would do flapped crescent hip pockets and a welt breast. There's a great photo of, I think, a Dege version on the Centipede site.

In either case, I would have an English tailor do it.
post #6 of 17
I recommend also a gusseted breast pocket for maximum cargo-coat style.
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

I like the idea of the flapped patch hip pockets, but the gusseted version might be too awesome for me.
If I had that cloth, I would do flapped crescent hip pockets and a welt breast. There's a great photo of, I think, a Dege version on the Centipede site.
In either case, I would have an English tailor do it.

Do you have a link for the centipede site? I only see the shoe section. I've never seen his coats.
post #8 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedYoga View Post

I recommend also a gusseted breast pocket for maximum cargo-coat style.

I already have one like that. I've never used that pocket.
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post

I already have one like that. I've never used that pocket.

Nice. But, then, where do you keep your loose change? confused.gif

Seriously though, that cloth looks interesting. Come to think of it, I actually don't think I've ever seen someone (outside of this forum, of course) wearing a barleycorn cloth. What made you decide to go with flapped, versus unflapped, patch pockets?
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post

Do you have a link for the centipede site? I only see the shoe section. I've never seen his coats.

Oh, dear...I'm confusing my Japanese bespoke addict sites. I meant cobblersweb, not centipede.

shog[1].gif

http://cobblersweb.style.coocan.jp/clothing/clothing-top.html

The one I'm thinking of is Fallan & Harvey, not Dege:

http://cobblersweb.style.coocan.jp/fh03/fh03-top.html
post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedYoga View Post

Seriously though, that cloth looks interesting. Come to think of it, I actually don't think I've ever seen someone (outside of this forum, of course) wearing a barleycorn cloth. What made you decide to go with flapped, versus unflapped, patch pockets?

The picture is a barleycorn jacket from RL. I had seen another barleycorn from RL Polo last year with an action back, throat latch, patch pockets and leather elbow patch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

I like the idea of the flapped patch hip pockets, but the gusseted version might be too awesome for me.
If I had that cloth, I would do flapped crescent hip pockets and a welt breast. There's a great photo of, I think, a Dege version on the Centipede site.
In either case, I would have an English tailor do it.

I see what you are talking about
moon_pocket.jpg

But I think crescent pockets seem risky to get right.

Rubinacci+1.JPG

Rubinacci+4.JPG

Another option is patch pockets like this.
dsc00780pm8.jpg

or bellows patch with a button
dsc00863gz5.jpg

dsc0396.jpg

dsc0397no.jpg
post #12 of 17
I'd get it made up similar to RL jacket. If not envelope then regular hip patch pockets.
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedYoga View Post

Seriously though, that cloth looks interesting. Come to think of it, I actually don't think I've ever seen someone (outside of this forum, of course) wearing a barleycorn cloth.

I have an Isaia dark brown barleycorn sports coat that I picked up from STP. One of my favorite finds. It might be considered a faux-barleycorn since it isn't tweed but rather a wool-cashmere mix.
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post


I see what you are talking about.
moon_pocket.jpg

But I think crescent pockets seem risky to get right.

Yep.
Edited by F. Corbera - 7/22/12 at 8:41am
post #15 of 17
Thread Starter 
The pockets on this Cifonelli is fantastic. I might just have to have them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › LL Barleycorn tweed - how to make it up?