or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ledbury - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ledbury - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 7

post #91 of 407

Ordered my first Ledbury (blue oxford slim fit) today. Looking forward to testing it out.

post #92 of 407
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent Green View Post

So after browsing their website for a few months, I finally took the $25 new customer coupon offer and ordered a Ledbury shirt.  I bought a 15 slimfit short run shirt, and paid an extra $10 to have the sleeves shortened.  My assessment: 

 

The good:  wonderful fabric, exquisite colors, excellent details (stitching, buttons, etc.); terrific customer service (communication, tailoring and shipping times)

 

The bad:  I wish the slim fit shirt didn't have the princess seams on the back.  That said, much better than my BB shirts with pleats.  Also, I believe they are going to fix this sometime in the future.

 

The verdict:  I see myself being a regular Ledbury customer from now on.  In fact, I just ordered another shirt a couple of hours ago.  The slim fit shirt works well for me, so I don't feel a need for MTM, and the fabrics and quality of Ledbury are on par with my Black Fleece shirts and much better than my Brooks Brothers shirts in the "luxury" line.  

 

Ledbury presents a nice shirting option for me at a price point I can live with (realizing as a small business they cannot offer the same sort of discounts as a behemoth like Brooks Brothers, I will not expect them to do so).  I like that Ledbury is a small company, I like the founders' backstory, and I feel good getting a great product from them while encouraging their business.  Here is an idea for them them to consider:  why not set up a loyalty program, membership program or something to foster a more "I'm part of something cool" ethos among customers?  If I open a Ledbury account in 2012 and they become a big company in 2020, I would love to be rewarded for being a loyal customer while they grew.

Hi there,

 

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your Ledbury shirts and really appreciate you taking the time to provide such great feedback.

 

In terms of fit, we are working on an alternative structure for our slim fit shirts to avoid the darting in the back. We want to ensure a comparable fit to our current product, and unfortunately, I do not have a definitive date for when this change will be completed and into production - but it is on our radar!

 

I'm very glad that you are pleased enough to continue buying Ledbury. As far as a customer loyalty program goes, we've got a structure for this in the works as well! We recently added a few members to our team with the intention of several customer fulfillment associates helping develop customer loyalty incentives and rewards. We appreciate the dedication of our loyal customers, and are looking forward to setting up a tiered rewards structure as further "thank you's" for being such great brand advocates. We should have these laid out in the next 2 months or so, and will of course send out an email announcement when we have this program a bit more developed.

 

Again, thanks so much for the feedback and support. If there's anything we can help you with in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team.

Ledbury is a luxury menswear brand founded on the core values of great fit and superb quality. 

Reply

Ledbury is a luxury menswear brand founded on the core values of great fit and superb quality. 

Reply
post #93 of 407
Hopefully, the loyalty program will be retroactive! smile.gif

Also, Ledbury's shirts are beginning to look the same...either gingham or box check. I currently have 7-8 Ledbury shirts and would love to buy more but refuse to buy another gingham or box check shirt. I need a little variety. nod[1].gif
post #94 of 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Hopefully, the loyalty program will be retroactive! smile.gif
Also, Ledbury's shirts are beginning to look the same...either gingham or box check. I currently have 7-8 Ledbury shirts and would love to buy more but refuse to buy another gingham or box check shirt. I need a little variety. nod[1].gif

Yeah and still no French cuffs! Ledbury have a great product that easily competes with English shirt makers (who all offer French cuff shirts as standard). I really hope they add at least some to their line up.

What keeps me scratching my head is that their core customer who enjoys a bold design and nice spread collar on a well-made shirt is not the same customer as the one who would even consider one of their point collar white or light blue FF shirts which should just be discontinued IMO. Why not add some cool FF shirts with a great spread collar???
Edited by EBugatti - 9/17/12 at 6:16pm
post #95 of 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBugatti View Post

Yeah and still no French cuffs! Ledbury have a great product that easily competes with English shirt makers (who all offer French cuff shirts as standard). I really hope they add at least some to their line up.
What keeps me scratching my head is that their core customer who enjoys a bold design and nice spread collar on a well-made shirt is not the same customer as the one who would even consider one of their point collar white or light blue FF shirts which should just be discontinued IMO. Why not add some cool FF shirts with a great spread collar???

I disagree...I wear their point collar dress shirts (white, blue, pink or stripe) whenever I have to wear a tie to work, about twice a week. I cannot get away with wearing Ledbury's cutaway or spread collar as a dress shirt since I have a more round/oval face shape. I wear the cutaway or spread collars with suit or sport coat and no tie or with jeans. In all honesty, I prefer Brooks Brothers Ainsley (semi-spread) collar to Ledbury's spread but for roughly the same price, the Ledbury shirt is better quality. And I like giving my money to the good guys!
post #96 of 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent Green View Post

So after browsing their website for a few months, I finally took the $25 new customer coupon offer and ordered a Ledbury shirt.  I bought a 15 slimfit short run shirt, and paid an extra $10 to have the sleeves shortened.  My assessment: 

The good:  wonderful fabric, exquisite colors, excellent details (stitching, buttons, etc.); terrific customer service (communication, tailoring and shipping times)

The bad:  I wish the slim fit shirt didn't have the princess seams on the back.  That said, much better than my BB shirts with pleats.  Also, I believe they are going to fix this sometime in the future.

The verdict:  I see myself being a regular Ledbury customer from now on.  In fact, I just ordered another shirt a couple of hours ago.  The slim fit shirt works well for me, so I don't feel a need for MTM, and the fabrics and quality of Ledbury are on par with my Black Fleece shirts and much better than my Brooks Brothers shirts in the "luxury" line.  

Ledbury presents a nice shirting option for me at a price point I can live with (realizing as a small business they cannot offer the same sort of discounts as a behemoth like Brooks Brothers, I will not expect them to do so).  I like that Ledbury is a small company, I like the founders' backstory, and I feel good getting a great product from them while encouraging their business.  Here is an idea for them them to consider:  why not set up a loyalty program, membership program or something to foster a more "I'm part of something cool" ethos among customers?  If I open a Ledbury account in 2012 and they become a big company in 2020, I would love to be rewarded for being a loyal customer while they grew.

Where did you get a 25$ new customer coupon? I would like to try one out as well but am I missing an obvious coupon code or something? Gracias.
post #97 of 407
try on at home service:

http://www.ledbury.com/home-try-on?utm_source=marketing_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=home_try_on_launch

We want to make shopping with Ledbury easy.
Online shopping is incredibly convenient. But to be sure style and shirt are perfect for you, nothing beats trying on the shirt. We started our Home Try-On package so you can do just that.
Here's how it works:

Red Stark Flat

Select three shirts from our online shop and add them to your cart. When checking out, enter the coupon code TRYMEON and watch your cart total reduce to $1. (Your credit card will show a charge of $1, but that will either be deducted from your final total or returned.)
Now, the fun part. When your package arrives, try on your shirts. We’re hoping you will love all three styles or will find your true size.
If you love the shirts, keep them. After five business days, we will charge your credit card for the shirts you keep.
Return unwanted shirts. Log in to your Ledbury account, initiate a return, and print a pre-paid return shipping label. Your package must be dropped off with FedEx by the end of five business days.

The Fine Print
Sorry, the Home Try-On is not available for tailored options. Returned shirts must be returned in re-sellable condition: unworn, unwashed, undamaged; our 365-day return policy does not apply until after you have purchased the shirts. Carts must be closed out using a credit card; your purchase cannot be processed with a debit card. Available in the contiguous 48 states.
post #98 of 407
still waiting for 15 x 34.5 size
post #99 of 407

Received my shirt today. Very, very happy with the fit and quality. Will be ordering more for sure. Its nice not having to bring a new shirt to tailor and have the sleeves shortened. In relation to a BB slim, its a tad slimmer, which I wanted. 

post #100 of 407
slim?

post #101 of 407
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Hopefully, the loyalty program will be retroactive! smile.gif
Also, Ledbury's shirts are beginning to look the same...either gingham or box check. I currently have 7-8 Ledbury shirts and would love to buy more but refuse to buy another gingham or box check shirt. I need a little variety. nod[1].gif

We've got plenty of new patterns coming up for the Fall! Get ready for much more variety in the inventory!

Ledbury is a luxury menswear brand founded on the core values of great fit and superb quality. 

Reply

Ledbury is a luxury menswear brand founded on the core values of great fit and superb quality. 

Reply
post #102 of 407
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DStew View Post


Where did you get a 25$ new customer coupon? I would like to try one out as well but am I missing an obvious coupon code or something? Gracias.

Hi there,

 

I'd be happy to help you with this if you'd like to shoot me an email at melissacalabro@ledbury.com.

 

Cheers!

Ledbury is a luxury menswear brand founded on the core values of great fit and superb quality. 

Reply

Ledbury is a luxury menswear brand founded on the core values of great fit and superb quality. 

Reply
post #103 of 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbury View Post

We've got plenty of new patterns coming up for the Fall! Get ready for much more variety in the inventory!

My credit card is ready! biggrin.gif
post #104 of 407

I got my try on shirts in the mail and they fit pretty well, but they all have this weird wrinkle where collar meets the shoulder.  It also wrinkles up the back sorta like when a jacket is too small.

 

are these shirts too small in the shoulders for me or is this just a feature of the slim fit ledbury shirts?

 

 

 

 

 

post #105 of 407
I've never seen that before.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ledbury - Official Affiliate Thread