I am the owner and designer here at Ledbury. While I don’t spend as much time on Style Forum as I would personally like, I have spent the last few days looking over your comments and suggestions and wanted to take the time to respond to several posts.
First off, I want to say thanks for contributing to the conversation. Although there is a healthy amount of criticism, these are exactly the types of things that we need to hear. In fact, they were the primary topic of our production meeting yesterday.
I thought I would comment on a few specific items:
1. Darts: We have removed darts from our slim fit shirts. All new slim fit styles (including a handful of shirts already out) come without darts. We received a lot of feedback early on requesting slim fit shirts with no darts, and we are excited about the change.
2. Cuffs: We have added some extra room to the circumference of our cuffs. We did a lot of research prior to making this change, including surveying many of our already-existing customers (in retrospect, we should have turned to SF as well), and the general consensus was that customers wanted a bit of extra room in the cuff. Since the change, a handful of customers have indicated that cuff circumference is running a little big in the larger neck sizes and we our making the necessary adjustments.
3. Sizing App – After realizing our sizing app was generating strange recommendations, we decided to explore other options to assist with fit and sizing. We are reworking the entire fit guide to include live chat, visual comparisons, etc. in hopes of making this process as easy as possible.
4. Inventory – Additional double cuff shirts and blazers are en route. For our initial blazer production, we kept our inventory low as we were still exploring fit and style options. There has been an overwhelmingly positive response and inventory should not be such an issue with future collections.
5. Ties - We are coming out with a few wider ties later this summer, but the majority of our ties fall in the middle-width range. In terms of quality, I think (like our shirts) our ties are unmatched at the price point. I just returned from our factory in Como and I am convinced they are one of the best in the world.
In the future, we would love to offer a MTM option, but in the meantime I wanted you to know that we are listening to your comments and are taking them into consideration in production. I sincerely believe that in terms of quality and construction, we are making one of the finest garments in the world, but we are always looking to improve and very much appreciate your feedback.