Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirt/tie color suggestion for new jacket Last post on 10/29/12 at 1:41pm in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Going to a wedding: Need help picking outfit! Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:35am in Classic Menswear
- What does "Cocktail Attire" mean? Last post on 3/22/13 at 4:47pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
On pattern coordination between jacket/shirt/tie....................... - Page 28
Styleforum Top Picks
I think I'm seeing gold and blue overchecks. Correct? Although the pattern and color are not to my taste, I think the tie could be salvaged in a less electric shade of yellow. The PS could be white linen; a large-patterned silk in a drier hand, perhaps in a dark green, navy, or burgundy; or some silk with dots in a non-vibrant color.
I agree that the tie is a little too bright, maybe could work if a darker gold. I think the tie possibly could work, though, if you used a medium-blue discreetly striped shirt with a burgundy PS, even one with some dots of navy or similar. Basically I'm aiming to rein in the popping tie by picking up the blue and red tones, and then subduing those and/or trying to eliminate the stark contrast against the shirt (which I think must be non-solid for the effect to achieved, unless you go for a textured effect with, say, a blue pinpoint oxford, which I still think would not be enough). Repeating medium blue in the PS would look silly, and we can't pick up yellow again obviously, so then red family is left. Again, though, don't want a starkly contrasting solid (except for maybe a classic white, or very light blue) for the PS.
thanks, but I'm leaning towards unbel's assessment
agree- shirt is business and yellow is tricky anyway. I'n struggling with what to put wit the plaid
It's actually 4 patterns...can't see the square that well, but it's this one:
- On pattern coordination between jacket/shirt/tie.......................
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Everyday Sneaker For The Average Joe? 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in EG 15 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 26 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 30 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...