Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 9:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:40 am in Classic Menswear
- shirt/tie color suggestion for new jacket Last post on 10/29/12 at 1:41pm in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 1/31/15 at 6:48pm in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
On pattern coordination between jacket/shirt/tie....................... - Page 28post #406 of 4348/21/12 at 10:50amYes blue and gold/darker yellow over checks. Although in the picture they are much more apparent than they are in real life. I think i need to stay away from combining patterns until I have a much better handle on what I'm doing. I like the white linen ps idea, maybe with a maroon tie of some sort.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #407 of 4348/21/12 at 7:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
I think I'm seeing gold and blue overchecks. Correct? Although the pattern and color are not to my taste, I think the tie could be salvaged in a less electric shade of yellow. The PS could be white linen; a large-patterned silk in a drier hand, perhaps in a dark green, navy, or burgundy; or some silk with dots in a non-vibrant color.
I agree that the tie is a little too bright, maybe could work if a darker gold. I think the tie possibly could work, though, if you used a medium-blue discreetly striped shirt with a burgundy PS, even one with some dots of navy or similar. Basically I'm aiming to rein in the popping tie by picking up the blue and red tones, and then subduing those and/or trying to eliminate the stark contrast against the shirt (which I think must be non-solid for the effect to achieved, unless you go for a textured effect with, say, a blue pinpoint oxford, which I still think would not be enough). Repeating medium blue in the PS would look silly, and we can't pick up yellow again obviously, so then red family is left. Again, though, don't want a starkly contrasting solid (except for maybe a classic white, or very light blue) for the PS.post #408 of 4348/22/12 at 2:54pmpost #409 of 4348/23/12 at 8:14ampost #410 of 4348/25/12 at 9:41pmpost #411 of 4348/26/12 at 11:43ampost #412 of 4349/12/12 at 6:13pmpost #413 of 4349/13/12 at 9:54ampost #414 of 4349/24/12 at 2:55pmpost #415 of 4349/25/12 at 2:20ampost #416 of 4349/25/12 at 2:44ampost #417 of 43410/4/12 at 3:17ampost #418 of 43410/4/12 at 5:31ampost #419 of 43410/10/12 at 6:36amQuote:
thanks, but I'm leaning towards unbel's assessmentQuote:
agree- shirt is business and yellow is tricky anyway. I'n struggling with what to put wit the plaidpost #420 of 43411/11/12 at 3:17pmTrying to get this going again...
It's actually 4 patterns...can't see the square that well, but it's this one:
- On pattern coordination between jacket/shirt/tie.......................
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Can I get some help deciding between these 3 pairs of shoes? 21 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 51 seconds ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran... 53 seconds ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 3 minutes ago
- › gjnfvgjfgjnfgvj 3 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...