Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- shirt/tie color suggestion for new jacket Last post on 10/29/12 at 1:41pm in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 2/7/16 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: Today
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
On pattern coordination between jacket/shirt/tie....................... - Page 24post #346 of 4347/24/12 at 2:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #347 of 4347/24/12 at 3:14pmpost #348 of 4347/24/12 at 7:50pmpost #349 of 4347/24/12 at 8:27pmpost #350 of 4347/24/12 at 10:22pmpost #351 of 4347/25/12 at 7:54amQuote:
Interestingly enough I recently picked up this 7-fold ancient madder:
Which I now more frequently wear with the ensemble above that Hendrix thinks is horrible. Hopefully he approves now lest I have to kill myselfpost #352 of 4347/25/12 at 8:04am
Do you? If so, could you share with the less enlightened members, such as me?Quote:
I was under the same impression.post #353 of 4347/25/12 at 8:08amClose Bris, I'd probably go with something brighter. That tone is more suitable to tweeds, IMO. I love the ancient madders though I'm sure they're universally hated on SF. I often wear light blue shirts with a contrast collar, paired with a bright navy pindot and charcoal chalk stripe, but I don't bother posting that look on here, where basically ifit's done in Naples it'll pass here, otherwise good luck.
If RLPL offers it I'll likely do a matching cashmere patterned shirt and tie paired with a tweed suit or sportcoat, but this forum will not see it.post #354 of 4347/25/12 at 8:27am
I am a big fan of pattern mixing, especially as of late. When i do, i try to follow a couple basic rules: a deeper toned tie v the color of the shirt, various subtle patterns, and somehow pull the colors together, usually through the secondary or tertiary colors in the outfit. for example, this photo. The light brown colors pull the outfit together. And as you can see, there is a slight edge of a pop color in the green pocket square. Effortless.post #355 of 4347/25/12 at 8:32amQuote:Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Close Bris, I'd probably go with something brighter. That tone is more suitable to tweeds, IMO. I love the ancient madders though I'm sure they're universally hated on SF. I often wear light blue shirts with a contrast collar, paired with a bright navy pindot and charcoal chalk stripe, but I don't bother posting that look on here, where basically ifit's done in Naples it'll pass here, otherwise good luck.
If RLPL offers it I'll likely do a matching cashmere patterned shirt and tie paired with a tweed suit or sportcoat, but this forum will not see it.
I feel you. This is why I stopped posting new pics. I will say, however, SF has been successful in changing the way some dudes dress. Not always for the better.post #356 of 4347/25/12 at 10:54ampost #357 of 4347/25/12 at 11:32amRJE and others -
I think the problem in this thread and in this forum in general is not too many fits posted, it is lack of pointed and direct criticism, and overabundance of general, vague criticism. There are lots of "wow you guys have no idea what the fuck you're doing posts" and not enough "that looks terrible" posts. I appreciate that you put up a very nice post with a lot of examples of what you thought looked good and didn't. But now when you're saying everybody sucks (except you presumably), it's hard to know what or who you're talking about. When I posted a few pages back, I put together something I thought was kind of adventurous and was hoping I get some feedback on it, but I just got a couple of thumbs and some nice feedback from edmorel. Posts that give more specific strategies, such as FC's practical combinations thread, are extremely useful, although they do start from the premise that many SF users need a lot of help. But I suggest that we try to get away from posts whose sole point is to state how generally poorly dressed everyone in this forum is. I don't think it's see useful and it's getting boring.post #358 of 4347/25/12 at 11:36ampost #359 of 4347/25/12 at 12:05pmpost #360 of 4347/25/12 at 12:13pm
- On pattern coordination between jacket/shirt/tie.......................
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 seconds ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 6 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 11 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 13 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 14 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...