Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- shirt/tie color suggestion for new jacket Last post on 10/29/12 at 1:41pm in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 1/31/15 at 6:48pm in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
On pattern coordination between jacket/shirt/tie....................... - Page 24post #346 of 4347/24/12 at 2:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #347 of 4347/24/12 at 3:14pmpost #348 of 4347/24/12 at 7:50pmpost #349 of 4347/24/12 at 8:27pmpost #350 of 4347/24/12 at 10:22pmpost #351 of 4347/25/12 at 7:54amQuote:
Interestingly enough I recently picked up this 7-fold ancient madder:
Which I now more frequently wear with the ensemble above that Hendrix thinks is horrible. Hopefully he approves now lest I have to kill myselfpost #352 of 4347/25/12 at 8:04am
Do you? If so, could you share with the less enlightened members, such as me?Quote:
I was under the same impression.post #353 of 4347/25/12 at 8:08amClose Bris, I'd probably go with something brighter. That tone is more suitable to tweeds, IMO. I love the ancient madders though I'm sure they're universally hated on SF. I often wear light blue shirts with a contrast collar, paired with a bright navy pindot and charcoal chalk stripe, but I don't bother posting that look on here, where basically ifit's done in Naples it'll pass here, otherwise good luck.
If RLPL offers it I'll likely do a matching cashmere patterned shirt and tie paired with a tweed suit or sportcoat, but this forum will not see it.post #354 of 4347/25/12 at 8:27am
I am a big fan of pattern mixing, especially as of late. When i do, i try to follow a couple basic rules: a deeper toned tie v the color of the shirt, various subtle patterns, and somehow pull the colors together, usually through the secondary or tertiary colors in the outfit. for example, this photo. The light brown colors pull the outfit together. And as you can see, there is a slight edge of a pop color in the green pocket square. Effortless.post #355 of 4347/25/12 at 8:32amQuote:Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Close Bris, I'd probably go with something brighter. That tone is more suitable to tweeds, IMO. I love the ancient madders though I'm sure they're universally hated on SF. I often wear light blue shirts with a contrast collar, paired with a bright navy pindot and charcoal chalk stripe, but I don't bother posting that look on here, where basically ifit's done in Naples it'll pass here, otherwise good luck.
If RLPL offers it I'll likely do a matching cashmere patterned shirt and tie paired with a tweed suit or sportcoat, but this forum will not see it.
I feel you. This is why I stopped posting new pics. I will say, however, SF has been successful in changing the way some dudes dress. Not always for the better.post #356 of 4347/25/12 at 10:54ampost #357 of 4347/25/12 at 11:32amRJE and others -
I think the problem in this thread and in this forum in general is not too many fits posted, it is lack of pointed and direct criticism, and overabundance of general, vague criticism. There are lots of "wow you guys have no idea what the fuck you're doing posts" and not enough "that looks terrible" posts. I appreciate that you put up a very nice post with a lot of examples of what you thought looked good and didn't. But now when you're saying everybody sucks (except you presumably), it's hard to know what or who you're talking about. When I posted a few pages back, I put together something I thought was kind of adventurous and was hoping I get some feedback on it, but I just got a couple of thumbs and some nice feedback from edmorel. Posts that give more specific strategies, such as FC's practical combinations thread, are extremely useful, although they do start from the premise that many SF users need a lot of help. But I suggest that we try to get away from posts whose sole point is to state how generally poorly dressed everyone in this forum is. I don't think it's see useful and it's getting boring.post #358 of 4347/25/12 at 11:36ampost #359 of 4347/25/12 at 12:05pmpost #360 of 4347/25/12 at 12:13pm
- On pattern coordination between jacket/shirt/tie.......................
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › What wallet do you use? 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › courier coat 13 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 20 minutes ago
- › trotsky jacket 22 minutes ago
- › pessoa jacket 27 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...