or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › On pattern coordination between jacket/shirt/tie.......................
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

On pattern coordination between jacket/shirt/tie....................... - Page 22

post #316 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

The stripes of the suit and shirt are not working well together for me in that one, and the pocket square is just out of nowhere. Like not in a contrasting, but complementing, the rest of the outfit kind of way, but in a you got shot with a paintball gun on the way to work kind of way.

The lion motif on the tie didn't count as a pattern so I stuffed that square in.
post #317 of 434
Also as just a personal thing, I don't like ties that are solid except for one insignia or whatever that's called either. As far as I know, they're not in poor taste, but for me it just feels too much like a logo/branding too often. Also from a distance it just looks like a bird shat on your tie.
post #318 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

The lion motif on the tie didn't count as a pattern so I stuffed that square in.

Well if you really wanted to post in this thread today and you had no other patterned pocket squares then I suppose this is a valid excuse.
post #319 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder View Post

If you wore a cape, you could do six.

Do my ribbed socks already count as six? I almost switched them out for pindot socks to be sure, but decided changing socks before leaving my house in the morning for the sake of increasing my pattern count was just too ridiculous.
post #320 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

I almost switched them out for pindot socks to be sure, but decided changing socks before leaving my house in the morning for the sake of increasing my pattern count was just too ridiculous.

Well, it's nice to know there are some limits.
post #321 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Also as just a personal thing, I don't like ties that are solid except for one insignia or whatever that's called either. As far as I know, they're not in poor taste, but for me it just feels too much like a logo/branding too often. Also from a distance it just looks like a bird shat on your tie.

Blame the ham sandwich I took the photo with for the poor quality but that tie was actually a gift from a forum affiliate, probably my only solid [Drake's] tie, so we agree there. Here's what my sammich couldn't capture:

post #322 of 434
I like that coat, NORE
post #323 of 434
Thread Starter 
NORE, get rid of all your contrast collar shirts. #realtalk
post #324 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

NORE, get rid of all your contrast collar shirts. #realtalk

but...then he would have no shirts....
post #325 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

What kills it for me is that the contrast collar is a solid an not also a pattern, say, zebra stripes, or maybe, tiger stripes.

Snark at its finest rotflmao.gif
post #326 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

I like that coat, NORE

Thanks, it's not mine or even me in that pic. It's Ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

NORE, get rid of all your contrast collar shirts. #realtalk

rotflmao.gif

Then I would have no shirts confused.gif

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

but...then he would have no shirts....
post #327 of 434
Boom

post #328 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

Blame the ham sandwich I took the photo with for the poor quality but that tie was actually a gift from a forum affiliate, probably my only solid [Drake's] tie, so we agree there. Here's what my sammich couldn't capture:

Lovely lapels, how many inches are those?
post #329 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by lychyrychy View Post

Lovely lapels, how many inches are those?

pen0r joke in 3...2...1...
post #330 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

Boom

Is the intention to hypnotize into inaction snipers who might be trying to shoot you in the tie?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › On pattern coordination between jacket/shirt/tie.......................