or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 171

post #2551 of 8659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

Spoo is seriously one of the most upstanding people I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with. He never complained about the annoying super young new guy on the thrift thread, and has even done semi frequent business with me. In business he has proven himself to be one of the hardest working flippers in the game. He never misses a pm, or does any less than his best to sell an item.
Gracious, stylish, dedicated, spoopoker is an ideal we should all aspire to

Wholeheartedly second this.

 

Add in international man of mystery...

 

And he woke up in a new Ferrari

post #2552 of 8659
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post

Wholeheartedly second this.

Add in international man of mystery...

And he woke up in a new Ferrari

LOL nice. Ace hooooooooood!
post #2553 of 8659
Spoo is the best. He's a stand-up guy with a great business.

I'm celebrating the anniversary this week by both consigning items and bidding on some other luxeswap listings. smile.gif

AHS
post #2554 of 8659
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHS View Post

Spoo is the best. He's a stand-up guy with a great business.

I'm celebrating the anniversary this week by both consigning items and bidding on some other luxeswap listings. smile.gif

AHS
I've bid on a bunch of his item but have never won one, I think this is the week to change that smile.gif
post #2555 of 8659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post


I've bid on a bunch of his item but have never won one, I think this is the week to change that smile.gif

I have a great knack of logging into ebay 5 minutes after all the auctions end. baldy[1].gif

post #2556 of 8659
Having won many of Spoo's auctions, I have to say that the key is either have an amount you're willing to pay and put that in early (usually +5 to 10% what I think it's worth) or I am in front of the computer when the auction ends. My two most expensive items (Ring Jacket DB and a PRL Corneliani cashmere SC) went bananas in the last two minutes. I probably paid too much for the Ring Jacket given I've only worn it once (nevertheless it's an absolutely keeper for life), but the last minute was crazy insane.
post #2557 of 8659
yeah, that experience is much better when the item for sale was yours, not when you want it to be yours.
post #2558 of 8659
Thread Starter 


AUCTIONS AWAY!


Almost 180 new auctions just published at $9.99 with no reserve! Tons of great collectibles including these, my top ten :

1. Trafalgar alligator wallet

2. Crockett & Jones for BBBF black nubuck wingtips

3. Brioni purple dotted tie

4. Dior Homme blue/black shoes

5. Hermes scarf

6. Versace “Tresor la Mer" crystal bowl by Rosenthal

7. Hermes fish print pocket square with box

8. Oliver Peoples OP-553 frames with detachable sunglasses

9. Stefano Ricci ocean blue tie

10. Trafalgar “Grande Prix" silk suspenders
post #2559 of 8659
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post



AUCTIONS AWAY!


Almost 180 new auctions just published at $9.99 with no reserve! Tons of great collectibles including these, my top ten :

1. Trafalgar alligator wallet

2. Crockett & Jones for BBBF black nubuck wingtips

3. Brioni purple dotted tie

4. Dior Homme blue/black shoes

5. Hermes scarf

6. Versace “Tresor la Mer" crystal bowl by Rosenthal

7. Hermes fish print pocket square with box

8. Oliver Peoples OP-553 frames with detachable sunglasses

9. Stefano Ricci ocean blue tie

10. Trafalgar “Grande Prix" silk suspenders
 

 

 

 

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

i just bested my personal LuxeSwap opening auction day watch list by a bazillion

post #2560 of 8659

Added that wallet to my watch list just so I can watch the battle unfold.

post #2561 of 8659
Hey Spoo, did you ever meet G. Versace?
post #2562 of 8659
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftw90240 View Post

Having won many of Spoo's auctions, I have to say that the key is either have an amount you're willing to pay and put that in early (usually +5 to 10% what I think it's worth) or I am in front of the computer when the auction ends. My two most expensive items (Ring Jacket DB and a PRL Corneliani cashmere SC) went bananas in the last two minutes. I probably paid too much for the Ring Jacket given I've only worn it once (nevertheless it's an absolutely keeper for life), but the last minute was crazy insane.
If you throw a super high # up, like 1G for an item, you might still not win. Best to block off some time on Sunday to make sure you get in strong.
post #2563 of 8659
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Hey Spoo, did you ever meet G. Versace?

Sadly, no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

If you throw a super high # up, like 1G for an item, you might still not win. Best to block off some time on Sunday to make sure you get in strong.

I support throwing up a G bid on anything, anytime.
post #2564 of 8659
post #2565 of 8659
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread