In college now
Mom's not cutting my hair anymore.
I go to the nearest barber at my college's student center. I know nothing about hairstyles or what to tell the barber.
19 years of straight bowl cuts. Now it is time for a change.
1. Where do I start?
2. What are your ideas based on what you see?
3. Who would be good to ask for advice on hair?
I guess a good place to start would be to compliment handsome Asian men on their hair, get into a conversation, and learn a bit more that way.
Me out of bed:
What I'm thinking so far:
- I want hair in front of my forehead. Gotta cherish that still.
- looking for something less stereotypical and edgier than a bowlcut but still work safe and professional
- I am not good at identifying face shapes. Am I square? round?
- I look at advice for people with round faces and read about using facial hair to make their face look slimmer. I conclude that most advice on facial hair is pretty useless to me as an oriental because I simply will never grow that kind of dense facial hair around the cheeks or jaw