- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Suggestions: Non Leather Bomber Jacket Options For Upcoming Months Last post on 9/24/15 at 7:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Duck Pointer Chore XS Last post on 8/31/15 at 8:09pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Please critique new velvet jacket! - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 217/7/12 at 8:02amThread Starter
I'm pretty happy with the cost. It cost 6900 HKD, USD 890. Fully canvassed, fully lined, and with Holland and Sherry Cotton/Modal velvet. I was shocked by the price because when I went around to other tailors (like the less well regarded Tai Pan Row), they quoted me USD 1900 for a jacket made of the Holland and Sherry material. Apparently Y William Yu is the distributor for HK and Shanghai, so is able to offer wholesale prices to his customers (though this price difference remains rather stark even in light of this). Needless to say, much more satisfied with this than the garbage Sam's made for me...post #18 of 217/7/12 at 8:02amOverall its nice, I would agree that the cut us about 3/4" short, but given that it is being worn in a casual way that don't matter all that much. Hacking pockets and a Ticket pocket get the OK from me, and I wouldn't mess with the sleeve pitch too much.
I wish I had the balls to pull of a bottle green velvet jacket somewhere other than the opera!post #19 of 217/7/12 at 8:17amQuote:Originally Posted by GWorthings
I'm pretty happy with the cost. It cost 6900 HKD, USD 890. Fully canvassed, fully lined, and with Holland and Sherry Cotton/Modal velvet. I was shocked by the price because when I went around to other tailors (like the less well regarded Tai Pan Row), they quoted me USD 1900 for a jacket made of the Holland and Sherry material. Apparently Y William Yu is the distributor for HK and Shanghai, so is able to offer wholesale prices to his customers (though this price difference remains rather stark even in light of this). Needless to say, much more satisfied with this than the garbage Sam's made for me...
Thanks for the info... I'll have to stop by when if I go visit HKpost #20 of 217/7/12 at 9:32am
- Please critique new velvet jacket!
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 20 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 23 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 29 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 40 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 41 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 43 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?