or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Can everybody give me an advise whether how I should do for this jacket?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can everybody give me an advise whether how I should do for this jacket?

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 

I am skinny, about 120-125 lbs. I am about 5'9-5'10, with dress shoes could be 5'11. Normally, 34R will fit me the best. I've tried 36S at Hugo Boss, and it fits me perfect, too. However, I had this jacket in 36R. The jacket is '08 Dior Homme from Kris Van Assche. The sleeves was marked & fold by the guy at tailor shop, and I think it is in a good length. The problem with this jacket is the length of it. The length, in my sight, seems to be too long. I don't know if I'm the only one that thought that, though. Please give me an opinion on what you think I should do for this jacket (in term of alteration).

 

Good thing about the jacket: The shoulder tend to perfectly fit me.

 

IMAG1793.jpg

]IMAG1795.jpg

IMAG1796.jpg

IMAG1802.jpg

IMAG1803.jpg

IMAG1804.jpg

 

And this is what I think it should look like.

 

IMAG1798.jpg

 

P.S. Please don't mind the trousers, and the room, it's not my room :D

 

Thank you very much, and I appreciate every comments.


Edited by wrongwroks - 7/4/12 at 11:09pm
post #2 of 23

You're not wrong, it seems way too long to me.

post #3 of 23
Not only is it too long it seems a size too big too.
post #4 of 23
Thread Starter 

I went to the Dior Boutique, and the S.A. there told that this jacket was meant to be a little longer than usual. He told that it was a style that Assche created back in 2008. I don't know if the S.A. was just b*lls**t about the information or if it's really is. Should I alter them? What should I do?

 

Ich_Dien : The jacket might seems to be a size too big, but it fits tight at the shoulder. Even if they have size 34R, I believe the shoulder might be too small for me.

post #5 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwroks View Post

I went to the Dior Boutique, and the S.A. there told that this jacket was meant to be a little longer than usual. He told that it was a style that Assche created back in 2008. I don't know if the S.A. was just b*lls**t about the information or if it's really is. Should I alter them? What should I do?

Ich_Dien : The jacket might seems to be a size too big, but it fits tight at the shoulder. Even if they have size 34R, I believe the shoulder might be too small for me.

There's too much fabric at the shoulders at the back...You need a 34S in this style.
post #6 of 23
The grammar in the thread title almost made my head a'splode.
post #7 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post

The grammar in the thread title almost made my head a'splode.

You soon get used to it though.

Only 9% of the world's population speaks English as a first language.

The OP looks Asian to me. Could be the jacket is sized and cut for Europeans, that's why it appears to be too long yet the sleeves seem to be OK. I get the opposite problem, I can get the length OK but often the sleeves are too short, as most clothes here are sized and made for Chinese people.
Edited by MikeDT - 7/5/12 at 5:07am
post #8 of 23
+1 on everything that Ich_Dien said.
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwroks View Post

I went to the Dior Boutique, and the S.A. there told that this jacket was meant to be a little longer than usual. He told that it was a style that Assche created back in 2008. I don't know if the S.A. was just b*lls**t about the information or if it's really is. Should I alter them? What should I do?

Ich_Dien : The jacket might seems to be a size too big, but it fits tight at the shoulder. Even if they have size 34R, I believe the shoulder might be too small for me.

I don't know how people can sleep at night doing this type of stuff. That jacket is simply too big for you, too long, too wide at the hips/waist. Stylistically, its a center vent orphaned suit jacket. Since you can't return it, have the waist taken in, have the jacket shortened and stick the flaps inside the pockets so it wont be too obvious that shortend the jacket.
post #10 of 23
On the positive side, it doesn't look too short when you're doing the YMCA or signaling a made extra point; so it has that going for it.
Edited by ctp120 - 7/5/12 at 5:56pm
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post

You soon get used to it though.
Only 9% of the world's population speaks English as a first language.
.

Having seen attack the block I assume that 9% doesn't include London?
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

I don't know how people can sleep at night doing this type of stuff. That jacket is simply too big for you, too long, too wide at the hips/waist. Stylistically, its a center vent orphaned suit jacket. Since you can't return it, have the waist taken in, have the jacket shortened and stick the flaps inside the pockets so it wont be too obvious that shortend the jacket.

Or better still gift it to your dad if he has the same shoulder size as you. Don't think you can salvage this even with radical surgery. It is a gonner.
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicola View Post

Having seen attack the block I assume that 9% doesn't include London?

It totally depends on how you treat Indian bilinguals - at least 80m or so who study everything in English.
post #14 of 23
Thread Starter 

I'm sorry for the grammar. Well, I tried to improve my grammar, but sometimes I am careless on the internet.

post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwroks View Post

I'm sorry for the grammar. Well, I tried to improve my grammar, but sometimes I am careless on the internet.

Just like how you were careless when buying that jacket?



jk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Can everybody give me an advise whether how I should do for this jacket?