Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ISAIA Napoli "Base S" Gray Suit - NEW - Ticket Pocket - Dual Vent - Super 140's -... Last post on 4/28/13 at 6:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Grey glencheck suit from Isaia US42L/EU52L Last post on 2/5/13 at 3:00pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Has anybody ever seen an Isaia suit tagged like this?? Last post on 9/8/12 at 8:48pm in Classic Menswear
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
New ISAIA suit - too short? - Page 2post #16 of 287/10/12 at 3:46pmI tried some new SCs for F2012, they are a bit shorter than what I am used to. I'm 6' and they barely cover my butt, they look a bit short, but nothing in the hipster dipshit extra short way. They had no shoulder padding, high armholes and phenomenal fabric and tailoring. The SA measured and said BOC was 30", about an inch shorter than the norm from what I can figure.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 287/11/12 at 11:06amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Ivon
I tried some new SCs for F2012, they are a bit shorter than what I am used to. I'm 6' and they barely cover my butt, they look a bit short, but nothing in the hipster dipshit extra short way. They had no shoulder padding, high armholes and phenomenal fabric and tailoring. The SA measured and said BOC was 30", about an inch shorter than the norm from what I can figure.
That's exactly how this jacket looks. I'll post better pictures soon.post #18 of 287/11/12 at 12:25pmpost #19 of 287/11/12 at 12:35pmpost #20 of 287/12/12 at 1:30pmpost #21 of 288/2/12 at 10:40pmThread StarterWould anyone have any interest in buying this suit? Its in perfect brand new condition - I bought it in June, got it fully tailored (including hand stitched button-holes) and never wore it even one day.
In my preference, it's just too short. Just want to see if worth posting to the Buy-Sell forum?post #22 of 288/3/12 at 5:48pmpost #23 of 2812/15/12 at 3:34am
That just seems to be the cut of Isaia in general, at least from what I own/have tried on.. backside covers my seat at the right length but button stance in the front is a little too high (for my personal preference).. There is always a gap of shirt/tie showing between the bottom button and the top of my pants, which I don't like.
edit: after a second look, that does look short on you..
Edited by newyorknoir - 12/16/12 at 8:53ampost #24 of 2812/15/12 at 8:38am
Since your pics are crap, it is 2 button, yeah?
I think the 3/2 would look better.
I will reaffirm the consensus. The jacket is not too short but it is on the short end of that. Another .5" I can see.
I don't like long jackets but good SR style will be longer and proper.
And the button stance does seem a bit high and off for straight 2 button.
JayJay, where is your trash bin? Tossing Isaia suits might be worth someone's time to raid it.post #25 of 2812/15/12 at 8:53ampost #26 of 2812/15/12 at 8:53ampost #27 of 2812/15/12 at 6:03pm
- New ISAIA suit - too short?
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 4 September 2015: Air Your Linen! 8 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015