Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ISAIA Napoli "Base S" Gray Suit - NEW - Ticket Pocket - Dual Vent - Super 140's -... Last post on 4/28/13 at 6:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Grey glencheck suit from Isaia US42L/EU52L Last post on 2/5/13 at 3:00pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Has anybody ever seen an Isaia suit tagged like this?? Last post on 9/8/12 at 8:48pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
New ISAIA suit - too short? - Page 2post #16 of 287/10/12 at 3:46pmI tried some new SCs for F2012, they are a bit shorter than what I am used to. I'm 6' and they barely cover my butt, they look a bit short, but nothing in the hipster dipshit extra short way. They had no shoulder padding, high armholes and phenomenal fabric and tailoring. The SA measured and said BOC was 30", about an inch shorter than the norm from what I can figure.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 287/11/12 at 11:06amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Ivon
I tried some new SCs for F2012, they are a bit shorter than what I am used to. I'm 6' and they barely cover my butt, they look a bit short, but nothing in the hipster dipshit extra short way. They had no shoulder padding, high armholes and phenomenal fabric and tailoring. The SA measured and said BOC was 30", about an inch shorter than the norm from what I can figure.
That's exactly how this jacket looks. I'll post better pictures soon.post #18 of 287/11/12 at 12:25pmpost #19 of 287/11/12 at 12:35pmpost #20 of 287/12/12 at 1:30pmpost #21 of 288/2/12 at 10:40pmThread StarterWould anyone have any interest in buying this suit? Its in perfect brand new condition - I bought it in June, got it fully tailored (including hand stitched button-holes) and never wore it even one day.
In my preference, it's just too short. Just want to see if worth posting to the Buy-Sell forum?post #22 of 288/3/12 at 5:48pmpost #23 of 2812/15/12 at 3:34am
That just seems to be the cut of Isaia in general, at least from what I own/have tried on.. backside covers my seat at the right length but button stance in the front is a little too high (for my personal preference).. There is always a gap of shirt/tie showing between the bottom button and the top of my pants, which I don't like.
edit: after a second look, that does look short on you..
Edited by newyorknoir - 12/16/12 at 8:53ampost #24 of 2812/15/12 at 8:38am
Since your pics are crap, it is 2 button, yeah?
I think the 3/2 would look better.
I will reaffirm the consensus. The jacket is not too short but it is on the short end of that. Another .5" I can see.
I don't like long jackets but good SR style will be longer and proper.
And the button stance does seem a bit high and off for straight 2 button.
JayJay, where is your trash bin? Tossing Isaia suits might be worth someone's time to raid it.post #25 of 2812/15/12 at 8:53ampost #26 of 2812/15/12 at 8:53ampost #27 of 2812/15/12 at 6:03pm
- New ISAIA suit - too short?
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 second ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 15 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 39 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 53 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 2 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 10 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE MAY 29 2015: Dress like a Fruit...or Vegetable 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan