Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:48 am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ISAIA Napoli "Base S" Gray Suit - NEW - Ticket Pocket - Dual Vent - Super 140's -... Last post on 4/28/13 at 6:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Grey glencheck suit from Isaia US42L/EU52L Last post on 2/5/13 at 3:00pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Has anybody ever seen an Isaia suit tagged like this?? Last post on 9/8/12 at 8:48pm in Classic Menswear
How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
New ISAIA suit - too short? - Page 2post #16 of 287/10/12 at 3:46pmI tried some new SCs for F2012, they are a bit shorter than what I am used to. I'm 6' and they barely cover my butt, they look a bit short, but nothing in the hipster dipshit extra short way. They had no shoulder padding, high armholes and phenomenal fabric and tailoring. The SA measured and said BOC was 30", about an inch shorter than the norm from what I can figure.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 287/11/12 at 11:06amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Ivon
I tried some new SCs for F2012, they are a bit shorter than what I am used to. I'm 6' and they barely cover my butt, they look a bit short, but nothing in the hipster dipshit extra short way. They had no shoulder padding, high armholes and phenomenal fabric and tailoring. The SA measured and said BOC was 30", about an inch shorter than the norm from what I can figure.
That's exactly how this jacket looks. I'll post better pictures soon.post #18 of 287/11/12 at 12:25pmpost #19 of 287/11/12 at 12:35pmpost #20 of 287/12/12 at 1:30pmpost #21 of 288/2/12 at 10:40pmThread StarterWould anyone have any interest in buying this suit? Its in perfect brand new condition - I bought it in June, got it fully tailored (including hand stitched button-holes) and never wore it even one day.
In my preference, it's just too short. Just want to see if worth posting to the Buy-Sell forum?post #22 of 288/3/12 at 5:48pmpost #23 of 2812/15/12 at 3:34am
That just seems to be the cut of Isaia in general, at least from what I own/have tried on.. backside covers my seat at the right length but button stance in the front is a little too high (for my personal preference).. There is always a gap of shirt/tie showing between the bottom button and the top of my pants, which I don't like.
edit: after a second look, that does look short on you..
Edited by newyorknoir - 12/16/12 at 8:53ampost #24 of 2812/15/12 at 8:38am
Since your pics are crap, it is 2 button, yeah?
I think the 3/2 would look better.
I will reaffirm the consensus. The jacket is not too short but it is on the short end of that. Another .5" I can see.
I don't like long jackets but good SR style will be longer and proper.
And the button stance does seem a bit high and off for straight 2 button.
JayJay, where is your trash bin? Tossing Isaia suits might be worth someone's time to raid it.post #25 of 2812/15/12 at 8:53ampost #26 of 2812/15/12 at 8:53ampost #27 of 2812/15/12 at 6:03pm
- New ISAIA suit - too short?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 33 seconds ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 56 seconds ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Can't find a T-shirt that fits 3 minutes ago
- › Aether Apparel Highline Men's Winter Jacket (BRAND NEW w/tags) size... 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 5 minutes ago
- › Nike Air Max 90 JCRD size 9 mens NEW IN BOX 6 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 7 minutes ago
- › Can't find a T-shirt that fits 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories