Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:39 am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ISAIA Napoli "Base S" Gray Suit - NEW - Ticket Pocket - Dual Vent - Super 140's -... Last post on 4/28/13 at 6:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Grey glencheck suit from Isaia US42L/EU52L Last post on 2/5/13 at 3:00pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Has anybody ever seen an Isaia suit tagged like this?? Last post on 9/8/12 at 8:48pm in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
New ISAIA suit - too short? - Page 2post #16 of 287/10/12 at 3:46pmI tried some new SCs for F2012, they are a bit shorter than what I am used to. I'm 6' and they barely cover my butt, they look a bit short, but nothing in the hipster dipshit extra short way. They had no shoulder padding, high armholes and phenomenal fabric and tailoring. The SA measured and said BOC was 30", about an inch shorter than the norm from what I can figure.post #17 of 287/11/12 at 11:06amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Ivon
I tried some new SCs for F2012, they are a bit shorter than what I am used to. I'm 6' and they barely cover my butt, they look a bit short, but nothing in the hipster dipshit extra short way. They had no shoulder padding, high armholes and phenomenal fabric and tailoring. The SA measured and said BOC was 30", about an inch shorter than the norm from what I can figure.
That's exactly how this jacket looks. I'll post better pictures soon.post #18 of 287/11/12 at 12:25pmpost #19 of 287/11/12 at 12:35pmpost #20 of 287/12/12 at 1:30pmpost #21 of 288/2/12 at 10:40pmThread StarterWould anyone have any interest in buying this suit? Its in perfect brand new condition - I bought it in June, got it fully tailored (including hand stitched button-holes) and never wore it even one day.
In my preference, it's just too short. Just want to see if worth posting to the Buy-Sell forum?post #22 of 288/3/12 at 5:48pmpost #23 of 2812/15/12 at 3:34am
That just seems to be the cut of Isaia in general, at least from what I own/have tried on.. backside covers my seat at the right length but button stance in the front is a little too high (for my personal preference).. There is always a gap of shirt/tie showing between the bottom button and the top of my pants, which I don't like.
edit: after a second look, that does look short on you..
Edited by newyorknoir - 12/16/12 at 8:53ampost #24 of 2812/15/12 at 8:38am
Since your pics are crap, it is 2 button, yeah?
I think the 3/2 would look better.
I will reaffirm the consensus. The jacket is not too short but it is on the short end of that. Another .5" I can see.
I don't like long jackets but good SR style will be longer and proper.
And the button stance does seem a bit high and off for straight 2 button.
JayJay, where is your trash bin? Tossing Isaia suits might be worth someone's time to raid it.post #25 of 2812/15/12 at 8:53ampost #26 of 2812/15/12 at 8:53ampost #27 of 2812/15/12 at 6:03pmpost #28 of 2812/15/12 at 8:09pm
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 25 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 29 seconds ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 2 minutes ago
- › What is wrong with Brioni? 3 minutes ago
- › The Things You Think You Know: Myth Busting in Classic Menswear 5 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › Need advice on SuitsDirect! 11 minutes ago
- › Traditional Furniture 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding