- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 6/7/16 at 5:34pm in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 2:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Dissection and reconstruction of a Charles Tyrwhitt grenadine - Page 2post #16 of 247/10/12 at 11:54ampost #17 of 247/10/12 at 12:16pmGreat Job!
I should try to do the same work on some ties.Quote:
I suggest you a classic Gutermann 30 Thread M1003 that you can easily find.
It isn't a difficult job.
To make a larger bartack you could go with tick thread or do various stitches (insted one) before begin to do the buttonhole stitch around (I hope is understandable).
I have these pics that shown the bartacks that I made as first attemp to make the "Ambrosi cuffs" in some pants (forgot the denim) :post #18 of 247/10/12 at 2:27pmQuote:
I think I get it, now I just need to get some supplies and get going! Will post any updates, thank you.post #19 of 247/10/12 at 3:33pmpost #20 of 247/11/12 at 8:45ampost #21 of 247/11/12 at 9:11ampost #22 of 247/12/12 at 3:22amThread StarterIt's something anyone who has done a few alterations should be able to do. Tailors more than capable of relining a tie.
That said, there's no compensating for the crap graza fina silk that CT uses, and I'm not very tempted to buy anything more from CT. The pink garza grossa is passable, but still not quite as good as my other ones. I don't know which mill weaves the CT silk, and whether they have been instructed to use inferior yarn, but that tie is still behind all of the others I know that are sourced from Fermo Fotassi. I don't own any that I can positively identify as Seteria Bianchi.
Upshot: I used to think that with only two mills weaving grenadine silk and after having performed several "rebirths", all grenadine silk was of the same quality. I now know otherwise. Don't bother with CT's finas, and unless you have to have that exact colour pink, get a Hober instead.post #23 of 241/15/13 at 9:21ampost #24 of 243/7/14 at 8:33am
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
Currently, there are 1299 Active Users (246 Members and 1053 Guests)
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29 June 2016 - The "What the hell was I thinking"... 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 11 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 16 minutes ago
- › New Russian Reindeer Accessories! 21 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 25 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 25 minutes ago
- › Looking for high quality dress shoes 26 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 32 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 33 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 34 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding