- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 8/10/16 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 9/14/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Dissection and reconstruction of a Charles Tyrwhitt grenadine - Page 2post #16 of 247/10/12 at 11:54ampost #17 of 247/10/12 at 12:16pmGreat Job!
I should try to do the same work on some ties.Quote:
I suggest you a classic Gutermann 30 Thread M1003 that you can easily find.
It isn't a difficult job.
To make a larger bartack you could go with tick thread or do various stitches (insted one) before begin to do the buttonhole stitch around (I hope is understandable).
I have these pics that shown the bartacks that I made as first attemp to make the "Ambrosi cuffs" in some pants (forgot the denim) :post #18 of 247/10/12 at 2:27pmQuote:
I think I get it, now I just need to get some supplies and get going! Will post any updates, thank you.post #19 of 247/10/12 at 3:33pmpost #20 of 247/11/12 at 8:45ampost #21 of 247/11/12 at 9:11ampost #22 of 247/12/12 at 3:22amThread StarterIt's something anyone who has done a few alterations should be able to do. Tailors more than capable of relining a tie.
That said, there's no compensating for the crap graza fina silk that CT uses, and I'm not very tempted to buy anything more from CT. The pink garza grossa is passable, but still not quite as good as my other ones. I don't know which mill weaves the CT silk, and whether they have been instructed to use inferior yarn, but that tie is still behind all of the others I know that are sourced from Fermo Fotassi. I don't own any that I can positively identify as Seteria Bianchi.
Upshot: I used to think that with only two mills weaving grenadine silk and after having performed several "rebirths", all grenadine silk was of the same quality. I now know otherwise. Don't bother with CT's finas, and unless you have to have that exact colour pink, get a Hober instead.post #23 of 241/15/13 at 9:21ampost #24 of 243/7/14 at 8:33am
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
Currently, there are 1143 Active Users (222 Members and 921 Guests)
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 8 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 20 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 21 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 24 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...