- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Neckties: A Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 10:38 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on Today at 5:45 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Dissection and reconstruction of a Charles Tyrwhitt grenadine - Page 2post #16 of 247/10/12 at 11:54am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 247/10/12 at 12:16pmGreat Job!
I should try to do the same work on some ties.Quote:
I suggest you a classic Gutermann 30 Thread M1003 that you can easily find.
It isn't a difficult job.
To make a larger bartack you could go with tick thread or do various stitches (insted one) before begin to do the buttonhole stitch around (I hope is understandable).
I have these pics that shown the bartacks that I made as first attemp to make the "Ambrosi cuffs" in some pants (forgot the denim) :post #18 of 247/10/12 at 2:27pmQuote:
I think I get it, now I just need to get some supplies and get going! Will post any updates, thank you.post #19 of 247/10/12 at 3:33pmpost #20 of 247/11/12 at 8:45ampost #21 of 247/11/12 at 9:11ampost #22 of 247/12/12 at 3:22amThread StarterIt's something anyone who has done a few alterations should be able to do. Tailors more than capable of relining a tie.
That said, there's no compensating for the crap graza fina silk that CT uses, and I'm not very tempted to buy anything more from CT. The pink garza grossa is passable, but still not quite as good as my other ones. I don't know which mill weaves the CT silk, and whether they have been instructed to use inferior yarn, but that tie is still behind all of the others I know that are sourced from Fermo Fotassi. I don't own any that I can positively identify as Seteria Bianchi.
Upshot: I used to think that with only two mills weaving grenadine silk and after having performed several "rebirths", all grenadine silk was of the same quality. I now know otherwise. Don't bother with CT's finas, and unless you have to have that exact colour pink, get a Hober instead.post #23 of 241/15/13 at 9:21am
- Dissection and reconstruction of a Charles Tyrwhitt grenadine
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
Currently, there are 1499 Active Users (280 Members and 1219 Guests)
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 22 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › The Grim Reaper - Conne's Obituary Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 5 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?