or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Goodbye D&G
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Goodbye D&G

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Just heard that Dolce & Gabbana is killing their D&G line by end of year. I personally never bought anything from this line, but I do know it has been there for a while.

What does SF think of this? Does it mean rationalisation for the Fashion/ Clothing industry?

Discuss.

In b4 repost
post #2 of 13
Good riddance to bad rubbish. I love Dolce and Gabanna, but i hated D&G, come to think about it i hate most off the diffusion lines, nothing against what they produce its just i always hated when people wore a $20 AX t shirt and go around screaming how its from "Armani"
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff13007 View Post

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I love Dolce and Gabanna, but i hated D&G, come to think about it i hate most off the diffusion lines, nothing against what they produce its just i always hated when people wore a $20 AX t shirt and go around screaming how its from "Armani"

Jeff, I like you. I agree with most everything you say.
post #4 of 13

Heard about this a few weeks ago. I only own one item from D&G, a pair of jeans, which actually fits very well. And they also seem to be much better quality than stuff from other diffusion lines.

post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis View Post

Heard about this a few weeks ago. I only own one item from D&G, a pair of jeans, which actually fits very well. And they also seem to be much better quality than stuff from other diffusion lines.

Agreed. It is better.
I have some of the shirts, denim pants, shoes and my better half has some stuff too. All great quality.
post #6 of 13
Good!! Then perhaps Armani and Ralph Lauren will kill off some of their heavily branded diffusion lines as well. Although "Emporio" and "Polo" must be real money spinners for them. Maybe bye bye to the wretched "Abercrombie & Fitch" as well "Burberry Brit".
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Emporio Armani, RLBL and Just Cavalli are some higher end diffusion lines. Are all diffusion lines the same?

I think about DKNY. It is clearly not.in the same league as D&G or Emporio Armani. I also shudder at the thought of Armani Exchange.and their hideous AX belt that is so popular amongst young kids and Douchebags.
post #8 of 13
my one holiday party jacket (burgundy velvet) is from D&G. I like it, but I don't really care one way or the other about the D&G line folding.
post #9 of 13

D&G won't be missed. Too bad they incorporated some of the tacky D&G designs into the main line for the FW12/13 collection.

post #10 of 13
hermes man is not thrilled.
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post

Good!! Then perhaps Armani and Ralph Lauren will kill off some of their heavily branded diffusion lines as well. Although "Emporio" and "Polo" must be real money spinners for them. Maybe bye bye to the wretched "Abercrombie & Fitch" as well "Burberry Brit".

As far as diffusion lines go, D&G was fairly expensive, if I recall correctly. AX is priced for the masses, and Polo isn't a diffusion line. Now Lauren Ralph Lauren? I can only hope it gets discontinued. I agree with you though on Burberry Brit. 90% of it isn't worthwhile and looks painfully like cheap imitations of the London offerings IMO. (But, the cologne is nice, however).
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post

Good!! Then perhaps Armani and Ralph Lauren will kill off some of their heavily branded diffusion lines as well. Although "Emporio" and "Polo" must be real money spinners for them. Maybe bye bye to the wretched "Abercrombie & Fitch" as well "Burberry Brit".

I think "Polo" is their flagship brand, with black label/purple label being the high end ones. Just like what Burberry did with Burberry Porusum(sp?). Btw i just read online that they are discontinuing D&G because they want to follow Chanel's business model of having only one brand.
post #13 of 13
My own only garment from Dolce & Gabbana is a grey D&G sports jacket purchased in 2006, that I still wear casually (autumn/winter), normally with cords.

Diffusion lines are not all bad, you can find garments for more casual occasions (e.g. Z Zegna) and if you are in your late teens or early twenties, you do not want to spend thousands on clothing you want to wear for only 6/12/24 months.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Goodbye D&G