or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Google Nexus 7
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google Nexus 7 - Page 2

post #16 of 72
The smartest thing Apple could do with a 7 inch iPad is keep the aspect ratio of the larger one. I find the widescreen ratio on these smaller tablets absurd and a hindrance to usability.
post #17 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

The smartest thing Apple could do with a 7 inch iPad is keep the aspect ratio of the larger one. I find the widescreen ratio on these smaller tablets absurd and a hindrance to usability.

Absolutely think Apple will keep the same aspect ratio on the 7.85 model.
post #18 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairh View Post


Absolutely think Apple will keep the same aspect ratio on the 7.85 model.

It would do nothing for them if they change the aspect ratio (the UI is predicated on the aspect ratio being consistent across screen sizes)

post #19 of 72
easiest decision ive made. $250. boom!
post #20 of 72
so been a few days now, you guys liking this ?
post #21 of 72

A good price but the Samsung galaxy tab has to be one of the best tablets you can get. So no for me.
 

post #22 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

so been a few days now, you guys liking this ?

Yeah, love it. It's such a powerful little thing.

 

I wonder if there is a 10" in the works tho.

 

And if it had a stylus WELL, that would have made my day.

post #23 of 72
Best $250 I've spent
post #24 of 72
Id probably pull the trigger but for the omission of a couple of features:

-No 3g/4g
-Homescreen cant do a landscape view (wtf?) Although I suspect this will be fixed in a software update...
-HDMI port. This is a place they could have actually gotten a leg up on google, rather than offering a poor mans iPad. Would have been great for transporting presentations, and could have hooked up to the TV for netflix and stuff.
post #25 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennglock View Post

Id probably pull the trigger but for the omission of a couple of features:
-No 3g/4g
-Homescreen cant do a landscape view (wtf?) Although I suspect this will be fixed in a software update...
-HDMI port. This is a place they could have actually gotten a leg up on google, rather than offering a poor mans iPad. Would have been great for transporting presentations, and could have hooked up to the TV for netflix and stuff.

 

Yeah, don't count on 3G/4G - Google have had a rough enough time with carriers as it is. HDMI port would have increased the price - it's not a poor man's iPad perse- it's just taking the features of the ipad that 90% of people use (and bugger all use it to output presos or plug into your tv to do netflix)

 

(also airplay etc. can easily 'fix' that)

post #26 of 72
What are you guys using for sleeves? Screen protectors? Looking to pick up a decent quality leather case
post #27 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

What are you guys using for sleeves? Screen protectors? Looking to pick up a decent quality leather case

Naked :)

 

700

post #28 of 72
^ ha. im using a soft felt shoe bag
post #29 of 72
I believe the Nexus Q was supposed to be the decision to not go with an HDMI port. The Q would display on TV and through speakers (built in amp) what you want to show from your tablet, phone, computer etc over WiFi.
post #30 of 72

I think its ok and a great price but it lacks features such as extendable memory which is important in this day and age
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Google Nexus 7