or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Epaulet Shirting Contest Spring 2012 Voting Poll
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Epaulet Shirting Contest Spring 2012 Voting Poll - Page 2

Poll Results: Choose your favorite Epaulet Shirting contest photo (vote for as many as you like!)

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 3% (12)
    wj4
  • 3% (13)
    trig
  • 20% (73)
    Stanley Van Buren
  • 2% (9)
    runningfrog
  • 16% (59)
    PDinh
  • 2% (8)
    oboy oboy
  • 11% (42)
    NewYorkRanger
  • 1% (7)
    nadav
  • 5% (19)
    Morgan
  • 2% (10)
    MacktasticGDogg
  • 18% (66)
    kgmessier
  • 1% (6)
    dinted voice
  • 4% (15)
    CHRK33
  • 2% (8)
    beatlegeuse
  • 2% (10)
    altmana
357 Total Votes  
post #16 of 30
^ Hope not. I'd like to think the contest is about highlighting shirts, not skins. I put some serious hours into staging those shots, then working out the post-production. My wife isn't down with posing in any of my fit pics, and I think she'd be even less cool with me posing with some other girl(s), so I have to rely solely on my own creativity, not God's. (And I think we can all agree He has done a pretty good job in the creativity department.)
post #17 of 30
Great shots here, but for me its KG by a mile and a half.
post #18 of 30
love PDinh's shot, dude looks so relaxed and comfortable

(plus his girl's looking pretty good herself redface.gif)
post #19 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmessier View Post

^ Hope not. I'd like to think the contest is about highlighting shirts, not skins. I put some serious hours into staging those shots, then working out the post-production. My wife isn't down with posing in any of my fit pics, and I think she'd be even less cool with me posing with some other girl(s), so I have to rely solely on my own creativity, not God's. (And I think we can all agree He has done a pretty good job in the creativity department.)

This sounds genuinely whiney. The hours you spent staging and doing post-production doesn't make it better than the romantic notion of a good looking girl in a dress shirt and nothing else.
post #20 of 30

dude... why do you care so much about what random people on the internet think, just chill.

post #21 of 30
I thought this poll closed two days ago.
post #22 of 30
I feel pretty good where I placed in here...SVB and KGs photoshopping is simply otherworldly as is the hot chick...here's to hoping i can win the random draw!
post #23 of 30
Thread Starter 
Hey guys,

Apologies for the late congrats, but we hereby nominate both SVB and Kgmessier as the winners of the Spring 2012 shirting contest! That one vote difference made it a tie for us. We'll see that both of you guys get some psycho Liberty mash-ups.!

Shout out to PDinh and NewYorkRanger for great showings too!

And again, we were blown away by the quality of the submissions. Thanks to everybody who participated.

I'm back in the States on Monday, so we'll do the random draw next week. And I definitely see a rivet chino contest in our future soon!
post #24 of 30

Mike, that's a really gracious offer, and if that's what you want to do and you have enough fabric, far be it from me to turn it down, but I realize you're in Spain so you probably missed a lot of the action and I would be remiss if I didn't point out the following: If we're going by the July 2 end date that you stated in your original post, then kgmessier won it outright. There were a couple points earlier on when he and I tied, or when he and PDinh tied, but he was ahead of me by at least 2 or 3 votes by the end of July 2.

 

It's awesome that people have continued to vote for me, and I appreciate those votes, but they shouldn't count. kgmessier won this one, and by a clear margin too. My vote would be to close the poll and declare kgmessier the winner.
 

post #25 of 30

My vote was for KG early on when the one with the girl in the shirt was dominating. Im really happy Mike opted to have both SVB and KG as the co-winners. They were clearly the most "creative." I will say though, SVB made me go "ha thats pretty great" while KG's made me go "holy shit." 

 

Both are deserving, but KG really upped the ante on this one. It's just a beautiful shot that really highlights Epaulet as a full, varied, and unique brand. 

post #26 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Hey guys,
Apologies for the late congrats, but we hereby nominate both SVB and Kgmessier as the winners of the Spring 2012 shirting contest! That one vote difference made it a tie for us. We'll see that both of you guys get some psycho Liberty mash-ups.!
Shout out to PDinh and NewYorkRanger for great showings too!
And again, we were blown away by the quality of the submissions. Thanks to everybody who participated.
I'm back in the States on Monday, so we'll do the random draw next week. And I definitely see a rivet chino contest in our future soon!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I agree that the competition was even fiercer this time around. It was neck-and-neck for most of the way with three different horses changing leads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

Mike, that's a really gracious offer, and if that's what you want to do and you have enough fabric, far be it from me to turn it down, but I realize you're in Spain so you probably missed a lot of the action and I would be remiss if I didn't point out the following: If we're going by the July 2 end date that you stated in your original post, then kgmessier won it outright. There were a couple points earlier on when he and I tied, or when he and PDinh tied, but he was ahead of me by at least 2 or 3 votes by the end of July 2.

It's awesome that people have continued to vote for me, and I appreciate those votes, but they shouldn't count. kgmessier won this one, and by a clear margin too. My vote would be to close the poll and declare kgmessier the winner.

It's not my contest, but I think we can all agree that toward the end there was a lot of back-and-forth between myself and SVB vying for first place. By the end of Monday, my lead was only two votes. I think if the contest were extended or shortened by 12 hours, the title just as easily could have been yours.

In any case, thanks very much to Mike for once again putting together a fun fit challenge. With any luck, the front-runners will have managed to boost white oxford sales in-store and online. smile.gif

And yes, Mike, it's very generous of you to nominate co-winners.

383
post #27 of 30
congrats to both KG and SVB...very well deserved. Looking forward to fit pics of the new mashups!
post #28 of 30
What's up with the random drawing? icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #29 of 30
Thread Starter 
The Random Drawing is Done!

Thanks again to everyone who participated. And let this video serve as evidence that I will never have a career in television:

post #30 of 30
Oh shit!!! Venus de Milo must be my lucky charm. NICE!

Rare company to have the same shirt as SVB and KG. I consider myself honored although I will have to wait and see their fit pics -- I am at an utter loss as to how I can fit a liberty mash-up into my rotation. shog[1].gif

Mike, thanks for putting together a bad-ass contest and putting out even better product. Kudos!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Epaulet Shirting Contest Spring 2012 Voting Poll