or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official 2012 London Olympics Backlash Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official 2012 London Olympics Backlash Thread - Page 25

post #361 of 593

Pound-for-pound, women's field hockey is where the babes are.

 

lefty

post #362 of 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Pound-for-pound, women's field hockey is where the babes are.

lefty

And they run around in "docking position."
post #363 of 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Pound-for-pound, women's field hockey is where the babes are.

 

lefty


This is why women's field is played and replayed in Australia.

post #364 of 593
OK I've been pretty pro-Olympics in this thread but here's some backlash: Olympic basketball suuuuucks. It's like an NBA team playing in the NCAA tournament. They need to put an age limit on players like they do in soccer. The US would still probably win but at least it might be interesting.
post #365 of 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

OK I've been pretty pro-Olympics in this thread but here's some backlash: Olympic basketball suuuuucks. It's like an NBA team playing in the NCAA tournament. They need to put an age limit on players like they do in soccer. The US would still probably win but at least it might be interesting.

The rest of the world just needs better basketball players

peepwall[1].gif
post #366 of 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

OK I've been pretty pro-Olympics in this thread but here's some backlash: Olympic basketball suuuuucks. It's like an NBA team playing in the NCAA tournament. They need to put an age limit on players like they do in soccer. The US would still probably win but at least it might be interesting.

Basketball is the strongest possible argument for bringing back the amateur-only rule.
post #367 of 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Basketball is the strongest possible argument for bringing back the amateur-only rule.
Why do you hate America?

An age limit might be cool though.
post #368 of 593
Sorry if its already posted, but... www.facebook.com/olympichunting
post #369 of 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post

Sorry if its already posted, but... www.facebook.com/olympichunting

ty Sir
post #370 of 593
FFS, more diving?????
post #371 of 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

FFS, more diving?????

Yah, blows... I've been watching the cycling replays from the velodrome and they're fucking exciting.
post #372 of 593
Lolo Jones irks me. she certainly marketed and attention-whored herself into the position she's in, and now she's upset at the backlash. and then she handles the backlash with...more attention whoring! in the meantime we just won seven fucking track medals, which should be the true story. if NBC prime time coverage is on Lolo and not the medal winners I'm going to fucking scream.

and I realize she's won some championships, but I've only seen her submit lackluster performances. sucked in Beijing, sucked in the semis, and started off well but ultimately faded in the final. I swear to God, after the final I told my wife that she was the track and field Anna Kournikova....i found it hilarious to find out today that the media said the same thing and that it infuriated her.
post #373 of 593
The Spain-France handball quarterfinal was awesome. Can't wait for the Croatia-France semi.
post #374 of 593
speaking of Spain, I was very entertained to find that their basketball team dives just about as much as their football teams. did the handball team do a lot of diving too?
post #375 of 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

The Spain-France handball quarterfinal was awesome. Can't wait for the Croatia-France semi.

Caught some of this. Its like basketball from East Germany where you couldn't dribble because you'd drop the ball on a land mine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official 2012 London Olympics Backlash Thread