Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 6/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- BURBERRY EXPLODED CHECK COTTON SHIRT Last post on Today at 6:06 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PLAY COMME DES GARCONS NEW T-SHIRT Last post on Today at 5:45 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- VIVIENNE WESTWOOD MENS SHIRT Last post on Today at 5:41 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Eidos Napoli by Isaia - Dress Shirt BNWT - SIZE: 17 - $295 Retail Last post on Yesterday at 8:00 pm in Marketplace
- Gustin - Blue Selvedge Chambray - Size Small Last post on Yesterday at 7:04 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
White shirts everyday? - Page 5post #61 of 666/26/12 at 7:12pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62 of 666/26/12 at 7:48pmpost #63 of 666/27/12 at 6:08amQuote:
Of course, Tom Wolfe does it. But then again, you're not Tom Wolfe are you...?Quote:
Sometimes it is very subtle things that separate the good dressers from the bad ones, and the stylish, from the tacky. If there is one thing to pick up from that show it is less is more.post #64 of 666/27/12 at 7:41amQuote:Originally Posted by SvennQuote:
I've noticed white shirts look more agreeable, on me at least, when the suit itself is light-colored. Perhaps you're right that the shirt isn't so much the problem with my ruddiness than the dark navy is.
Yep, it's not a particularly novel idea:
I wasn't necessarily being critical (I don't like the look in the photo, but I suppose in solid navy it might look nicer), more surprised as I'm just struggling to imagine a suit fabric knotting well, unless it's a fairly light in weight.. Most wool neckties I've seen tend to feel quite different to wool suit fabric (softer/fuzzier/more open... ie. more "knottable", I guess).post #65 of 666/27/12 at 9:19ampost #66 of 666/27/12 at 1:34pm
- White shirts everyday?
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 5 seconds ago
- › Can brogues be worn as casual-everyday-shoes? 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › YMC Navy Duck Down Quilted Vest Medium 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren RRL Double RL Quilted Hunting Vest Size Large 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Official 2015-2016 college football thread 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...