Is this okay? It seems many of the WAYWT thread vets wear white shirts or light blue on a daily basis and do just fine (I'm talking about you Spoo).
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 6/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments blue chambray workshirt, made in USA - size XL Last post on Today at 3:40 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Oliver Spencer linen / cotton shirt - Size 15" (S-M) - light blue Last post on Today at 10:56 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Billy Reid Heirloom textured arrowpoint chambray shirt - Small - Made in USA - blue Last post on Today at 10:34 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- J CREW JAPANESE INDIGO DYE ANCHOR POPOVER SHIRT XS BNWT $88.00 MSRP SAILOR POLO Last post on Yesterday at 7:05 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Excellent Kiton Napoli Handmade Dress Shirt Size 15 / 38 Last post on Yesterday at 12:20 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
White shirts everyday?post #1 of 666/24/12 at 6:54pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 666/24/12 at 7:04pm
I'm not sure where you work, or if this question is an inside joke, but if you wear a different white shirt every day I don't think anyone would have any problems with that. Personally, it might get a little boring, but I suppose if you mix it up with a nice rotation of suits and ties you'd be okay.. Most of my shirts are of the blue pallet, but that still gives me many options with shades, collars, and patterns (bengal stripe, gingham, contrast collar, etc.).. I just ordered this Finamore shirt in light blue and white stripe..post #3 of 666/24/12 at 7:27pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by newyorknoir
I'm not sure where you work, or if this question is an inside joke, but if you wear a different white shirt every day I don't think anyone would have any problems with that. Personally, it might get a little boring, but I suppose if you mix it up with a nice rotation of suits and ties you'd be okay.. Most of my shirts are of the blue pallet, but that still gives me many options with shades, collars, and patterns (bengal stripe, gingham, contrast collar, etc.).. I just ordered this Finamore shirt in light blue and white stripe..
Currently, I work at a pharmacy, at my college and hopefully I can start at my local hospital soon.post #4 of 666/24/12 at 8:42pmMy rotation for work is pretty much exactly that - white shirts every single day. The thing about white and even light blue shirts is that they are very much part of a professional image that they are pretty much as inconspicuous as you can get. They form a sort of backdrop that no one would notice if you wear it every single day. What people do notice is everything else - your tie, suit, odd jacket/trousers etc.
There are still options with just white shirts that may let you change it up a bit that people might notice. Whether they can point it out is another story: collar type and size, shirt fabric, cuff style.
My white shirts are all a bit different: oxfords, royal oxfords, poplin, medium spread collar, full cutaway, button down, taller collar, shorter collar, barrel cuffs, double cuffs.post #5 of 666/24/12 at 10:06pmpost #6 of 666/25/12 at 1:06ampost #7 of 666/25/12 at 1:21ampost #8 of 666/25/12 at 4:16amQuote:
Brilliant man who obviously put great emphasis and had a great understanding of the value of time, but that seems a little superfluous. Einstein was of course an eccentric—Perhaps he fulfilled the minimum dress requirement, but his hair was borderline unpresentable, and apparently he only showered twice a year.. Obviously he viewed proper grooming in the same respect as his wardrobe—He did not find the time. It reminds me of Agnelli wearing his watch on the outside of his collar sleeve rather than underneath.. True, it saves a second of your time, but a little unnecessary I think.post #9 of 666/25/12 at 8:06ampost #10 of 666/25/12 at 8:28ampost #11 of 666/25/12 at 8:29ampost #12 of 666/25/12 at 8:31ampost #13 of 666/25/12 at 8:39ampost #14 of 666/25/12 at 9:03ampost #15 of 666/25/12 at 9:05amI’ll see your solid white and blue shirts and raise you a complete and irreproachable business wardrobe. Solid navy suits; sold gray suits; black calf cap toe oxfords; black, navy, and silver grenadine ties; white linen handkerchiefs; black, navy, and gray merino socks. It is by following this minimalist prescription that I have avoided all sartorial extravagance for lo these many years.
- White shirts everyday?
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Large Feet Thread – dedicated to info on where to get plus size... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 15 minutes ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 18 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 18 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 19 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...