Is this okay? It seems many of the WAYWT thread vets wear white shirts or light blue on a daily basis and do just fine (I'm talking about you Spoo).
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 6/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- NWT-Stephan Schneider Two-Piece Check Short Sleeve Shirt & LS Top sz M/L Last post on Yesterday at 9:01 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Epaulet New England Shirt Co. "Cayman Islands Chambray", Large, BNWT Last post on Yesterday at 3:10 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *NEW* SS Suit Supply Red Check Gingham Spread Collar Shirt Size 42 16 1/2 Last post on 7/25/16 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWT: RLBL 100 % linen shirt, sz S Last post on 7/25/16 at 7:45am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWT Ralph Lauren Black Label Charcoal/Black Gingham Shirt 15.5R Italy Last post on 7/24/16 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
White shirts everyday?post #1 of 666/24/12 at 6:54pmThread Starterpost #2 of 666/24/12 at 7:04pm
I'm not sure where you work, or if this question is an inside joke, but if you wear a different white shirt every day I don't think anyone would have any problems with that. Personally, it might get a little boring, but I suppose if you mix it up with a nice rotation of suits and ties you'd be okay.. Most of my shirts are of the blue pallet, but that still gives me many options with shades, collars, and patterns (bengal stripe, gingham, contrast collar, etc.).. I just ordered this Finamore shirt in light blue and white stripe..post #3 of 666/24/12 at 7:27pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by newyorknoir
I'm not sure where you work, or if this question is an inside joke, but if you wear a different white shirt every day I don't think anyone would have any problems with that. Personally, it might get a little boring, but I suppose if you mix it up with a nice rotation of suits and ties you'd be okay.. Most of my shirts are of the blue pallet, but that still gives me many options with shades, collars, and patterns (bengal stripe, gingham, contrast collar, etc.).. I just ordered this Finamore shirt in light blue and white stripe..
Currently, I work at a pharmacy, at my college and hopefully I can start at my local hospital soon.post #4 of 666/24/12 at 8:42pmMy rotation for work is pretty much exactly that - white shirts every single day. The thing about white and even light blue shirts is that they are very much part of a professional image that they are pretty much as inconspicuous as you can get. They form a sort of backdrop that no one would notice if you wear it every single day. What people do notice is everything else - your tie, suit, odd jacket/trousers etc.
There are still options with just white shirts that may let you change it up a bit that people might notice. Whether they can point it out is another story: collar type and size, shirt fabric, cuff style.
My white shirts are all a bit different: oxfords, royal oxfords, poplin, medium spread collar, full cutaway, button down, taller collar, shorter collar, barrel cuffs, double cuffs.post #5 of 666/24/12 at 10:06pmpost #6 of 666/25/12 at 1:06ampost #7 of 666/25/12 at 1:21ampost #8 of 666/25/12 at 4:16amQuote:
Brilliant man who obviously put great emphasis and had a great understanding of the value of time, but that seems a little superfluous. Einstein was of course an eccentric—Perhaps he fulfilled the minimum dress requirement, but his hair was borderline unpresentable, and apparently he only showered twice a year.. Obviously he viewed proper grooming in the same respect as his wardrobe—He did not find the time. It reminds me of Agnelli wearing his watch on the outside of his collar sleeve rather than underneath.. True, it saves a second of your time, but a little unnecessary I think.post #9 of 666/25/12 at 8:06ampost #10 of 666/25/12 at 8:28ampost #11 of 666/25/12 at 8:29ampost #12 of 666/25/12 at 8:31ampost #13 of 666/25/12 at 8:39ampost #14 of 666/25/12 at 9:03ampost #15 of 666/25/12 at 9:05amI’ll see your solid white and blue shirts and raise you a complete and irreproachable business wardrobe. Solid navy suits; sold gray suits; black calf cap toe oxfords; black, navy, and silver grenadine ties; white linen handkerchiefs; black, navy, and gray merino socks. It is by following this minimalist prescription that I have avoided all sartorial extravagance for lo these many years.
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 13 minutes ago
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 38 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 40 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 41 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 41 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding