Is this okay? It seems many of the WAYWT thread vets wear white shirts or light blue on a daily basis and do just fine (I'm talking about you Spoo).
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 6/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- JCrew Polo Last post on Yesterday at 9:26 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Gitman Vintage Bros. Charcoal Chambray Oxford shirt - Medium Last post on Yesterday at 1:10 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NWOT SPIER MACKAY 100% Cotton WHITE POLO Size L SLIM Last post on 9/24/16 at 9:09am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Engineered Garments 19th Century Button Down Shirts, Size Small, NWT Last post on 9/23/16 at 7:08pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Size small shirts OCBD Epaulet, Gitman NE Shirt Co Last post on 9/23/16 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
White shirts everyday?post #1 of 666/24/12 at 6:54pmThread Starterpost #2 of 666/24/12 at 7:04pm
I'm not sure where you work, or if this question is an inside joke, but if you wear a different white shirt every day I don't think anyone would have any problems with that. Personally, it might get a little boring, but I suppose if you mix it up with a nice rotation of suits and ties you'd be okay.. Most of my shirts are of the blue pallet, but that still gives me many options with shades, collars, and patterns (bengal stripe, gingham, contrast collar, etc.).. I just ordered this Finamore shirt in light blue and white stripe..post #3 of 666/24/12 at 7:27pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by newyorknoir
I'm not sure where you work, or if this question is an inside joke, but if you wear a different white shirt every day I don't think anyone would have any problems with that. Personally, it might get a little boring, but I suppose if you mix it up with a nice rotation of suits and ties you'd be okay.. Most of my shirts are of the blue pallet, but that still gives me many options with shades, collars, and patterns (bengal stripe, gingham, contrast collar, etc.).. I just ordered this Finamore shirt in light blue and white stripe..
Currently, I work at a pharmacy, at my college and hopefully I can start at my local hospital soon.post #4 of 666/24/12 at 8:42pmMy rotation for work is pretty much exactly that - white shirts every single day. The thing about white and even light blue shirts is that they are very much part of a professional image that they are pretty much as inconspicuous as you can get. They form a sort of backdrop that no one would notice if you wear it every single day. What people do notice is everything else - your tie, suit, odd jacket/trousers etc.
There are still options with just white shirts that may let you change it up a bit that people might notice. Whether they can point it out is another story: collar type and size, shirt fabric, cuff style.
My white shirts are all a bit different: oxfords, royal oxfords, poplin, medium spread collar, full cutaway, button down, taller collar, shorter collar, barrel cuffs, double cuffs.post #5 of 666/24/12 at 10:06pmpost #6 of 666/25/12 at 1:06ampost #7 of 666/25/12 at 1:21ampost #8 of 666/25/12 at 4:16amQuote:
Brilliant man who obviously put great emphasis and had a great understanding of the value of time, but that seems a little superfluous. Einstein was of course an eccentric—Perhaps he fulfilled the minimum dress requirement, but his hair was borderline unpresentable, and apparently he only showered twice a year.. Obviously he viewed proper grooming in the same respect as his wardrobe—He did not find the time. It reminds me of Agnelli wearing his watch on the outside of his collar sleeve rather than underneath.. True, it saves a second of your time, but a little unnecessary I think.post #9 of 666/25/12 at 8:06ampost #10 of 666/25/12 at 8:28ampost #11 of 666/25/12 at 8:29ampost #12 of 666/25/12 at 8:31ampost #13 of 666/25/12 at 8:39ampost #14 of 666/25/12 at 9:03ampost #15 of 666/25/12 at 9:05amI’ll see your solid white and blue shirts and raise you a complete and irreproachable business wardrobe. Solid navy suits; sold gray suits; black calf cap toe oxfords; black, navy, and silver grenadine ties; white linen handkerchiefs; black, navy, and gray merino socks. It is by following this minimalist prescription that I have avoided all sartorial extravagance for lo these many years.
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 11 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 11 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 11 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...