or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Travel log
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Travel log - Page 9

post #121 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARon
Thanks fritzl for the clarification. From what I saw, and what I have been led to believe, I surmise that the Austrians were/are a bit more refined than the Hungarians. I'll have to visit there one day, particularly Vienna and Salzburg -- both of which have always been portrayed as beautiful places.

It's my pleasure.

Regarding a refinement between Austrian and Hungarian people. Completely different setups in the mentality(mindset), allthough we are neighbours and share a precious history. Research e.g. Earl Andrassy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyula_Andr%C3%A1ssy

Let me know, when you'll visit "my" country. At least, I could be a proper tour guide
post #122 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARon
My favorite places are (in estimable descending order): Paris, Florence, New York, San Francisco, Rome, Prague, Buenos Aires, Rio, Chicago, Jamaica, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, D.C., Vancouver, Montreal, Miami, London, Venice, Ixtapa, Amsterdam, Philly and Cleveland. (I've not yet been to Lima or Santiago, but they're on my short list, alongf with Vietnam and Thailand).

Wow, we almost never beat Montreal in these lists.

Great trip LARon. I"ve really enjoyed following this one.
post #123 of 127
Ron, after you get back home, settle down a bit, you need to post some of your favorite pictures here, the more the merrier.
post #124 of 127
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksm
Wow, we almost never beat Montreal in these lists.

Great trip LARon. I"ve really enjoyed following this one.

Thanks ksm, I'm glad you did; and I've been happy to share.
post #125 of 127
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Ron, after you get back home, settle down a bit, you need to post some of your favorite pictures here, the more the merrier.

Definitely will, VR. At times, it almost felt we were traveling together -- you just never showed up on time.
post #126 of 127
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl
It's my pleasure.

Regarding a refinement between Austrian and Hungarian people. Completely different setups in the mentality(mindset), allthough we are neighbours and share a precious history. Research e.g. Earl Andrassy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyula_Andr%C3%A1ssy

Let me know, when you'll visit "my" country. At least, I could be a proper tour guide


Will do; thank you for the kind invitation.
post #127 of 127
Thread Starter 
I've finally uploaded photos from my recent trip, and will gradually post the more interesting images. Today is Amsterdam:



















New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Travel log