Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD | NWT-INCOTEX Jeans Blue Light Wash Slim Fit size 29 Last post on 2/22/16 at 8:15pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF APR 6, 2015 Last post on 4/12/15 at 2:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Streetweat & Denim Last post on 2/15/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
can New Balance runners and jeans look good?? - Page 2post #17 of 526/24/12 at 10:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
Okay, from an anthropological standpoint you just want to fit in with the crowd. The key to most of those looks is that the shoes are a bright, solid colour. GQ likes to say "a 'pop' of colour" every five seconds because that is about as agreeable as it can be made to sound to the fashion-inclined heterosexual male of the here and now.
The shoes you linked to are not colourful. They are black and grey, and uglier than any of the ones in the photos you linked to. They won't make you look like those people. You want something in an obnoxious red/orange/yellow if you can pull it off, or a distinctive but not eye-searing shade of green/blue/purple otherwise. (The specific colour will depend on what else you wear.)
The plainer the actual shoe design, the better, as it's the colour you are really interested in -- which is why I think you should scotch the whole New Balance approach and just get a colourful shoe to achieve the same effect without becoming a walking billboard for a low-end, nerd-friendly brand whose enormous, artless logo should be a source of embarrassment and not pride.
(FYI, plenty of other "senior members" here like, or at least wear, NBs. But they look just as awful on them. )Sorry, you are in the wrong forum. Mens Clothing is the other side of the tracks. On this forum, people actually understand street wear and style trends that have been around a looooong time(New Balance) and worn with not only jeans, but shorts and all manner of bottoms.I think you would probably be better suited speaking on a subject that doesn't bring up your inner geezer quite like this one did.Perhaps you can find one discussing the latest Brooks Brothers ties collection or something along those lines, where you can talk all about GQ and how those "obnoxious" colors really "pop" etc......Then maybe you will find people who are more interested in fancy logos on their shoes, as to not promote a plain, lifeless logo such as the NB "N".post #18 of 526/25/12 at 8:43ampost #19 of 526/25/12 at 9:08amQuote:Originally Posted by rusty35
Hey people, need some advice..
lately new balance shoes are actually fashionable to wear with jeans
like this http://myfashiontricks.blogspot.jp/2011/11/street-stylenew-balance-mania.html
but the NB shoes i want to buy are a little bit more bulky (i want ones with more support because I have weak arches which roll in heaps on unsupportive shoes even though i wear orthotics)
These are the shoes I want to buy.... do you think I can pull off the same look as the guys in the above link???
Thanks in advance!!
PS i have already seen this article http://www.styleforum.net/t/39678/new-balance-with-jeans
so please dont just send me to it
THe NB that you want to buy are ugly...They are for running only..post #20 of 526/25/12 at 9:08ampost #21 of 526/25/12 at 11:38pmpost #22 of 526/26/12 at 12:16ampost #23 of 526/26/12 at 1:30ampost #24 of 526/26/12 at 1:33ampost #25 of 526/26/12 at 2:30ampost #26 of 526/26/12 at 2:36ampost #27 of 526/26/12 at 6:04ampost #28 of 526/26/12 at 7:22amQuote:
What are you, twelve years old?
I don't wear the shoes in question, but I do own a couple pairs of 574's and often wear them with denim, so do thousands of other people.
Please, stop acting like kids, and stop trying to defend a complete tool.
What he said, was useless and above all else, unnecessarily snide. He asked for the response he got, and he spammed my private messages relentlessly afterwards because he was so very upset about being told so.
Is this where I keep repeating some sort of mocking insult like a child would, to finish my post?
Please, tell me.post #29 of 526/26/12 at 8:54amhahaha this illiterate tool.
Nobody "asked for" anything and you sure as hell didn't deliver whatever it was you think they got.
No-one is defending anyone, you're just the noob who made a complete idiot of himself misunderstanding everything in sight.
"OMG you don't like my ugly cheap sneakers? Pretentious! You're pretentious!"
Just shut up, wear your awful looking sneakers in the best of health, and stop posting on styleforum.
OP asked a question and got an answer (from 50 different people).
/threadpost #30 of 526/26/12 at 12:14pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 15 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. Moto jacket. Size M, brand new. 24 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 33 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 34 minutes ago
- › Shoe Porn: Norvegese, Bentivegna, Goyser, BIG Stitch & BIG Welts ONLY! 36 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding