Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on Yesterday at 10:24 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Heavyweight Denim and Fall Weather Last post on 10/11/14 at 5:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:48 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- 1 Pair left! Cucinelli Lightweight Cotton Pants 52 / 36 Last post on 6/5/13 at 7:10pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
can New Balance runners and jeans look good?? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
Okay, from an anthropological standpoint you just want to fit in with the crowd. The key to most of those looks is that the shoes are a bright, solid colour. GQ likes to say "a 'pop' of colour" every five seconds because that is about as agreeable as it can be made to sound to the fashion-inclined heterosexual male of the here and now.
The shoes you linked to are not colourful. They are black and grey, and uglier than any of the ones in the photos you linked to. They won't make you look like those people. You want something in an obnoxious red/orange/yellow if you can pull it off, or a distinctive but not eye-searing shade of green/blue/purple otherwise. (The specific colour will depend on what else you wear.)
The plainer the actual shoe design, the better, as it's the colour you are really interested in -- which is why I think you should scotch the whole New Balance approach and just get a colourful shoe to achieve the same effect without becoming a walking billboard for a low-end, nerd-friendly brand whose enormous, artless logo should be a source of embarrassment and not pride.
(FYI, plenty of other "senior members" here like, or at least wear, NBs. But they look just as awful on them. )
Hey people, need some advice..
lately new balance shoes are actually fashionable to wear with jeans
like this http://myfashiontricks.blogspot.jp/2011/11/street-stylenew-balance-mania.html
but the NB shoes i want to buy are a little bit more bulky (i want ones with more support because I have weak arches which roll in heaps on unsupportive shoes even though i wear orthotics)
These are the shoes I want to buy.... do you think I can pull off the same look as the guys in the above link???
Thanks in advance!!
PS i have already seen this article http://www.styleforum.net/t/39678/new-balance-with-jeans
so please dont just send me to it
THe NB that you want to buy are ugly...They are for running only..
What are you, twelve years old?
I don't wear the shoes in question, but I do own a couple pairs of 574's and often wear them with denim, so do thousands of other people.
Please, stop acting like kids, and stop trying to defend a complete tool.
What he said, was useless and above all else, unnecessarily snide. He asked for the response he got, and he spammed my private messages relentlessly afterwards because he was so very upset about being told so.
Is this where I keep repeating some sort of mocking insult like a child would, to finish my post?
Please, tell me.
Nobody "asked for" anything and you sure as hell didn't deliver whatever it was you think they got.
No-one is defending anyone, you're just the noob who made a complete idiot of himself misunderstanding everything in sight.
"OMG you don't like my ugly cheap sneakers? Pretentious! You're pretentious!"
Just shut up, wear your awful looking sneakers in the best of health, and stop posting on styleforum.
OP asked a question and got an answer (from 50 different people).
- can New Balance runners and jeans look good??
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The Wide Fitting Shoe Trading Post (EEE / G width) 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Should I go with B. Nelson's or Alden's Restoration process? 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Clothes and Perception 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays