Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF APR 6, 2015 Last post on 4/12/15 at 2:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Streetweat & Denim Last post on 2/15/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
can New Balance runners and jeans look good?? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
Okay, from an anthropological standpoint you just want to fit in with the crowd. The key to most of those looks is that the shoes are a bright, solid colour. GQ likes to say "a 'pop' of colour" every five seconds because that is about as agreeable as it can be made to sound to the fashion-inclined heterosexual male of the here and now.
The shoes you linked to are not colourful. They are black and grey, and uglier than any of the ones in the photos you linked to. They won't make you look like those people. You want something in an obnoxious red/orange/yellow if you can pull it off, or a distinctive but not eye-searing shade of green/blue/purple otherwise. (The specific colour will depend on what else you wear.)
The plainer the actual shoe design, the better, as it's the colour you are really interested in -- which is why I think you should scotch the whole New Balance approach and just get a colourful shoe to achieve the same effect without becoming a walking billboard for a low-end, nerd-friendly brand whose enormous, artless logo should be a source of embarrassment and not pride.
(FYI, plenty of other "senior members" here like, or at least wear, NBs. But they look just as awful on them. )
Hey people, need some advice..
lately new balance shoes are actually fashionable to wear with jeans
like this http://myfashiontricks.blogspot.jp/2011/11/street-stylenew-balance-mania.html
but the NB shoes i want to buy are a little bit more bulky (i want ones with more support because I have weak arches which roll in heaps on unsupportive shoes even though i wear orthotics)
These are the shoes I want to buy.... do you think I can pull off the same look as the guys in the above link???
Thanks in advance!!
PS i have already seen this article http://www.styleforum.net/t/39678/new-balance-with-jeans
so please dont just send me to it
THe NB that you want to buy are ugly...They are for running only..
What are you, twelve years old?
I don't wear the shoes in question, but I do own a couple pairs of 574's and often wear them with denim, so do thousands of other people.
Please, stop acting like kids, and stop trying to defend a complete tool.
What he said, was useless and above all else, unnecessarily snide. He asked for the response he got, and he spammed my private messages relentlessly afterwards because he was so very upset about being told so.
Is this where I keep repeating some sort of mocking insult like a child would, to finish my post?
Please, tell me.
Nobody "asked for" anything and you sure as hell didn't deliver whatever it was you think they got.
No-one is defending anyone, you're just the noob who made a complete idiot of himself misunderstanding everything in sight.
"OMG you don't like my ugly cheap sneakers? Pretentious! You're pretentious!"
Just shut up, wear your awful looking sneakers in the best of health, and stop posting on styleforum.
OP asked a question and got an answer (from 50 different people).
- can New Balance runners and jeans look good??
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Uniqlo x Lemaire FW2015 thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 15 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 19 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 33 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 35 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 52 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 56 minutes ago
- › Colombo cashmere scarf 58 minutes ago
- › Dark blue Borsalino Fedora hat 59 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...