Compared to last night w/o any polish:
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a versatile dress shoe Last post on 7/7/12 at 4:10pm in Classic Menswear
- What is the actual color of these Allen Edmonds Bel Air? Last post on 6/14/12 at 12:58am in Classic Menswear
- Factory seconds that have patinated differently: acceptable? Last post on 6/16/12 at 3:00am in Classic Menswear
- best square-toed shoes Last post on 11/10/13 at 12:25am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Neumora - swing and a miss Last post on 6/5/12 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Can This be Fixed? (Lighter vs Darker Shoe) - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
Got these shipped to me, and clearly one has been exposed for quite some time to lighting as a floor model. Any suggestions?
I plan on trying to lighten the other shoe w/ natural sunlight, but maybe there's a better way, as in darkening the floor model safely?
FYI the original color is Chestnut
Send them back and get a replacement. Darken the lighter shoe or put the darker opne in the sun and wait about 2 years
This is what happens when you buy discounted stuff. There's a reason things are on sale or 2nds even if to your untrained eye it's not apparent. Just buy a new pair of shoes in a brand you can afford and stop trying to live Large when you're a pauper or some HS kid.
enjoy getting your head ripped off by an ex marine (??) (army trained beefcake).
I had similar situation on a pair of amber color shoes. I have polished them for last 12 months . But still one looks slightly different to other. In last 12 months I have polished them over 20-30 times. I also have a pair of shell with the same issue. I haven’t even bothered after 5/6 polishes. If the price is good keep them. But you will always see the difference.
BTW my shell pair I took them to cobbler and he said its not possible to polish and change color in shell.
Do you mean this? Because that's a cream... also, what about trying some neatsfoot oil to darken the shoe? Says the Renovateur has neatsfoot in it, so perhaps neatsfoot alone will do the trick, I dunno....
- Can This be Fixed? (Lighter vs Darker Shoe)
Styleforum Top Picks
- › CHHAT POOJA 09988279155 Online Love problem Solutin Baba 3 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 4 minutes ago
- › I get on my nerves like right here 4 minutes ago
- › + 9 1 - 9 9 8 8 2 7 9 1 5 5 Online love problem solution baba 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 14 minutes ago
- › Love 09988279155 Online love problem solution baba 15 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 18 minutes ago
- › Carmina GMTO 21 minutes ago
- › Fjallraven Timber Buck Hunting/Shooting/Hiking 3-1 Jacket Size Small 25 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan