or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best bespoke service of world
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best bespoke service of world - Page 6

post #76 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i thought you were made of hubris.
corbera
45% vicuna
18% cashmere
7% snark
12% black dot
11% hubris
21% youtube
i think the math adds up

Snark % seems low.
post #77 of 147
^ happy.gif
post #78 of 147
Thread Starter 

Well, I will need something like 6-8 suits, I am looking for something classic but as I am thin I think a sharp cut will work fine.

 

I took a time to read some opinions in past threads, next month I will be in London, so I will start with Huntsman and A&S and probably check Kiton and Brioni stores too.

 

Thank you for the answers.

post #79 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Snark percentage seems low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Snark % seems low.

hmmmm, indeed it seems i miscalculated. adjusted numbers below.


1 corbera

32% vicuna
15% cashmere
23% snark
11% black dot
7% hubris
12% youtube

i think the math still adds up. smile.gif
post #80 of 147

If you're looking at Huntsman and A&S in London, you could also check out Richard Anderson (ex-Huntsman) and Steed (ex-A&S), both of whom are mentioned in clothing forums as well.

 

And if you do go through with it, I'd love to see some photos.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddock View Post

Well, I will need something like 6-8 suits, I am looking for something classic but as I am thin I think a sharp cut will work fine.

 

I took a time to read some opinions in past threads, next month I will be in London, so I will start with Huntsman and A&S and probably check Kiton and Brioni stores too.

 

Thank you for the answers.

post #81 of 147
post #82 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddock View Post

, so I will start with Huntsman and A&S and probably check Kiton and Brioni stores too.

Thank you for the answers.

Interesting the choices you made. They are all such different silhouettes with differing looks and methods of construction.
post #83 of 147
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post


Interesting the choices you made. They are all such different silhouettes with differing looks and methods of construction.

 

I didn't make any choices yet, I will try out this ones first, and so see what fits me better.As I will take 6-8 suits, I think is reasonable to get different looks, maybe I will split this order with 3 tailors, 2 british and 1 italian.

post #84 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraiche View Post

The legendary:
http://robbreport.com/Fashion/Scott-Hill-Returns-to-Los-Angeles-Scene

Is this some sort of a work release program?
post #85 of 147
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballmouse View Post

If you're looking at Huntsman and A&S in London, you could also check out Richard Anderson (ex-Huntsman) and Steed (ex-A&S), both of whom are mentioned in clothing forums as well.

 

And if you do go through with it, I'd love to see some photos.

 

 

Ballmouse, does Richard Anderson and Steed offer a great price/quality compared to Huntsman and A&S? 

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post


Interesting the choices you made. They are all such different silhouettes with differing looks and methods of construction.

 

Despos, I didn't make any choices yet, I just will start for this ones and check which fits me better.Anyways, I will probably take 6-8 suits, so I think is rassonable to split the order, I might get 4 british and 2 italian, don't know exactly yet.

post #86 of 147
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballmouse View Post

If you're looking at Huntsman and A&S in London, you could also check out Richard Anderson (ex-Huntsman) and Steed (ex-A&S), both of whom are mentioned in clothing forums as well.

 

And if you do go through with it, I'd love to see some photos.

 

 

Ballmouse, does Richard Anderson and Steed offer a great Price/Quality compared to Huntsman and A&S?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post


Interesting the choices you made. They are all such different silhouettes with differing looks and methods of construction.

 

Despos, I didn't make any choices yet, I just will start for this ones and check which fits me better.Anyways, I will probably take 6-8 suits, so I think is rassonable to split the order, I might get 4 british and 2 italian, don't know exactly yet.

post #87 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post

Interesting the choices you made. They are all such different silhouettes with differing looks and methods of construction.

Not if you get them altogether in one room. Then, they become a Dream Team, like the opening credits in The Six Million Dollar Man.

Just imagine it: a suit with every feature. A fly with buttons and zipper. Center vent? Yes...but side vents, too. Soft shoulders with military flair.

Turnback cuffs so expertly sewn that the naked eye can't see them...you need a microscope!

A high powered one, the kind from Germany.
post #88 of 147
If you went to London and have lots of dough, go to Anderson & Sheppard in Savile Row you dig! For shirts, Turnbull & Asser. Also they got T&A in NYC and Los Angeles as well. smile.gif
post #89 of 147

If I get a customer asking for 6 or 8 suits, I would encourage them to try 1 especially if the supposedly have not had bespoke suits before. Someone who comes into a tailoring room and orders 6 or 8 suits would usually be too good to be true

post #90 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Not if you get them altogether in one room. Then, they become a Dream Team, like the opening credits in The Six Million Dollar Man.
Just imagine it: a suit with every feature. A fly with buttons and zipper. Center vent? Yes...but side vents, too. Soft shoulders with military flair.
Turnback cuffs so expertly sewn that the naked eye can't see them...you need a microscope!
A high powered one, the kind from Germany.

can you have cuffs AND no cuffs?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best bespoke service of world