Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 2:16 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR 23, 2015 Last post on 3/31/15 at 11:00am in Classic Menswear
- San Francisco Bay Area, SF, Styleforum Meetup Hosted by Khaki's Of Carmel- Ring Jacket... Last post on 4/26/15 at 9:10pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Burgundy suits, yea or nay? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 396/22/12 at 2:22ampost #18 of 396/22/12 at 2:23ampost #19 of 396/22/12 at 2:59ampost #20 of 396/22/12 at 4:20ampost #21 of 396/22/12 at 4:29ampost #22 of 396/22/12 at 5:12ampost #23 of 396/22/12 at 8:01ampost #24 of 396/22/12 at 8:06ampost #25 of 396/22/12 at 8:10ampost #26 of 396/22/12 at 8:12amThread Starterpost #27 of 396/22/12 at 8:13am
I would say it's an acceptable color, but hard to pull off (unless you are Ryan Gosling).
I would go as dark as humanly possible, with a very sleek cut. Too bold and boxy and you're going to look like Ron Burgundy.
I also liked it much better as a blazer, the full suit is more difficult to wear right, I think. Blazer's are a lot more forgiving in the color department and allows for more adventurousness.post #28 of 396/22/12 at 8:25ampost #29 of 396/22/12 at 8:44amQuote:
With your epic windowpane DB suit, and consistently colorful fits of fearlessness, I'm shocked to hear of your apprehension to wear burgundy. In addition to this, I find you look much better in darker colors than lighter, so this type of suit would work for your propensity for color and it would work with your skin tone very well.
Just do it already!
Edited by IrateCustomer - 6/22/12 at 9:16am
- Burgundy suits, yea or nay?
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 41 seconds ago
- › NONNATIVE - LOGGER KNIT GOWN - CHARCOAL - SIZE 1 (SMALL) 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Most shoes for the money? 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan