Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 7/21/15 at 3:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 6:55 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Burgundy suits, yea or nay? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 396/22/12 at 2:22ampost #18 of 396/22/12 at 2:23ampost #19 of 396/22/12 at 2:59ampost #20 of 396/22/12 at 4:20ampost #21 of 396/22/12 at 4:29ampost #22 of 396/22/12 at 5:12ampost #23 of 396/22/12 at 8:01ampost #24 of 396/22/12 at 8:06ampost #25 of 396/22/12 at 8:10ampost #26 of 396/22/12 at 8:12amThread Starterpost #27 of 396/22/12 at 8:13am
I would say it's an acceptable color, but hard to pull off (unless you are Ryan Gosling).
I would go as dark as humanly possible, with a very sleek cut. Too bold and boxy and you're going to look like Ron Burgundy.
I also liked it much better as a blazer, the full suit is more difficult to wear right, I think. Blazer's are a lot more forgiving in the color department and allows for more adventurousness.post #28 of 396/22/12 at 8:25ampost #29 of 396/22/12 at 8:44amQuote:
With your epic windowpane DB suit, and consistently colorful fits of fearlessness, I'm shocked to hear of your apprehension to wear burgundy. In addition to this, I find you look much better in darker colors than lighter, so this type of suit would work for your propensity for color and it would work with your skin tone very well.
Just do it already!
Edited by IrateCustomer - 6/22/12 at 9:16am
- Burgundy suits, yea or nay?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 9 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 12 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Shell Cordovan captoe boots 8.5D Tassels HK special edition 19 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...