Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Luigi Borrelli Suit - 48 IT ~ 38 US Last post on 12/11/13 at 8:08am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Phineas Cole Suit - 38/32 Last post on 12/11/13 at 7:52am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Burgundy suits, yea or nay? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 396/22/12 at 2:22ampost #18 of 396/22/12 at 2:23ampost #19 of 396/22/12 at 2:59ampost #20 of 396/22/12 at 4:20ampost #21 of 396/22/12 at 4:29ampost #22 of 396/22/12 at 5:12ampost #23 of 396/22/12 at 8:01ampost #24 of 396/22/12 at 8:06ampost #25 of 396/22/12 at 8:10ampost #26 of 396/22/12 at 8:12amThread Starterpost #27 of 396/22/12 at 8:13am
I would say it's an acceptable color, but hard to pull off (unless you are Ryan Gosling).
I would go as dark as humanly possible, with a very sleek cut. Too bold and boxy and you're going to look like Ron Burgundy.
I also liked it much better as a blazer, the full suit is more difficult to wear right, I think. Blazer's are a lot more forgiving in the color department and allows for more adventurousness.post #28 of 396/22/12 at 8:25ampost #29 of 396/22/12 at 8:44amQuote:
With your epic windowpane DB suit, and consistently colorful fits of fearlessness, I'm shocked to hear of your apprehension to wear burgundy. In addition to this, I find you look much better in darker colors than lighter, so this type of suit would work for your propensity for color and it would work with your skin tone very well.
Just do it already!
Edited by IrateCustomer - 6/22/12 at 9:16am
- Burgundy suits, yea or nay?
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 13 minutes ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 14 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 17 minutes ago
- › The Hand Sewn Buttonhole Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 18 minutes ago
- › Looking for a proxy in the Netherlands. 19 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)