Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- GREY/GRAY FRIDAY CHALLENGE 30th October 2015 Last post on 11/4/15 at 4:27am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Burgundy suits, yea or nay? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 396/22/12 at 2:22ampost #18 of 396/22/12 at 2:23ampost #19 of 396/22/12 at 2:59ampost #20 of 396/22/12 at 4:20ampost #21 of 396/22/12 at 4:29ampost #22 of 396/22/12 at 5:12ampost #23 of 396/22/12 at 8:01ampost #24 of 396/22/12 at 8:06ampost #25 of 396/22/12 at 8:10ampost #26 of 396/22/12 at 8:12amThread Starterpost #27 of 396/22/12 at 8:13am
I would say it's an acceptable color, but hard to pull off (unless you are Ryan Gosling).
I would go as dark as humanly possible, with a very sleek cut. Too bold and boxy and you're going to look like Ron Burgundy.
I also liked it much better as a blazer, the full suit is more difficult to wear right, I think. Blazer's are a lot more forgiving in the color department and allows for more adventurousness.post #28 of 396/22/12 at 8:25ampost #29 of 396/22/12 at 8:44amQuote:
With your epic windowpane DB suit, and consistently colorful fits of fearlessness, I'm shocked to hear of your apprehension to wear burgundy. In addition to this, I find you look much better in darker colors than lighter, so this type of suit would work for your propensity for color and it would work with your skin tone very well.
Just do it already!
Edited by IrateCustomer - 6/22/12 at 9:16am
- Burgundy suits, yea or nay?
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Hair Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent FW 13 Skinny Leather pants 13 minutes ago
- › Denims 23 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 24 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 41 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.