Call me old-fashioned but I still prefer wearing a real watch and using my brain to remember things. Both work great and no batteries required.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Matching Metals Last post on 8/21/12 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Modest Watch Question Last post on 6/15/12 at 7:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: IWC Small Portuguese - Ref. 3531 Last post on 5/25/11 at 3:52am in FS: Other (Archive)
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
What do you guys think of not wearing a watch? - Page 7post #91 of 977/6/12 at 11:24pmpost #92 of 977/7/12 at 12:24ampost #93 of 977/7/12 at 4:22ampost #94 of 977/7/12 at 5:49amLIL (and not specifically to the last thread). I'm naked without my watch and given that my manufacturing plant can be rough on attire (think potential splashes of oil on shirts & trousers), a watch gives me the ability to wear something different, sometimes better but typically unique. Since this thread has begun, I've started observing those who wear and those who don't. Quite frankly, in my small world, the results are all over the map. Not wearing a watch does not equate to being late for meetings. Wearing a watch does not equate to maturity in actions.
Damn it, it seems there is no rhyme or reason to wearing or not wearing a watch, so, can it be, just a personal preference?post #95 of 977/7/12 at 6:26ampost #96 of 977/7/12 at 7:14amQuote:
I assume you've never had to work in or visit something like an oil refinery, gas terminal, chemical works or anywhere else where there is a significant risk of explosion? Usually these places will order you to leave your phone and other electronic items at the gatehouse, in your personal locker or in your vehicle, along with things like lighters and matches.
Note the words "PROHIBITED" and "TURNED OFF". In many of these places if security catches you playing with or just checking the time with your phone, you're likely to be in very serious trouble. Same with many hospitals, especially if you're in or near intensive care, caught with a phone in your hand, you could be in trouble. I'm actually referring to the UK, but I suspect it's the same for the US.
BTW talking about China, phones must be OFF on flights here, no flight mode allowed, no argument. No watch? hope the person next to you has the correct time.
Edited by MikeDT - 7/7/12 at 7:26ampost #97 of 977/7/12 at 7:25amQuote:
When were you last in the UK? I work for the NHS IT, we give the doctors tablet PCs to take clinical notes on, and the whole place has wireless.
That "turn your phone off in hospitals" is way old.
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Currently, there are 1088 Active Users (175 Members and 913 Guests)
- › Things you just don't get 20 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 15 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 20 minutes ago
- › BNWT Orazio Luciano La Vera Sartoria Napoletana 100% Linen Sport... 21 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 24 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 30 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...