I'm there also. I've got to start paying attention to arrival time at meetings to determine which group, "The watch wearers" or "The other ones" are consistently on time.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Matching Metals Last post on 8/21/12 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Modest Watch Question Last post on 6/15/12 at 7:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- FS: IWC Small Portuguese - Ref. 3531 Last post on 5/25/11 at 3:52am in FS: Other (Archive)
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
What do you guys think of not wearing a watch? - Page 6post #76 of 976/27/12 at 6:05pmpost #77 of 976/27/12 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #78 of 977/4/12 at 6:28ampost #79 of 977/4/12 at 6:32ampost #80 of 977/4/12 at 10:38amQuote:
It is good to be out of the closet. Any watch in silver or gold will compliment any dress.Quote:Actually watch is not looking good in full sleeve T-shirts, it looks good when you wear a half sleeve T-shirt or shirt with shorts.post #81 of 977/4/12 at 12:46pmpost #82 of 977/4/12 at 1:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by lee_44106
You can choose not to wear a watch, but keep in mind that it's the watch that will identify you into an iGent category.
In light of the fact that everyone is wearing a soft-shouldered, minimally padded, spalla camicaca jacket, paired with a grenadine tie in a FIH configuration, while rocking flat front pants with 2" cuffs and a pair of double monks (unstrapped of course for maximum sprezz), the watch is the only thing to tell us whether you are a wanna-be or a true baller.
So ask yourself, are you satisfied with being a wanna-be?
Wonderful point. Watch tells how good a man is at fashion. I have actually made a habit of wearing it now.post #83 of 977/4/12 at 1:46pmpost #84 of 977/4/12 at 4:50pmpost #85 of 977/4/12 at 5:38pmpost #86 of 977/4/12 at 5:42pmpost #87 of 977/4/12 at 6:04pmpost #88 of 977/4/12 at 6:45pmpost #89 of 977/4/12 at 10:53pm
I have been wearing watches since I was 8 or so (I am now 41) and feel naked without one. Must be a generational thing.
Don't forget cufflinks. I have one set (from Token & Icons) which is made from miniature watch movements, and Tateossian has fully functional watch-cufflinks.Quote:Originally Posted by add911_11
I do wear a watch for time because I am using a shitty phone, the one which don't show time on display but only in the system.
Expensive watches does worth the money, when you can pass on to the next generation and they definitely will wear it. Unlike many another things which needs a lot of money to maintain
You must be joking. Mechanical watches require periodic overhauls, which can be very expensive (I paid nearly $1000 for the last one on my IWC Flieger, although the cost of replacing a leather bracelet certainly factored in it).post #90 of 977/6/12 at 12:18pm
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 10 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Dover in E82 Last; Size 8.5/9 UK; Dark Oak Have Been... 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...