I'm there also. I've got to start paying attention to arrival time at meetings to determine which group, "The watch wearers" or "The other ones" are consistently on time.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Matching Metals Last post on 8/21/12 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Modest Watch Question Last post on 6/15/12 at 7:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- FS: IWC Small Portuguese - Ref. 3531 Last post on 5/25/11 at 3:52am in FS: Other (Archive)
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
What do you guys think of not wearing a watch? - Page 6post #76 of 976/27/12 at 6:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #77 of 976/27/12 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #78 of 977/4/12 at 6:28ampost #79 of 977/4/12 at 6:32ampost #80 of 977/4/12 at 10:38amQuote:
It is good to be out of the closet. Any watch in silver or gold will compliment any dress.Quote:Actually watch is not looking good in full sleeve T-shirts, it looks good when you wear a half sleeve T-shirt or shirt with shorts.post #81 of 977/4/12 at 12:46pmpost #82 of 977/4/12 at 1:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by lee_44106
You can choose not to wear a watch, but keep in mind that it's the watch that will identify you into an iGent category.
In light of the fact that everyone is wearing a soft-shouldered, minimally padded, spalla camicaca jacket, paired with a grenadine tie in a FIH configuration, while rocking flat front pants with 2" cuffs and a pair of double monks (unstrapped of course for maximum sprezz), the watch is the only thing to tell us whether you are a wanna-be or a true baller.
So ask yourself, are you satisfied with being a wanna-be?
Wonderful point. Watch tells how good a man is at fashion. I have actually made a habit of wearing it now.post #83 of 977/4/12 at 1:46pmpost #84 of 977/4/12 at 4:50pmpost #85 of 977/4/12 at 5:38pmpost #86 of 977/4/12 at 5:42pmpost #87 of 977/4/12 at 6:04pmpost #88 of 977/4/12 at 6:45pmpost #89 of 977/4/12 at 10:53pm
I have been wearing watches since I was 8 or so (I am now 41) and feel naked without one. Must be a generational thing.
Don't forget cufflinks. I have one set (from Token & Icons) which is made from miniature watch movements, and Tateossian has fully functional watch-cufflinks.Quote:Originally Posted by add911_11
I do wear a watch for time because I am using a shitty phone, the one which don't show time on display but only in the system.
Expensive watches does worth the money, when you can pass on to the next generation and they definitely will wear it. Unlike many another things which needs a lot of money to maintain
You must be joking. Mechanical watches require periodic overhauls, which can be very expensive (I paid nearly $1000 for the last one on my IWC Flieger, although the cost of replacing a leather bracelet certainly factored in it).
- What do you guys think of not wearing a watch?
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 39 seconds ago
- › Meermin Dark Brown Calf Captoe - New - 7 UK 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed 3 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...