Loads of people wear watches just for time. Yeah people like to have stylish watches and expensive watches but the same can be said for shoes. We all (nearly all) need to wear shoes but some people choose to get fashionable ones and spend a lot of money on them. Its not simply a piece of jewellery (jewelry). Long live the watches!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Matching Metals Last post on 8/21/12 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Modest Watch Question Last post on 6/15/12 at 7:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- FS: IWC Small Portuguese - Ref. 3531 Last post on 5/25/11 at 3:52am in FS: Other (Archive)
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
What do you guys think of not wearing a watch? - Page 3post #31 of 976/22/12 at 2:28ampost #32 of 976/22/12 at 2:30amHave always worn a watch - feel nude without one. But it really isn't that big a deal. How do you know the time if you don't though? Unless you're one of those fannies who won't leave their mobile phone alone for more than a minute and always puts it ostentatiously on the table in the pub, that is.post #33 of 976/22/12 at 6:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Oleg
Have always worn a watch - feel nude without one. But it really isn't that big a deal. How do you know the time if you don't though? Unless you're one of those fannies who won't leave their mobile phone alone for more than a minute and always puts it ostentatiously on the table in the pub, that is.
Not always a good idea, especially when your precious iPhone 4S goes swimming in a puddle of Yanjing Beer.post #34 of 976/22/12 at 6:41ampost #35 of 976/22/12 at 7:40ampost #36 of 976/22/12 at 7:42amQuote:Life is pain.Originally Posted by Dolle DolfQuote:I honestly don't get that. Wristwatches were invented/came in to widespread use because people found it easier to look at their wrist than to flip their cellphone pocket watch out. And now, in the age of technology, people are reverting to that kind of behaviour. You can't tell me that getting your cell phone out of your pocket, or holster, pressing a little button to light the display, looking, then pressing the locking button agian, and then putting the thing back into your pocket, is more convenient than a quick glance at your wrist?If I'm carrying a phone that tells time, what's the point of having a watch ?
Situations where my phone is not in my pocket are also likely to be situations where I don't care about what time it is, so watches are just jewelery to me. In my office I can see the time on 3 different devices without turning my head. I think I can safely spare myself the tan line.post #37 of 976/22/12 at 7:48ampost #38 of 976/22/12 at 7:57ampost #39 of 976/22/12 at 8:01ampost #40 of 976/22/12 at 8:05ampost #41 of 976/22/12 at 8:48amQuote:This. I like to be able to just look at my wrist to tell the time, rather than having to pull my phone out my pocket. Also, using a phone to tell the time is kinda like wearing a graphic t-shirt; it serves it's purpose but it has no class.Originally Posted by Oleg
Have always worn a watch - feel nude without one. But it really isn't that big a deal. How do you know the time if you don't though? Unless you're one of those fannies who won't leave their mobile phone alone for more than a minute and always puts it ostentatiously on the table in the pub, that is.post #42 of 976/22/12 at 8:52amI do wear a watch for time because I am using a shitty phone, the one which don't show time on display but only in the system.
Expensive watches does worth the money, when you can pass on to the next generation and they definitely will wear it. Unlike many another things which needs a lot of money to maintainpost #43 of 976/22/12 at 9:29ampost #44 of 976/22/12 at 12:01pmQuote:
The point is that extending your arm and discreetly pulling back your sleeve to glimpse a classic wristwatch is a much more elegant movement than fishing around in your pocket (or, God forbid, your belt-mounted holster) for a mobile phone.post #45 of 976/22/12 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by lee_44106
You can choose not to wear a watch, but keep in mind that it's the watch that will identify you into an iGent category.
In light of the fact that everyone is wearing a soft-shouldered, minimally padded, spalla camicaca jacket, paired with a grenadine tie in a FIH configuration, while rocking flat front pants with 2" cuffs and a pair of double monks (unstrapped of course for maximum sprezz), the watch is the only thing to tell us whether you are a wanna-be or a true baller.
So ask yourself, are you satisfied with being a wanna-be?
This is the most compelling argument against wearing a watch I have seen so far.
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Currently, there are 1426 Active Users (309 Members and 1117 Guests)
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 seconds ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 44 seconds ago
- › When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale? 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Our Legacy 2 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 2 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Should I taper those jeans? 6 minutes ago
- › Dress shoe opinions 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding