If you are totally well-dressed from head to toe, is it possible to be up to the style forum standards (insert chuckle here) without wearing a watch? I actually prefer not to wear one sometimes, but I wonder if this is a bad idea.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Matching Metals Last post on 8/21/12 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Modest Watch Question Last post on 6/15/12 at 7:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- FS: IWC Small Portuguese - Ref. 3531 Last post on 5/25/11 at 3:52am in FS: Other (Archive)
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
What do you guys think of not wearing a watch?post #1 of 976/21/12 at 1:46pmThread Starterpost #2 of 976/21/12 at 2:00pmI don't wear one. I am actually in between watches. I sold my last one a few months ago and have meant to get another one but haven't found the time (or the money). Honestly nothing has caught my eye. So, in the meantime, my wrist remains naked. I'm sure I'll be back in the watch game soon enough. Actually planning on restoring one of my grandfather's pieces in the near future I think.post #3 of 976/21/12 at 2:06pmpost #4 of 976/21/12 at 2:08pmpost #5 of 976/21/12 at 2:10pmpost #6 of 976/21/12 at 2:14pmThread Starterpost #7 of 976/21/12 at 2:19pmpost #8 of 976/21/12 at 2:21pmpost #9 of 976/21/12 at 2:27pmpost #10 of 976/21/12 at 2:29pmpost #11 of 976/21/12 at 2:58pmpost #12 of 976/21/12 at 3:24pmpost #13 of 976/21/12 at 3:30pmThread Starterpost #14 of 976/21/12 at 5:55pmpost #15 of 976/21/12 at 5:56pmYou can choose not to wear a watch, but keep in mind that it's the watch that will identify you into an iGent category.
In light of the fact that everyone is wearing a soft-shouldered, minimally padded, spalla camicaca jacket, paired with a grenadine tie in a FIH configuration, while rocking flat front pants with 2" cuffs and a pair of double monks (unstrapped of course for maximum sprezz), the watch is the only thing to tell us whether you are a wanna-be or a true baller.
So ask yourself, are you satisfied with being a wanna-be?
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Currently, there are 1825 Active Users (355 Members and 1470 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 seconds ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › BNIB Meermin Black Oxford 9.5UK 5 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 9 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 13 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...