If you are totally well-dressed from head to toe, is it possible to be up to the style forum standards (insert chuckle here) without wearing a watch? I actually prefer not to wear one sometimes, but I wonder if this is a bad idea.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Matching Metals Last post on 8/21/12 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Modest Watch Question Last post on 6/15/12 at 7:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- FS: IWC Small Portuguese - Ref. 3531 Last post on 5/25/11 at 3:52am in FS: Other (Archive)
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
What do you guys think of not wearing a watch?post #1 of 976/21/12 at 1:46pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 976/21/12 at 2:00pmI don't wear one. I am actually in between watches. I sold my last one a few months ago and have meant to get another one but haven't found the time (or the money). Honestly nothing has caught my eye. So, in the meantime, my wrist remains naked. I'm sure I'll be back in the watch game soon enough. Actually planning on restoring one of my grandfather's pieces in the near future I think.post #3 of 976/21/12 at 2:06pmpost #4 of 976/21/12 at 2:08pmpost #5 of 976/21/12 at 2:10pmpost #6 of 976/21/12 at 2:14pmThread Starterpost #7 of 976/21/12 at 2:19pmpost #8 of 976/21/12 at 2:21pmpost #9 of 976/21/12 at 2:27pmpost #10 of 976/21/12 at 2:29pmpost #11 of 976/21/12 at 2:58pmpost #12 of 976/21/12 at 3:24pmpost #13 of 976/21/12 at 3:30pmThread Starterpost #14 of 976/21/12 at 5:55pmpost #15 of 976/21/12 at 5:56pmYou can choose not to wear a watch, but keep in mind that it's the watch that will identify you into an iGent category.
In light of the fact that everyone is wearing a soft-shouldered, minimally padded, spalla camicaca jacket, paired with a grenadine tie in a FIH configuration, while rocking flat front pants with 2" cuffs and a pair of double monks (unstrapped of course for maximum sprezz), the watch is the only thing to tell us whether you are a wanna-be or a true baller.
So ask yourself, are you satisfied with being a wanna-be?
- What do you guys think of not wearing a watch?
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Currently, there are 1681 Active Users (335 Members and 1346 Guests)
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Oxford US Size 10 D roughout 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Alden X Epaulet "Bregenz" Alpine Grain NST Bluchers on Commando... 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 6 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?