or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 67

post #991 of 9813
I see, unluckily I lack the comparison with similiar fabrics.
Anyways, thank you a lot for the hint.
Curious what Luxire/Theresa has to say on this topic.
post #992 of 9813
Thread Starter 

I would be in awe of the person who can touch and say what the fabric is made of and where.

 

Cotton/Synthetic: Best to get a lab test done. It is not expensive. All our fabrics are 100% cotton, except the linen and hemp ones.

A lab would also be able to test the count and construction of the fabric.  Will be glad to assist anyone who would like to have any fabrics tested.

 

Feel: There are different types of yarn finishing then there are different types of fabric weave, construction and then there are different types of fabric finishing. The same count fabric would feel different depending on how it has been woven and how it has been finished. They would feel world apart.  

 

The doubt could possibly have been cleared if the tailor had brought out another Mont bunch and compared the fabrics in the 2 bunches.

 

I am not surprised by the customer finding a difference in the feel and thus raising a question, but certainly surprised by the tailor following suit.

 

The fabrics are branded only with the name of the mill they are from. We have our own verification process and follow it stringently.

 

Do feel free to raise any other questions you have in mind. We pride in our business ethics and would be more than happy to clear any doubts that may arise.

post #993 of 9813
Thread Starter 

3 New Linen Options: Black, Denim-like Blue, and Grey Stripes.

 

Yellow Classic Oxford and 5 New Seersucker options

 

post #994 of 9813

What would you say is your best fabric for an OCBD (gets that awesome washed look with age); and the best fabric for a casual 'denim-like/chambray' (more workwear-looking)?

EDIT:

Sorry poorly worded :P Request if I should explain something with more detail :)

post #995 of 9813
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

What would you say is your best fabric for an OCBD (gets that awesome washed look with age); and the best fabric for a casual 'denim-like/chambray' (more workwear-looking)?

EDIT:

Sorry poorly worded :P Request if I should explain something with more detail :)

 

All of those classic oxfords - The warzone whites, the blue, sky blue, yellow, pink, the many oxford stripes - will all age very well and keep aging for ages.

If choosing one, it would be the Warzone plus white Oxford.

 

My favorite denim like chambray is Navy Chambray. We also have a few "real" denim in lighter weight. Perfect for work-wear.

 

post #996 of 9813
Here are pictures of a deconstructed (No padding, wadding, canvas, horsehair, etc. Just a bit of lining at the shoulder.) cotton jacket Luxire made for me:

AppleMarkAppleMarkAppleMark

The button on my right shirt sleeve has come loose, so the cuff fell a bit.

And a pic of the construction:
AppleMark

For a first jacket, it's very well done. I'm sending some fabric to have made into a couple more. The only things I'd like changed are a tighter neck, wider lapels, slightly wider sleeves, and maybe slightly lowered lower patch pockets.
post #997 of 9813
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
Feel: There are different types of yarn finishing then there are different types of fabric weave, construction and then there are different types of fabric finishing. The same count fabric would feel different depending on how it has been woven and how it has been finished. They would feel world apart.  

 

The doubt could possibly have been cleared if the tailor had brought out another Mont bunch and compared the fabrics in the 2 bunches.

 

We actually tested all the Monti 140/2 from several bunches and they all felt "better, softer" than mine.

 

I agree that they feel different. However, I've never felt a 140/2 feel so rough than the white blue pinstripe I got (http://luxire.com/products/white-blue-pinstripe)

 

Lab test is an option if I find a lab closer to home than the usual one in India.

 

Thanks for your answer

post #998 of 9813
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

AppleMarkAppleMarkAppleMark

That's pretty darn sexy; well done MteaM :)

post #999 of 9813
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

Here are pictures of a deconstructed (No padding, wadding, canvas, horsehair, etc. Just a bit of lining at the shoulder.) cotton jacket Luxire made for me:

AppleMarkAppleMarkAppleMark

The button on my right shirt sleeve has come loose, so the cuff fell a bit.

And a pic of the construction:
AppleMark

For a first jacket, it's very well done. I'm sending some fabric to have made into a couple more. The only things I'd like changed are a tighter neck, wider lapels, slightly wider sleeves, and maybe slightly lowered lower patch pockets.


Thank you m. I like the way it looks. Excellent choice!

post #1000 of 9813
Thread Starter 

 

Our standard English Collar on a Green Mini Gingham.

 

 

 

Detachable Vintage Collar. Made stiff and true to period.

post #1001 of 9813
Wow that jacket looks great. Some fit issues, as is to be expected, but still. Any chances for some close-up pics of the handwork?
How much fabric is needed for a jacket if one does CMT?
post #1002 of 9813
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

Here are pictures of a deconstructed (No padding, wadding, canvas, horsehair, etc. Just a bit of lining at the shoulder.) cotton jacket Luxire made for me:

AppleMarkAppleMarkAppleMark

The button on my right shirt sleeve has come loose, so the cuff fell a bit.

It looks like Luxire did a great job on the jacket, but my take is that both your shirt sleeves and your jacket sleeves are too short (though the shirt cuff to jacket cuff ratio looks spot on) .

The position they end at in your pic with arms hanging is where you'd want them to be when your arm is extended, I'd worry that they are both going to be another 1"-2" up your arm when you're doing anything else. Yes, yes, the length seems to indicate you're going to that "shorter jacket" look - if so, ok fine; it is a casual jacket after all, but short sleeves regardless of jacket style would bug me.
post #1003 of 9813
Is anyone else seeing themselves in a Luxire seersucker suit?
post #1004 of 9813
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux View Post

 

We actually tested all the Monti 140/2 from several bunches and they all felt "better, softer" than mine.

 

I agree that they feel different. However, I've never felt a 140/2 feel so rough than the white blue pinstripe I got (http://luxire.com/products/white-blue-pinstripe)

 

Lab test is an option if I find a lab closer to home than the usual one in India.

 

Thanks for your answer


Just wanted to point out I've often felt Thomas Mason fabrics in person in the fabric book and then had a shirt made from them. The shirt usually doesn't feel the same way once it is made until after quite a while.

 

Just an observation. I have a feeling that Monti also offers a huge range of 140s. Luxire's may well be on the low end for that price.

post #1005 of 9813
I concur with the above regarding possible differences in the 'hand' between similar fabrics

My shirtmaker even goes so far as to say that the some mills can be quite dishonest about the cloth they supply, giving you a swatch of something soft and luxurious, and then providing something else that looks the same but feels coarse and unrefined as a whole batch. He's had titanic arguments with them over this bait and switch tactic and tends to be quite careful when selecting fabrics these days.

To him, the most trustworthy are Alumo and SIC Tess.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread