or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 614

post #9196 of 12973

Really disappointed  because luxire doesn't answer my mails since wednesday. Before wednesday the communication with luxire was great. I hope to get an answer before they ship my packet.:mad:

post #9197 of 12973
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post

What kind of collar setting do you guys use for achieving a soft look without it being entirely unfused?

I just say in the notes "please use your softest possible collar lining".

Not sure what's in there but it works for me.
post #9198 of 12973
You want unfused but not unlined. Soft interlining, unfused. As a note, mercer uses an unlined collar (just 2 pieces of oxford cloth sewn together). Brooks' roll is is achieved with a fused collar. So, there's more than one way to skin the cat here, but a softly lined, unfused collar with proper length collar points and spacing (whatever that may be) is what you want, I'd guess.
post #9199 of 12973
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasM View Post
 

Really disappointed  because luxire doesn't answer my mails since wednesday. Before wednesday the communication with luxire was great. I hope to get an answer before they ship my packet.:mad:

 

Theresa sometimes disappears but she's also in India and we have no idea what her other duties at Luxire are. Considering how much she does and how much she responds to I like to give her the benefit of the doubt.

post #9200 of 12973

My last 2 order experiences:

 

Order 1

- Order Placed 11/19/13

- Shipping conf received 12/21/13

- No issues with measurements

- No duties upon receipt (USA)

 

Order 2

- Order Placed 3/8/14

- Shipping conf received 3/25/14

- No duties upon receipt (USA), dollar value listed on package was $179 for a shirt that cost $129 

- Alas, major issues with measurements - I asked that the sleeve length be made the same as on a previous order, and it is unwearably too short in comparison. Here are shots of the shirt I asked the sleeve length to be replicated off of, and on top of it the shirt I just got (light blue gingham). Email sent to luxire to see next steps on this. I think I may just send in a shirt to be replicated for all future orders instead of having to work through the constant minor adjustments to previous orders. 

 

 

 

post #9201 of 12973
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPSQ View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I don't know if it's your body or the jacket (or maybe just a really unfortunate pic), but that is the most asymmetrical thing I've ever seen. The left and right sides look like two completely different garments, with the left side looking about two sizes larger. The left shoulder looks like it overhangs your natural shoulder by a significant amount, is more padded, the left sleeve looks fuller... even the notches look significantly different from one another: the left is much lower and larger. Perhaps the most obvious issue is that the left side of the waist looks like it's cut very roomy, almost with no suppression, while the right side is very nipped. Just look at how much daylight you can see between your arm and torso on your right side vs. practically none on the left.

I've seen some nice jackets made by Luxire, but this isn't one of them, sorry to say.
post #9202 of 12973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

I don't know if it's your body or the jacket (or maybe just a really unfortunate pic), but that is the most asymmetrical thing I've ever seen. The left and right sides look like two completely different garments, with the left side looking about two sizes larger. The left shoulder looks like it overhangs your natural shoulder by a significant amount, is more padded, the left sleeve looks fuller... even the notches look significantly different from one another: the left is much lower and larger. Perhaps the most obvious issue is that the left side of the waist looks like it's cut very roomy, almost with no suppression, while the right side is very nipped. Just look at how much daylight you can see between your arm and torso on your right side vs. practically none on the left.

I've seen some nice jackets made by Luxire, but this isn't one of them, sorry to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPSQ View Post


On the other hand I will stick with wide lapels. I admit that they don't work perfectly in this execution, which in my opinion is due to the position of the lapel notch. Please have a look at the photo below and compare it to the original image. I have slimmed the sleeves, tapered the body, raised the lapel notch, increased the button stance and added my beloved roped shoulder on the left half of the picture (the right half of the suit). The right half has been left unchanged for comparison.
post #9203 of 12973
^ lol8[1].gif Well I guess I should have actually read the post. shog[1].gif

Makes sense now. I was scratching my head wondering how Luxire could have effed up that jacket so badly. My mistake!
post #9204 of 12973
What's that long fabric flap at the waist of a pair of pants called? Is the correct terminology Tab? I want to specify it to be secured by a horn button instead of a metal clasp. And what does everyone think about Luxires' horn buttons?
post #9205 of 12973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

^ lol8[1].gif Well I guess I should have actually read the post. shog[1].gif

Makes sense now. I was scratching my head wondering how Luxire could have effed up that jacket so badly. My mistake!

I made that same mistake. I was going WTF and was about to post the exact same thing you did until I read his post again just before I hit the submit button. smile.gif
post #9206 of 12973
Some classic bathroom shots of my attempt to have Luxire replicate Proper Cloth's "Soft Milano Cutaway".

http://propercloth.com/collar-styles/soft-milano-cutaway-collar

I also asked for a curved at the side of the collar, which I think is essential for collars with a large height at the back so that they don't splay out at the side. It probably could do with even more of a curve than it's got. And I think the back height is a little much even for me.

Anyway, as expected, it's a big collar. Not for the faint of heart...

*NB collar stays in which is why it has less of a roll than the originall
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Edited by lachyzee - 3/30/14 at 10:42pm
post #9207 of 12973

Received my first shirt from Luxire and I'm really quite impressed. I asked them to copy a Barba collar and they pretty much nailed it. Very happy with the overall fit with the some minor improvements to be made to the sleeve length and yoke. Now to plan my next purchases!

 

post #9208 of 12973

Theresa always keepin' me waiting.

 

Treatin' me mean, keepin' me keen.

post #9209 of 12973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandexter View Post
 

Received my first shirt from Luxire and I'm really quite impressed. I asked them to copy a Barba collar and they pretty much nailed it. Very happy with the overall fit with the some minor improvements to be made to the sleeve length and yoke. Now to plan my next purchases!

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

That's probably my favourite collar so far. Mind sharing the details (order nr, construction etc.)?

post #9210 of 12973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

 

That's probably my favourite collar so far. Mind sharing the details (order nr, construction etc.)?

 

Sure, no problem. Order #6329. Only instruction was to fuse the collar and copy the dimensions below. For context I usually wear an extra slim fit 38 inch collar in Borrelli, Barba and Finamore.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread