The pant is required for making the pattern. After the pattern is made, the new pant takes only 3-4 days more.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hong Kong Shirt Tailors - WW Chan vs Ascot Chang? Last post on 4/10/13 at 7:40am in Classic Menswear
- London bespoke casual shirts Last post on 9/12/12 at 10:40am in Classic Menswear
- Off the rack or custom made suits and shirts? Last post on 8/19/12 at 2:53am in Classic Menswear
- Anyone planning to attend Bellucci Napoli event next week (or can provide details on this NYC shop)? Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Bespoke Shirt option in NYC and rest of USA Help needed Last post on 11/12/12 at 12:08pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Edited on 5/31/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Edited on 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 57
No, pants are not deconstructed, only measured.
Tapes are added on some pants based on fabric and style chosen, while on others overlock is done.
If there is a preference for tapes, they can be requested for no additional charge.
Thank you for the personal compliment. I am very happy with the shirts. I'm not sure I'm capable of providing anything better than Luxire's photos for the fabric, and fit remains partially subjective. But I think you would be pleased if you contacted Luxire directly and wait for a response. They've always gotten back to me via email although it's sometimes taken a couple days. To be clear, I went through two shirt orders before I was able to nail down the fit for this final one. And the three shirts in my last order are very consistent in relation to each other. Only my first shirt was a complete throw away due to my armhole's measurements being way off, as well as a few other less critical mistakes. If I owned a well fitting shirt, I'd have sent it in. But I didn't. In all cases, they provided a product exactly to my specifications, so I cannot fault them for anything. Despite the one throw away, I'm very pleased with my experience and I consider it a small investment into the company.
Second iteration of the Luxire MTM process, feedback on what adjustments to make from here would be appreciated.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Probably tighten up the cuffs, and take off half an inch off the shoulders.
The most important question is, how do you feel wearing the shirt?
It's your shirt and you have to feel comfortable, SF standards or looks alone don't make a good shirt.
Do you feel any restrictions in movement?
Does the shirt ride up if you move your arms or put on a jacket?
Other from those questions, which you can only answer yourself, and besides althanis suggestions, personally I'd try to move the armhole even higher and slim the sleeves.
Take into consideration I like my armholes to sit extremely high and my sleeves very slim.
Also, do you have a bit of a hollow back?
Maybe you could balance front and back a bit better to reduce some fabric in the back.
Edited by Louis XIV - 1/8/13 at 1:55pm
I'd say so, yes. I've been quite happy with my first two shirts, which were based off of measurements of some shirts I already had (with some modifications).
Prozach, I am in Arlington too - just out of curiosity, which tailor do you use in the area?
For a couple of years I used Matt's Tailoring in downtown Falls Church. I picked him more or less arbitrarily and kept going back because he was cheap and the work was decent. I found that the quality of the work fell off (clear he was putting a lot of pieces out) and he was missing promise dates (and not calling me, so I'd have to make an extra trip). I have since gone to Reed's Custom Tailor on Lee Highway in Arlington. I've only had a chance to bring him a pair of trousers but the work was excellent, fast, and fairly priced. I suspect he will be my tailor of choice from now on.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA - Japanese Denim & More (Flat Head, Iron Heart,... 17 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 30 seconds ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Help finding a specific pair of braces! 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Technical Outerwear 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Meermin. Carmina 2nd brand? 3 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear) by alyssaw
- › What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12 by skehoe