The pant is required for making the pattern. After the pattern is made, the new pant takes only 3-4 days more.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBeach Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- brandBespoke Englandtagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 3/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Most common style mistakes Last post on 6/18/11 at 4:27pm in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrea Pompilio Mens Lemon Yellow Cotton Blend Blazer Size EU 46 (BRAND NEW WITH TAGS!!!!!) Last post on 4/10/13 at 7:55am in Marketplace
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 57
Styleforum Top Picks
No, pants are not deconstructed, only measured.
Tapes are added on some pants based on fabric and style chosen, while on others overlock is done.
If there is a preference for tapes, they can be requested for no additional charge.
Thank you for the personal compliment. I am very happy with the shirts. I'm not sure I'm capable of providing anything better than Luxire's photos for the fabric, and fit remains partially subjective. But I think you would be pleased if you contacted Luxire directly and wait for a response. They've always gotten back to me via email although it's sometimes taken a couple days. To be clear, I went through two shirt orders before I was able to nail down the fit for this final one. And the three shirts in my last order are very consistent in relation to each other. Only my first shirt was a complete throw away due to my armhole's measurements being way off, as well as a few other less critical mistakes. If I owned a well fitting shirt, I'd have sent it in. But I didn't. In all cases, they provided a product exactly to my specifications, so I cannot fault them for anything. Despite the one throw away, I'm very pleased with my experience and I consider it a small investment into the company.
Second iteration of the Luxire MTM process, feedback on what adjustments to make from here would be appreciated.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Probably tighten up the cuffs, and take off half an inch off the shoulders.
The most important question is, how do you feel wearing the shirt?
It's your shirt and you have to feel comfortable, SF standards or looks alone don't make a good shirt.
Do you feel any restrictions in movement?
Does the shirt ride up if you move your arms or put on a jacket?
Other from those questions, which you can only answer yourself, and besides althanis suggestions, personally I'd try to move the armhole even higher and slim the sleeves.
Take into consideration I like my armholes to sit extremely high and my sleeves very slim.
Also, do you have a bit of a hollow back?
Maybe you could balance front and back a bit better to reduce some fabric in the back.
Edited by Louis XIV - 1/8/13 at 1:55pm
I'd say so, yes. I've been quite happy with my first two shirts, which were based off of measurements of some shirts I already had (with some modifications).
Prozach, I am in Arlington too - just out of curiosity, which tailor do you use in the area?
For a couple of years I used Matt's Tailoring in downtown Falls Church. I picked him more or less arbitrarily and kept going back because he was cheap and the work was decent. I found that the quality of the work fell off (clear he was putting a lot of pieces out) and he was missing promise dates (and not calling me, so I'd have to make an extra trip). I have since gone to Reed's Custom Tailor on Lee Highway in Arlington. I've only had a chance to bring him a pair of trousers but the work was excellent, fast, and fairly priced. I suspect he will be my tailor of choice from now on.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Tres Bien Shop 6 minutes ago
- › Alfred Sargent Armfield Vs Crockett and Jones Audley 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 11 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw