or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 559

post #8371 of 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post
 

Those look nice, too! What are the details on those? I've got chocolate and off-white linen. I may get one more linen pair and call it done.

 

Single reverse pleats, 1.75" buttoned cuffs, button fly, Luxire's tan Linen. 


I copied the design off another member here (can't remember the order number, sorry!) and used measurements from a pair of reasonably well fitting PRL Preston Pants I've had dramatically altered (waist in, slimmed from the knee down majorly, hemmed). 

post #8372 of 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCcolocV View Post

What fabric is this?

http://luxire.com/products/blue-dress-stripes-twill

One of the cheaper fabrics (59.99) while I dial-in my pattern with Luxire, but still quite nice. Considering the quality, all the customization, accuracy of measurements, fast turnaround, free shipping... I'm convinced there is no better deal around for dress shirts, period. But everyone in this thread already knows that. tongue.gif
post #8373 of 12425
How do people feel about the lightly lined, soft, fused collar, particularly when worn unbuttoned? Thinking about spec'ing it on subsequent shirts but worried it would look awkward (overly straight) without a tie.

Also, anyone have thoughts on going with an unfused neckband with aforementioned fused collar?
post #8374 of 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post
 

 

Single reverse pleats, 1.75" buttoned cuffs, button fly, Luxire's tan Linen. 


I copied the design off another member here (can't remember the order number, sorry!) and used measurements from a pair of reasonably well fitting PRL Preston Pants I've had dramatically altered (waist in, slimmed from the knee down majorly, hemmed). 

 

Look interesting, any more pics by chance?

post #8375 of 12425

Just received my first luxire shirt today -- I went with the timo bd v2 collar; although it looks okay with a tie, the collar points are way too long for someone my size, so i'll probably indicate 3.5" collar points instead on my next order, along with a slight shift in the buttoning positions of the collar. will have to shift the location of the second button on the placket as well; as of now it's far too low.

 

 

 

 

post #8376 of 12425
Maybe make a larger knot to compensate, would make it look more proportionate
post #8377 of 12425

The risk of ordering someone else's collar is you may end up looking like you're wearing someone else's collar!

post #8378 of 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Maybe make a larger knot to compensate, would make it look more proportionate

 

I don't wear a tie often; I bought this with the intention of wearing it open-necked. The picture was just for illustration

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post
 

The risk of ordering someone else's collar is you may end up looking like you're wearing someone else's collar!

 

Indeed. I've learned my lesson (hopefully). I think if I had the presence of mind to request the size to be changed to compensate for my stature it would've worked out fine. 

post #8379 of 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiristol View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post
 

The risk of ordering someone else's collar is you may end up looking like you're wearing someone else's collar!

 

Indeed. I've learned my lesson (hopefully). I think if I had the presence of mind to request the size to be changed to compensate for my stature it would've worked out fine. 

 

It's a good lesson. We all make mistakes like that at some point.

post #8380 of 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiristol View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Just received my first luxire shirt today -- I went with the timo bd v2 collar; although it looks okay with a tie, the collar points are way too long for someone my size, so i'll probably indicate 3.5" collar points instead on my next order, along with a slight shift in the buttoning positions of the collar. will have to shift the location of the second button on the placket as well; as of now it's far too low.


 




That would be a pretty great collar if everything was scaled down a bit. I like the proportions and the roll.

Speaking of OCBD collars, does anyone have the specs. or an order number I can reference for a Kamakura-esque collar? I think they have the ideal button-down collar. Looks great with and without a tie.
post #8381 of 12425
Thread Starter 

Started our test exercises for bag making.

The khaki is in waxed canvas and leather. The black is in the 30 Oz wool and leather.

 

the finish should get better in subsequent trials.

 

post #8382 of 12425

Bags now, you guys just don't stop :)

 

If you are selling people shoes, pants, shirts...don't belts compliment those business lines?

 

I need an oxblood leather belt...just sayin ;)

post #8383 of 12425
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post
 

Bags now, you guys just don't stop :)

 

If you are selling people shoes, pants, shirts...don't belts compliment those business lines?

 

I need an oxblood leather belt...just sayin ;)

 

The leather, brass buckles, hole punches and waxed threads have been here for months. The only thing we have not been able to do is cut the freaking thing straight!

 

We are trying to create an old-world lure of classic leather goods, using some slow tanned leather and real metal to hold them together. Looking for something vintage style that can cut thick leather smoothly.

 

Please bear with us while we accomplish the unaccomplishable.

post #8384 of 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire 
Any fans of Brisbane Moss?

We plan on offering their complete collection linen, cords, moleskin and chinos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire 
I think the premium ones are nice and cream. We will review the button options when we order them again.

May be get to 18L/16L/14L combinations in cream. Probably reduce the thickness to 3mm to make them more "normal".

The Tennyson range of cotton drills has a perfect weight for chinos.
The shade of stone looks very promising.
This is a dream come true!

Also great decision on the thickness of the buttons, 3mm is a reasonable choice.
post #8385 of 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

The leather, brass buckles, hole punches and waxed threads have been here for months. The only thing we have not been able to do is cut the freaking thing straight!

We are trying to create an old-world lure of classic leather goods, using some slow tanned leather and real metal to hold them together. Looking for something vintage style that can cut thick leather smoothly.

Please bear with us while we accomplish the unaccomplishable.

Great to hear and I love the idea! I have a couple of overnight bags that I bought NOS. They're 1980's Polo Ralph Lauren made in England (possibly by Swaine Adeney Brigg?). Great pieces in canvas and leather. If you'd like some photos for ideas, I'd be happy to help. In fact, I have a couple of ideas in mind if I were creating complimentary pieces and/or a new weekender.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread