or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 491

post #7351 of 11630

Received a quite delayed parcel today, but sadly it did only contain the RTW shirts I ordered. I'm fine with those, will give further review later. Hopefully my pants and other shirts will be shipped soon, but 2 months is still ok. 

 

p.s.: delayed because of DHL, not because of Luxire.


Edited by zeBanker - 1/15/14 at 3:30pm
post #7352 of 11630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohare View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammanati View Post
 

I ordered 2 pairs of trousers on the 27th of December. Still waiting for the shipping confirmation. I don't think mine is taking too long but yours was just a super fast one

the lack of consistency for order times is making me uneasy and curious.  Ordered my trousers Jan 11...if I have to wait an entire month for the pants and my favorite pair of pants, this will be a long, long wait.

 

Have you checked on your order?

 

good morning

 

I assume that it makes a vast difference in turn around time whether it's a pre-existing pattern or whether it's something entirely new. as soon as you have got your pattern down  luxire will likely tremendously increase delivery speed. so far this has been the case with my chinos, the last three of which I ordered with the same pattern, they ended up being shipped within a fortnight.

 

I'm currently waiting on my first pair of jeans with an entirely new pattern; everything under two weeks would highly surprise me.

post #7353 of 11630
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post


I'm wearing a shirt I ordered on the 6th.

The production times with Luxire are more than reasonable. But I'm not sure why orders are not always produced in the order in which they were placed. I placed order on the 5th and production only began today. I wonder if they were out of one of the fabrics I ordered? It's not because of new measurements -- I submitted a completed pattern, so no pattern work is required on their part. Does anyone who knows more about manufacturing know why production would be out of sync with order dates? I'd be curious to know! 

 

I'm actually very happy about the production time so far. A local tailor inexplicably took 5 months to make me a half-canvas sportcoat, so a couple of weeks for shirts seems pretty sweet to me :fonz:

post #7354 of 11630
How do you know when production begins on your items?
post #7355 of 11630
Pretty bummed about the order I just received. Had an order replicated for a pair of pants that were made perfectly the first go round by replicating a pair I sent in. The pair I got today weren't lined to the knee, they didn't have metal tabs for the inner waist closure, wasn't supposed to have split waistband, and worst of all, wasn't supposed to have a left pocket. I guess it could be worse, the fit is spot on, but little things but me. I'll probably just roll with it, just a little disappointed. Also, anyone else notice a decline in the Dugdale fabric...this pair doesn't seem near as nice as the last two. Obviously, that isn't Luxires fault, just another bummer.
post #7356 of 11630
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanm View Post

How do you know when production begins on your items?

When they charge your payment method.
post #7357 of 11630

Can anyone comment on the quality of Luxire outerwear? Should I got with them or other mtm/bespoke dealers for that kind of thing? I'm talking heavy, 3/4 length, traditional overcoat.

post #7358 of 11630
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanm View Post

How do you know when production begins on your items?

AFAIK, the consensus around here is that when "authorized" changes to "paid" under payment status production has begun. Then when "unfulfilled" changes to "fulfilled" under fulfillment status, this means that the order has shipped. These statuses are shown for each order on the "Account Details and Order History" page on your Luxire.com account. I could be mistaken, however.

post #7359 of 11630

Did we ever figure out which white shirt was the "perfect" white shirt?

 

Should look high-quality and not be too prone to wrinkles. Ideally not too "drapey".

post #7360 of 11630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Pretty bummed about the order I just received. Had an order replicated for a pair of pants that were made perfectly the first go round by replicating a pair I sent in. The pair I got today weren't lined to the knee, they didn't have metal tabs for the inner waist closure, wasn't supposed to have split waistband, and worst of all, wasn't supposed to have a left pocket. I guess it could be worse, the fit is spot on, but little things but me. I'll probably just roll with it, just a little disappointed. Also, anyone else notice a decline in the Dugdale fabric...this pair doesn't seem near as nice as the last two. Obviously, that isn't Luxires fault, just another bummer.

That really sucks.
post #7361 of 11630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincon View Post

Did we ever figure out which white shirt was the "perfect" white shirt?

Should look high-quality and not be too prone to wrinkles. Ideally not too "drapey".

I'm also still looking for the perfect mid-weight white oxford. The warzone and warzone plus are a little too heavy or what I'm looking for.
post #7362 of 11630
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

That really sucks.

Yes, it does, but I guess I will just chalk it up as a lesson learned. In the future, I will be reiterating all of my special requests in the notes section, even if it is a replicated request. I'll send Theresa an email, but either way, I will be placing more orders. I don't want to scare people away from Luxire, this isn't the "norm".
post #7363 of 11630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Yes, it does, but I guess I will just chalk it up as a lesson learned. In the future, I will be reiterating all of my special requests in the notes section, even if it is a replicated request. I'll send Theresa an email, but either way, I will be placing more orders. I don't want to scare people away from Luxire, this isn't the "norm".

I usually err on the side of relisting everything that I want too. If the few extra minutes of effort can avoid this type of situation, I think that's pretty cheap. Good luck in your next order.
post #7364 of 11630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post


I'm also still looking for the perfect mid-weight white oxford. The warzone and warzone plus are a little too heavy or what I'm looking for.

I've tried the Lustrous White, White Twill and White Linen. 

 

Lustrous White - too wrinkly and soft imo

 

White Twill - Okay... nothing special though. 

 

White Linen - This is quite nice... but can't be worn in every circumstance as it is a somewhat rough linen. 

 

 

I'm mulling between Panama Weave White, "Natural Wrinkle Free" White, Honegger White and Monti White on White Stripes.

 

Anyone try any of these?

post #7365 of 11630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post


Yes, it does, but I guess I will just chalk it up as a lesson learned. In the future, I will be reiterating all of my special requests in the notes section, even if it is a replicated request. I'll send Theresa an email, but either way, I will be placing more orders. I don't want to scare people away from Luxire, this isn't the "norm".


I really don't get it...you didn't mess up but in the end  you call it a lesson learned for you?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread