Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:47 am in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 477
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7142 of 207301/8/14 at 5:39amQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
DHL express just delivered a christmas present:
12-14oz flannel tweed trousers... with side metal adjusters. The guy who had to sew them must have hated me.
They fit really great. Will post a pic in the next couple days. I can't wait for it to get cold outside now.
hey, did you specify the side adjusters to be there or did you just select it and they put it there?
From my past experiences with other MTM places, the side adjusters are on the waistband, not below it
i actually think i might prefer it to be like in your picpost #7143 of 207301/8/14 at 5:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Murlsquirl
Yeah, I noticed that. It isn't revealing anything other than an expiration date so no biggie, but it won't be there next time.
Here is a better shot for everyone. Don't mind the Bruins shirt, I was in my jammies... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That button stance looks really high, you should probably lower it at least an inch, maybe more.Quote:
Yep, that actually happened to me too, I had to send the shirts back to have the collars remade. Still waking for them to be finished...remakes seem to take way longer than new orders. I think it's been about 3 weeks since they received the shirts to remake and I haven't heard anything yet.
Edited by Beatlegeuse - 1/8/14 at 6:16ampost #7144 of 207301/8/14 at 6:12amQuote:
Wow, that is reallly fast. I just ordered two shirts, but left out the trousers as I need one of the shirts by jan. 25, and I had no faith in that Luxire could do trousers in less time than 4-5 weeks, but apparently they can.post #7145 of 207301/8/14 at 6:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Terpo
Spreadsheet with lots of custom collar details: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArNeLrwWnsmodDMwWl9ScVo3VkNlR2JRSU5tTFFOMlE&usp=sharing#gid=0
Has anyone tried a two inch collar with any of these BDs and if so, what adjustments were made to point length? What do people usually go for as to collar band height on these (1.75 inch)? Sorry, no cm conversion.post #7146 of 207301/8/14 at 6:19amQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
#5345 collar in action.
Didn't have time to iron this morning:
I think it looks great with a four in hand tie but looks marvellous without.
Due to the slight curve of the collar points, the collar doesn't slip over the lapels no matter how much I gesticulate. Fantastic!
That's fantastic. What's the collar height (band). You're a two-button fan (on the collar)? I think this is the collar I would want for dress shirts.post #7147 of 207301/8/14 at 6:29ampost #7148 of 207301/8/14 at 6:39am^^^ I like this as well. But it works because Clapeyron is a taller guy who has the neck to wear a collar like this. BTW I like the Vanda square.
I've been trying to find a slightly taller collar as well. But I don't really like the two button closure. I feel that if you need two buttons it may be too high. It is remarkable what a difference even a slight change to the collar band height can make. I have tried an extra 0.25" and I think it may be too much. And then you have to figure out what to do with the points. So I am running a few experiments to see if I can find something better. I'll post if I have anything promising. But it is great to see how others approach this.post #7149 of 207301/8/14 at 6:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Simplicio
^^^ I like this as well. But it works because Clapeyron is a taller guy who has the neck to wear a collar like this. BTW I like the Vanda square.
I've been trying to find a slightly taller collar as well. But I don't really like the two button closure. I feel that if you need two buttons it may be too high. It is remarkable what a difference even a slight change to the collar band height can make. I have tried an extra 0.25" and I think it may be too much. And then you have to figure out what to do with the points. So I am running a few experiments to see if I can find something better. I'll post if I have anything promising. But it is great to see how others approach this.
how high are you going? From what I can see Calpeyron doesn't have a very long neck (though long enough for a high collar to look good). The collar looks to be right by his adam's apple (from what I can see). He could probably go lower and still look good (0.25 inch). I know some people dislike that much collar above the jacket...I think it looks sharp, but ask me when I'm ten years older...post #7150 of 207301/8/14 at 6:53am
Actually, on two buttons, not sure why you do need them. I've read that it helps with structure in the collar, but not sure why. On the button hole side, maybe, because of the stitching, but on the button side? They are just sewn in at two small points. I suspect it's the lining that matters more, so if you have a high collar with no or light lining it's going to flop.
Seems moot if you wear a tie with that collar, though.post #7151 of 207301/8/14 at 6:57ampost #7152 of 207301/8/14 at 7:20ampost #7153 of 207301/8/14 at 7:31amQuote:
Thanks, Beatle. I am leaning towards an inch, probably not more than that.Quote:
Betel, it is actually a suit, but makes for an awesome SC. I have never worn it as a full suit and don't know if I ever will.post #7154 of 207301/8/14 at 7:37amQuote:
Whta?!?! Why not? I bet it looks awesome!
PS: I was confused when I read the first reply to brother B-geuse then I read the name again.post #7155 of 207301/8/14 at 9:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Murlsquirl
I agree, but what do you suggest...-25" or -50"? It also has the slightest of flare at the bottom so I was thinking of asking them to "decrease bottom width .25". I am being extremely picky about that and would probably be better off leaving it alone...not sure yet.
I doubt you can make an accurate suggestion with my arms in the position they are in. I think I have a good idea...
You said the bottom was flaring - if it is, would the request not be to increase the width of the bottom? My understanding is that it flares because it's being pulled to the sides too much, meaning it's being strained because it's too narrow.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 13 seconds ago
- › Motorcycles 41 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Julius 7 Leather Jacket sz 4/50 Lamb "Crack" 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Robert Geller Lounge Coat - Check - Size 46 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories