Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 4:23 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 477post #7142 of 235751/8/14 at 5:39amQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
DHL express just delivered a christmas present:
12-14oz flannel tweed trousers... with side metal adjusters. The guy who had to sew them must have hated me.
They fit really great. Will post a pic in the next couple days. I can't wait for it to get cold outside now.
hey, did you specify the side adjusters to be there or did you just select it and they put it there?
From my past experiences with other MTM places, the side adjusters are on the waistband, not below it
i actually think i might prefer it to be like in your picpost #7143 of 235751/8/14 at 5:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Murlsquirl
Yeah, I noticed that. It isn't revealing anything other than an expiration date so no biggie, but it won't be there next time.
Here is a better shot for everyone. Don't mind the Bruins shirt, I was in my jammies... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That button stance looks really high, you should probably lower it at least an inch, maybe more.Quote:
Yep, that actually happened to me too, I had to send the shirts back to have the collars remade. Still waking for them to be finished...remakes seem to take way longer than new orders. I think it's been about 3 weeks since they received the shirts to remake and I haven't heard anything yet.
Edited by Beatlegeuse - 1/8/14 at 6:16ampost #7144 of 235751/8/14 at 6:12amQuote:
Wow, that is reallly fast. I just ordered two shirts, but left out the trousers as I need one of the shirts by jan. 25, and I had no faith in that Luxire could do trousers in less time than 4-5 weeks, but apparently they can.post #7145 of 235751/8/14 at 6:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Terpo
Spreadsheet with lots of custom collar details: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArNeLrwWnsmodDMwWl9ScVo3VkNlR2JRSU5tTFFOMlE&usp=sharing#gid=0
Has anyone tried a two inch collar with any of these BDs and if so, what adjustments were made to point length? What do people usually go for as to collar band height on these (1.75 inch)? Sorry, no cm conversion.post #7146 of 235751/8/14 at 6:19amQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
#5345 collar in action.
Didn't have time to iron this morning:
I think it looks great with a four in hand tie but looks marvellous without.
Due to the slight curve of the collar points, the collar doesn't slip over the lapels no matter how much I gesticulate. Fantastic!
That's fantastic. What's the collar height (band). You're a two-button fan (on the collar)? I think this is the collar I would want for dress shirts.post #7147 of 235751/8/14 at 6:29ampost #7148 of 235751/8/14 at 6:39am^^^ I like this as well. But it works because Clapeyron is a taller guy who has the neck to wear a collar like this. BTW I like the Vanda square.
I've been trying to find a slightly taller collar as well. But I don't really like the two button closure. I feel that if you need two buttons it may be too high. It is remarkable what a difference even a slight change to the collar band height can make. I have tried an extra 0.25" and I think it may be too much. And then you have to figure out what to do with the points. So I am running a few experiments to see if I can find something better. I'll post if I have anything promising. But it is great to see how others approach this.post #7149 of 235751/8/14 at 6:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Simplicio
^^^ I like this as well. But it works because Clapeyron is a taller guy who has the neck to wear a collar like this. BTW I like the Vanda square.
I've been trying to find a slightly taller collar as well. But I don't really like the two button closure. I feel that if you need two buttons it may be too high. It is remarkable what a difference even a slight change to the collar band height can make. I have tried an extra 0.25" and I think it may be too much. And then you have to figure out what to do with the points. So I am running a few experiments to see if I can find something better. I'll post if I have anything promising. But it is great to see how others approach this.
how high are you going? From what I can see Calpeyron doesn't have a very long neck (though long enough for a high collar to look good). The collar looks to be right by his adam's apple (from what I can see). He could probably go lower and still look good (0.25 inch). I know some people dislike that much collar above the jacket...I think it looks sharp, but ask me when I'm ten years older...post #7150 of 235751/8/14 at 6:53am
Actually, on two buttons, not sure why you do need them. I've read that it helps with structure in the collar, but not sure why. On the button hole side, maybe, because of the stitching, but on the button side? They are just sewn in at two small points. I suspect it's the lining that matters more, so if you have a high collar with no or light lining it's going to flop.
Seems moot if you wear a tie with that collar, though.post #7151 of 235751/8/14 at 6:57ampost #7152 of 235751/8/14 at 7:20ampost #7153 of 235751/8/14 at 7:31amQuote:
Thanks, Beatle. I am leaning towards an inch, probably not more than that.Quote:
Betel, it is actually a suit, but makes for an awesome SC. I have never worn it as a full suit and don't know if I ever will.post #7154 of 235751/8/14 at 7:37amQuote:
Whta?!?! Why not? I bet it looks awesome!
PS: I was confused when I read the first reply to brother B-geuse then I read the name again.post #7155 of 235751/8/14 at 9:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Murlsquirl
I agree, but what do you suggest...-25" or -50"? It also has the slightest of flare at the bottom so I was thinking of asking them to "decrease bottom width .25". I am being extremely picky about that and would probably be better off leaving it alone...not sure yet.
I doubt you can make an accurate suggestion with my arms in the position they are in. I think I have a good idea...
You said the bottom was flaring - if it is, would the request not be to increase the width of the bottom? My understanding is that it flares because it's being pulled to the sides too much, meaning it's being strained because it's too narrow.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 9 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Rogue territory isc work shirt medium 7 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 21 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 23 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 23 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding