Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:12 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 477
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7142 of 189331/8/14 at 5:39amQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
DHL express just delivered a christmas present:
12-14oz flannel tweed trousers... with side metal adjusters. The guy who had to sew them must have hated me.
They fit really great. Will post a pic in the next couple days. I can't wait for it to get cold outside now.
hey, did you specify the side adjusters to be there or did you just select it and they put it there?
From my past experiences with other MTM places, the side adjusters are on the waistband, not below it
i actually think i might prefer it to be like in your picpost #7143 of 189331/8/14 at 5:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Murlsquirl
Yeah, I noticed that. It isn't revealing anything other than an expiration date so no biggie, but it won't be there next time.
Here is a better shot for everyone. Don't mind the Bruins shirt, I was in my jammies... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That button stance looks really high, you should probably lower it at least an inch, maybe more.Quote:
Yep, that actually happened to me too, I had to send the shirts back to have the collars remade. Still waking for them to be finished...remakes seem to take way longer than new orders. I think it's been about 3 weeks since they received the shirts to remake and I haven't heard anything yet.
Edited by Beatlegeuse - 1/8/14 at 6:16ampost #7144 of 189331/8/14 at 6:12amQuote:
Wow, that is reallly fast. I just ordered two shirts, but left out the trousers as I need one of the shirts by jan. 25, and I had no faith in that Luxire could do trousers in less time than 4-5 weeks, but apparently they can.post #7145 of 189331/8/14 at 6:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Terpo
Spreadsheet with lots of custom collar details: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArNeLrwWnsmodDMwWl9ScVo3VkNlR2JRSU5tTFFOMlE&usp=sharing#gid=0
Has anyone tried a two inch collar with any of these BDs and if so, what adjustments were made to point length? What do people usually go for as to collar band height on these (1.75 inch)? Sorry, no cm conversion.post #7146 of 189331/8/14 at 6:19amQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
#5345 collar in action.
Didn't have time to iron this morning:
I think it looks great with a four in hand tie but looks marvellous without.
Due to the slight curve of the collar points, the collar doesn't slip over the lapels no matter how much I gesticulate. Fantastic!
That's fantastic. What's the collar height (band). You're a two-button fan (on the collar)? I think this is the collar I would want for dress shirts.post #7147 of 189331/8/14 at 6:29ampost #7148 of 189331/8/14 at 6:39am^^^ I like this as well. But it works because Clapeyron is a taller guy who has the neck to wear a collar like this. BTW I like the Vanda square.
I've been trying to find a slightly taller collar as well. But I don't really like the two button closure. I feel that if you need two buttons it may be too high. It is remarkable what a difference even a slight change to the collar band height can make. I have tried an extra 0.25" and I think it may be too much. And then you have to figure out what to do with the points. So I am running a few experiments to see if I can find something better. I'll post if I have anything promising. But it is great to see how others approach this.post #7149 of 189331/8/14 at 6:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Simplicio
^^^ I like this as well. But it works because Clapeyron is a taller guy who has the neck to wear a collar like this. BTW I like the Vanda square.
I've been trying to find a slightly taller collar as well. But I don't really like the two button closure. I feel that if you need two buttons it may be too high. It is remarkable what a difference even a slight change to the collar band height can make. I have tried an extra 0.25" and I think it may be too much. And then you have to figure out what to do with the points. So I am running a few experiments to see if I can find something better. I'll post if I have anything promising. But it is great to see how others approach this.
how high are you going? From what I can see Calpeyron doesn't have a very long neck (though long enough for a high collar to look good). The collar looks to be right by his adam's apple (from what I can see). He could probably go lower and still look good (0.25 inch). I know some people dislike that much collar above the jacket...I think it looks sharp, but ask me when I'm ten years older...post #7150 of 189331/8/14 at 6:53am
Actually, on two buttons, not sure why you do need them. I've read that it helps with structure in the collar, but not sure why. On the button hole side, maybe, because of the stitching, but on the button side? They are just sewn in at two small points. I suspect it's the lining that matters more, so if you have a high collar with no or light lining it's going to flop.
Seems moot if you wear a tie with that collar, though.post #7151 of 189331/8/14 at 6:57ampost #7152 of 189331/8/14 at 7:20ampost #7153 of 189331/8/14 at 7:31amQuote:
Thanks, Beatle. I am leaning towards an inch, probably not more than that.Quote:
Betel, it is actually a suit, but makes for an awesome SC. I have never worn it as a full suit and don't know if I ever will.post #7154 of 189331/8/14 at 7:37amQuote:
Whta?!?! Why not? I bet it looks awesome!
PS: I was confused when I read the first reply to brother B-geuse then I read the name again.post #7155 of 189331/8/14 at 9:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Murlsquirl
I agree, but what do you suggest...-25" or -50"? It also has the slightest of flare at the bottom so I was thinking of asking them to "decrease bottom width .25". I am being extremely picky about that and would probably be better off leaving it alone...not sure yet.
I doubt you can make an accurate suggestion with my arms in the position they are in. I think I have a good idea...
You said the bottom was flaring - if it is, would the request not be to increase the width of the bottom? My understanding is that it flares because it's being pulled to the sides too much, meaning it's being strained because it's too narrow.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 19 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 40 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Motorcycles 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Would you buy these moccasins? 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...