Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 3/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt, megacowl shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 7:43 pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 466post #6976 of 168811/1/14 at 11:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6977 of 168811/1/14 at 11:30am
Not going to go into lots of details as people out there might start to get weird entitled expectations of what the baseline level of service should be, but Luxire just went way beyond what I considered to be the limit of their responsibilty as a distance-tailoring operation and well into the territory of what I would expect from a bespoke operation visited in person. Impressed++.
BTW, good to see some more fabric reviews cropping up in the thread; if not done already, please consider cross-posting them to Luxire's site so we can see then easily on the fabric pages without having to search the thread.post #6978 of 168811/1/14 at 12:49pm
Thanks that was helpful. Was the small blue checks this shirt?
I'm thinking of switching from my current MTM given the nice reviews from some members from whom I've learned and the price point of many of the fabrics. I will probably send in a shirt to replicate as that seems to be the safest route. Either of these fabrics seem affordable enough to do a trial shirt.
Be interested if folks have had a good button-down roll about 1.75-2 inch collar height, mercer, classic BB roll. I know it's back in the thread somewhere, and I've seen a few, but be happy to see pics/deets/order number again.
Interested in some checks/gingham for summer, linen, and university stripes too.post #6979 of 168811/1/14 at 2:46pmpost #6980 of 168811/1/14 at 4:25pmpost #6981 of 168811/1/14 at 4:29pmSmall graph checks blue. I just checked my order.Quote:Originally Posted by TweedyProf
Thanks that was helpful. Was the small blue checks this shirt?
http://luxire.com/collections/checks/products/small-blue-graphpost #6982 of 168811/1/14 at 8:00pmpost #6983 of 168811/2/14 at 7:57amQuote:Thanks for the review!Originally Posted by fridayfrenzy
I just wanted to give a quick review on the fabrics I have purchased over the past year. All the oxfords/chambray are in a casual BD style. The dress shirts are in a hidden button-down collar style. I work in an office environment where I wear shirts without a tie 90% of the time and like how this collar stands up instead of laying limp and flat with the top button undone.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)1. Warzone White Oxford - very thick oxford, softer with washes but hard to keep wrinkle free
2. Pale Pink Oxford - nice hue of pink and nice oxford fabric. I don't wear it very often only due to a styling issue that I never specified and Luxire guessed incorrectly.
3. Sky Blue Oxford - I love this fabric and colour of blue. A go-to shirt in my closet.
4. Navy Denim Chambray - was darker than I anticipated. It has a very very slight sheen to it. I like this shirt a lot, and just hoping the sheen disappears after its been washed.
5. Lustrous Fine White - meh. Wrinkles easily and feel like I can do better than this as an everyday white dress shirt. It doesn't get much wear as a result.
6. Red Mini Gingham - nice looking fabric, does not wrinkle (or can't see the wrinkles)
7. Pink Graph Checks - Easy to wear with navy or grey trousers.
8. White with subtle navy grid - I like this fabric. It has some texture and stays wrinkle-free.
9. Sky Blue Poplin 120/2 - standard business blue. Issue is that it wrinkles way too easily. I feel like I need to iron it by lunch-time.
10. Summer Purple Micro Gingham - probably my worst shirt. It is the last shirt I reach for. Way too thin. I should have known better when it was called "Summer". My own fault.
11. Light Sky Tattersall Graph by Monti - I like the texture and look of the fabric, but it wrinkles fairly easily and the placket always seems to be wrinkled.
12. Blue University Stripes - Go-to striped blue dress shirt. I would have preferred if the blue was more pale, but a great shirt nonetheless.
13. Small Graph Blue Checks - strongly recommend. Looks sharp and wears well.
14. Sky Blue Hairline Stripes - I was searching for a standard blue dress shirt with some texture. It looks light blue until you are up very close to it. A hearty fabric.
15. Blue Hairline Stripes - I liked the Sky Blue Hairline Stripes enough to get the darker version.
16. Deep Red Gingham - a great looking shirt all around. I just received it and have not worn it at the office.
17. Pale Blue Poplin 100/2 - Mistake. I was trying to find a pale blue and thought I was duped when I compared the fabric to the Sky Blue Poplin I own. They look identical in most light. They are ever so different (I think). I basically have two of the same shirts now, which isn't so bad that it is a basic blue. Wishing I would have splurged for the 140/2 Pale Blue instead.
Shirts on the short list for future orders - Traditional Cream and Tan Checks, Pale Blue Dress Stripes, Green Small Gingham, Blue Shadow Ginghampost #6984 of 168811/2/14 at 11:50am
Finally my shirt arrived! The fabric is really nice! Fit is almost what I wanted, still a bit of extra fabric around my shoulder blades but I think that this in a way helps me when my lats expand the shirt doesn't feel tight. I asked for a soft lining collar and it feels fantastic! I asked them to copy a collar... it's not the same still need some adjustments but doesn't look bad.post #6985 of 168811/2/14 at 1:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
I'm thinking of ordering a pair of jeans. Usually when I buy raw denim, the fabric loosens over time, when I contacted Luxire, however I was being told that I would have to account for the fabric to shrink slightly when providing measurements.
Those of you who have ordered jeans what are your experiences?
i read a review on the 13Oz Dark Indigo suggesting to oversize to account for shrinkage. i've washed cold and and i've washed hot. has not changed in size.
next order i make will be true-to-measurement.post #6986 of 168811/2/14 at 5:32pmpost #6987 of 168811/2/14 at 6:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by althanis
I was a little confused about this too, but you can enter any name, and your email address. When you do a review it'll email a confirmation email, and that's it. For example, I just reviewed this as TAG:
@fridayfrenzy See above, as discussed a few weeks ago.post #6988 of 168811/2/14 at 8:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Notreknip
@fridayfrenzy See above, as discussed a few weeks ago.
Good to know, but my issue was that it automatically put my first and last name from being logged on or replying to the review email (I'm guessing). It set up a yotpo user name but I could not alter it because I do not have facebook to login. I am assuming it has to do with the differences from a "Verified Buyer", "Verified Reviewer", and no verification.
Either way, Theresa has sent an email to the 3rd party to remedy the situation for me.
I sent 3 emails to Luxire today and received an answer almost instantly. Quite impressed.post #6989 of 168811/3/14 at 1:08am
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 46 seconds ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 5 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy Bomber Medium 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan