Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 3:17 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 466post #6976 of 216001/1/14 at 11:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6977 of 216001/1/14 at 11:30am
Not going to go into lots of details as people out there might start to get weird entitled expectations of what the baseline level of service should be, but Luxire just went way beyond what I considered to be the limit of their responsibilty as a distance-tailoring operation and well into the territory of what I would expect from a bespoke operation visited in person. Impressed++.
BTW, good to see some more fabric reviews cropping up in the thread; if not done already, please consider cross-posting them to Luxire's site so we can see then easily on the fabric pages without having to search the thread.post #6978 of 216001/1/14 at 12:49pm
Thanks that was helpful. Was the small blue checks this shirt?
I'm thinking of switching from my current MTM given the nice reviews from some members from whom I've learned and the price point of many of the fabrics. I will probably send in a shirt to replicate as that seems to be the safest route. Either of these fabrics seem affordable enough to do a trial shirt.
Be interested if folks have had a good button-down roll about 1.75-2 inch collar height, mercer, classic BB roll. I know it's back in the thread somewhere, and I've seen a few, but be happy to see pics/deets/order number again.
Interested in some checks/gingham for summer, linen, and university stripes too.post #6979 of 216001/1/14 at 2:46pmpost #6980 of 216001/1/14 at 4:25pmpost #6981 of 216001/1/14 at 4:29pmSmall graph checks blue. I just checked my order.Quote:Originally Posted by TweedyProf
Thanks that was helpful. Was the small blue checks this shirt?
http://luxire.com/collections/checks/products/small-blue-graphpost #6982 of 216001/1/14 at 8:00pmpost #6983 of 216001/2/14 at 7:57amQuote:Thanks for the review!Originally Posted by fridayfrenzy
I just wanted to give a quick review on the fabrics I have purchased over the past year. All the oxfords/chambray are in a casual BD style. The dress shirts are in a hidden button-down collar style. I work in an office environment where I wear shirts without a tie 90% of the time and like how this collar stands up instead of laying limp and flat with the top button undone.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)1. Warzone White Oxford - very thick oxford, softer with washes but hard to keep wrinkle free
2. Pale Pink Oxford - nice hue of pink and nice oxford fabric. I don't wear it very often only due to a styling issue that I never specified and Luxire guessed incorrectly.
3. Sky Blue Oxford - I love this fabric and colour of blue. A go-to shirt in my closet.
4. Navy Denim Chambray - was darker than I anticipated. It has a very very slight sheen to it. I like this shirt a lot, and just hoping the sheen disappears after its been washed.
5. Lustrous Fine White - meh. Wrinkles easily and feel like I can do better than this as an everyday white dress shirt. It doesn't get much wear as a result.
6. Red Mini Gingham - nice looking fabric, does not wrinkle (or can't see the wrinkles)
7. Pink Graph Checks - Easy to wear with navy or grey trousers.
8. White with subtle navy grid - I like this fabric. It has some texture and stays wrinkle-free.
9. Sky Blue Poplin 120/2 - standard business blue. Issue is that it wrinkles way too easily. I feel like I need to iron it by lunch-time.
10. Summer Purple Micro Gingham - probably my worst shirt. It is the last shirt I reach for. Way too thin. I should have known better when it was called "Summer". My own fault.
11. Light Sky Tattersall Graph by Monti - I like the texture and look of the fabric, but it wrinkles fairly easily and the placket always seems to be wrinkled.
12. Blue University Stripes - Go-to striped blue dress shirt. I would have preferred if the blue was more pale, but a great shirt nonetheless.
13. Small Graph Blue Checks - strongly recommend. Looks sharp and wears well.
14. Sky Blue Hairline Stripes - I was searching for a standard blue dress shirt with some texture. It looks light blue until you are up very close to it. A hearty fabric.
15. Blue Hairline Stripes - I liked the Sky Blue Hairline Stripes enough to get the darker version.
16. Deep Red Gingham - a great looking shirt all around. I just received it and have not worn it at the office.
17. Pale Blue Poplin 100/2 - Mistake. I was trying to find a pale blue and thought I was duped when I compared the fabric to the Sky Blue Poplin I own. They look identical in most light. They are ever so different (I think). I basically have two of the same shirts now, which isn't so bad that it is a basic blue. Wishing I would have splurged for the 140/2 Pale Blue instead.
Shirts on the short list for future orders - Traditional Cream and Tan Checks, Pale Blue Dress Stripes, Green Small Gingham, Blue Shadow Ginghampost #6984 of 216001/2/14 at 11:50am
Finally my shirt arrived! The fabric is really nice! Fit is almost what I wanted, still a bit of extra fabric around my shoulder blades but I think that this in a way helps me when my lats expand the shirt doesn't feel tight. I asked for a soft lining collar and it feels fantastic! I asked them to copy a collar... it's not the same still need some adjustments but doesn't look bad.post #6985 of 216001/2/14 at 1:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
I'm thinking of ordering a pair of jeans. Usually when I buy raw denim, the fabric loosens over time, when I contacted Luxire, however I was being told that I would have to account for the fabric to shrink slightly when providing measurements.
Those of you who have ordered jeans what are your experiences?
i read a review on the 13Oz Dark Indigo suggesting to oversize to account for shrinkage. i've washed cold and and i've washed hot. has not changed in size.
next order i make will be true-to-measurement.post #6986 of 216001/2/14 at 5:32pmpost #6987 of 216001/2/14 at 6:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by althanis
I was a little confused about this too, but you can enter any name, and your email address. When you do a review it'll email a confirmation email, and that's it. For example, I just reviewed this as TAG:
@fridayfrenzy See above, as discussed a few weeks ago.post #6988 of 216001/2/14 at 8:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Notreknip
@fridayfrenzy See above, as discussed a few weeks ago.
Good to know, but my issue was that it automatically put my first and last name from being logged on or replying to the review email (I'm guessing). It set up a yotpo user name but I could not alter it because I do not have facebook to login. I am assuming it has to do with the differences from a "Verified Buyer", "Verified Reviewer", and no verification.
Either way, Theresa has sent an email to the 3rd party to remedy the situation for me.
I sent 3 emails to Luxire today and received an answer almost instantly. Quite impressed.post #6989 of 216001/3/14 at 1:08am
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Can't mirror shine after using saphir renomat 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 13 minutes ago
- › ***The Not Even Slightly Official SW+D Booze and Cocktail Thread*** 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 24 minutes ago
- › Rubber soled shoes 25 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 25 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?