I think I'm going to wait until September to order though so it will be ready for next winter
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:47 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:54 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 460
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6887 of 1833612/24/13 at 6:45ampost #6888 of 1833612/24/13 at 7:56amQuote:
I placed an order in the last week or two for some moleskin pants. My credit card has already been charged so I'm assuming they've hit production already. I'll try to post pics when they arrive.
Also got a scarf and a boatload of pants fabric swatches. As always, excited about receiving a Luxire package!!post #6889 of 1833612/24/13 at 7:58ampost #6890 of 1833612/24/13 at 8:50amQuote:
Swatches can be deceptive. Fabrics feel a lot different after the finishing chemicals wear off and they've been worn/washed a few times. Some age gracefully, others become limp and flimsy.post #6891 of 1833612/24/13 at 9:29amQuote:Originally Posted by johanm
Swatches can be deceptive. Fabrics feel a lot different after the finishing chemicals wear off and they've been worn/washed a few times. Some age gracefully, others become limp and flimsy.
Agreed. And maybe I am too inexperienced, but I find swatches to be great for identifying color and texture, but not easy for me to determine the body of the fabric when it is made up into a shirt.
Also, to put my comments in perspective, I'm just offering a discussion around a perspective that I have as a customer of Luxire, it is not a major criticism or complaint. I made my first order last month and immediately ordered two more shirts and will shortly be ordering another 10+. I would have ordered the 10+ already if not for the questions I have about each fabric.post #6892 of 1833612/24/13 at 11:45am
Does the height of the shirt yoke (measured from back of collar to bottom of the yoke) affect sleeve drape? I attached a picture below showing what I mean. I ask because all of my Luxire shirts have fairly large creases emanating from the shoulders on each sleeve while my TM Lewin shirts with the same sleeve width, armhole, yoke width, etc. do not. The Luxire's measure 3.75 inches while TM Lewin's measure only 2.5 inches.post #6893 of 1833612/24/13 at 1:21pmpost #6894 of 1833612/24/13 at 1:53pmpost #6895 of 1833612/24/13 at 1:59pmpost #6896 of 1833612/24/13 at 2:11pmQuote:
Thats awesome, did you provide pics to luxire or put anything special in the order for them to know to do that?post #6897 of 1833612/24/13 at 3:01pm
The default version of attaching the sleeves is like a "T", i.e. fitting best when your arms are raised to the sides.. Alternatively, the sleeves can be attached to fit when your arms are hanging. So depending on if you want to wear the shirt while sitting at your desk or ballroom dancing one may be more suitable than the other.post #6898 of 1833612/24/13 at 3:08pmpost #6899 of 1833612/24/13 at 5:41pmpost #6900 of 1833612/25/13 at 6:29amQuote:
I ordered this shirt in http://luxire.com/products/pale-blue-poplin. Needless to say, it was a very different color from the swatch I had received. It is certainly not light blue.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › If you're not wearing these crunchy af knit ties you need to... 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 6 minutes ago
- › Hill-Side Ties and Pocket Squares for cool kids, nerds, and you -... 7 minutes ago
- › You need better ties. Buy mine. Drake's, EG Capelli, Exquisite... 8 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...