or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 460

post #6886 of 9690
^asked them a while ago with toj pics as example and they said to use the wool peacoat page to order

I think I'm going to wait until September to order though so it will be ready for next winter
post #6887 of 9690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

^asked them a while ago with toj pics as example and they said to use the wool peacoat page to order

I think I'm going to wait until September to order though so it will be ready for next winter
Thanks for the heads up. I'll wait for them to get back to me. It's summer here now so a good time to order.
post #6888 of 9690
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post


He linked to both of them in his post.
It's something to think about. I'm anxious to try out the moleskin fabric too.

Does anyone have any pics of that made up?

 

I placed an order in the last week or two for some moleskin pants.  My credit card has already been charged so I'm assuming they've hit production already.  I'll try to post pics when they arrive.

 

Also got a scarf and a boatload of pants fabric swatches.  As always, excited about receiving a Luxire package!!

post #6889 of 9690
Sounds good, looking forward to pics.
post #6890 of 9690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

^ seems like ordering swatches before you buy would solve your issues. I realize sometimes fabrics sell out by the time you get your swatch and are ready to place your order, but for the most part they do a pretty good job of keeping popular fabrics in stock.

Swatches can be deceptive. Fabrics feel a lot different after the finishing chemicals wear off and they've been worn/washed a few times. Some age gracefully, others become limp and flimsy.
post #6891 of 9690
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanm View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

^ seems like ordering swatches before you buy would solve your issues. I realize sometimes fabrics sell out by the time you get your swatch and are ready to place your order, but for the most part they do a pretty good job of keeping popular fabrics in stock.

Swatches can be deceptive. Fabrics feel a lot different after the finishing chemicals wear off and they've been worn/washed a few times. Some age gracefully, others become limp and flimsy.

 

Agreed. And maybe I am too inexperienced, but I find swatches to be great for identifying color and texture, but not easy for me to determine the body of the fabric when it is made up into a shirt.

 

Also, to put my comments in perspective, I'm just offering a discussion around a perspective that I have as a customer of Luxire, it is not a major criticism or complaint. I made my first order last month and immediately ordered two more shirts and will shortly be ordering another 10+. I would have ordered the 10+ already if not for the questions I have about each fabric.

post #6892 of 9690

Does the height of the shirt yoke (measured from back of collar to bottom of the yoke) affect sleeve drape?  I attached a picture below showing what I mean.  I ask because all of my Luxire shirts have fairly large creases emanating from the shoulders on each sleeve while my TM Lewin shirts with the same sleeve width, armhole, yoke width, etc. do not.  The Luxire's measure 3.75 inches while TM Lewin's measure only 2.5 inches.  

 

 

post #6893 of 9690

Interesting burghler, hopefully Luxire could comment.

post #6894 of 9690
Very interested in the answer as well.
post #6895 of 9690
For the above issue, I've emailed Luxire before and they told me they could fix it by adjusting the sleeve angle. The next shirt I ordered with it didn't have those creases anymore.
post #6896 of 9690
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDestiny View Post

For the above issue, I've emailed Luxire before and they told me they could fix it by adjusting the sleeve angle. The next shirt I ordered with it didn't have those creases anymore.

 

Thats awesome, did you provide pics to luxire or put anything special in the order for them to know to do that?

post #6897 of 9690

The default version of attaching the sleeves is like a "T", i.e. fitting best when your arms are raised to the sides.. Alternatively, the sleeves can be attached to fit when your arms are hanging. So depending on if you want to wear the shirt while sitting at your desk or ballroom dancing one may be more suitable than the other.

post #6898 of 9690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

Thats awesome, did you provide pics to luxire or put anything special in the order for them to know to do that?
The instructions from them were a bit unclear. In the end, I attached a picture and asked them to adjust the sleeve angle to remove the creases.
post #6899 of 9690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

^ #5119

Yeah, I have to agree on the  V-stitching and the V-shaped collar back being very unique and indicative of customization.  I might have to do that on my next shirt(s).

post #6900 of 9690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

^ seems like ordering swatches before you buy would solve your issues. I realize sometimes fabrics sell out by the time you get your swatch and are ready to place your order, but for the most part they do a pretty good job of keeping popular fabrics in stock.

 

I ordered this shirt in http://luxire.com/products/pale-blue-poplin. Needless to say, it was a very different color from the swatch I had received. It is certainly not light blue.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread